General Information

BQEYZ Spring 2 1BA + Piezoelectric Ceramic + Dynamic Driver Hybrid 2Pin 0.78mm HiFi In-Ear Earphones

bqeyz-spring-2-announced-a-new-triple-hybrid-iem-from-bqeyz-998916_1200x1207.jpg

Description

Structural analysis

Balanced armature, 13mm bionic diaphragm dynamic driver, 9 layers of nano piezoelectric ceramics.

Coaxial dual-cavity patent dynamic ceramic horn, three-frequency independent tuning, physical frequency division.

Powerful magnet, ultra-thin film, high resolution.

-1099868486-943840411~3.jpg

-10984885161267188620.jpg

Different timbre styles, listening to the vocals with their own emotional atmosphere, more transparent and bright.

Self-creating

Midnight black and olive green colors are available. Just like Paris, the fashion capital of the modern world. Make your own style statement and choose your own color. Let midnight black and olive green reflect your style.

Detachable cable design

0.78mm 2Pin detachable design, choose 3.5 single-ended, 4.4 & 2.5 balanced versions options.

4 core single crystal copper cable up to 224 strands, so that the sound more transparent, more details.

Haf755305318a42348e30002bcd2059d87_large.jpg

Better fit

Compared with Spring 1, we improved ergonomics and shaped Spring 2 which is more close to the ear.

The whole piece of aluminium

5-axis CNC machined anodized process.

Accessories upgrade

This time we carried out a major upgrade from inside to outside, and cleaned up the earphones, no longer cumbersome.

Equipped with a variety of eartips to cover the ear canal of most people, making Spring 2's dynamic ceramic balanced armature sound as you wish.

Atmosphere: low frequency eartips

Reference: vocal eartips

Memory foam: sound insulation

H5d319d1caed3495286412ddb5480fe20c_large.jpg

Specification

Model: Spring 2

Unit: 9-layers piezoelectric ceramic sheet + 13mm Bionic diaphragm dynamic driver + 1 balanced armature

Impedance: 32 Ω

Sensitivity: 110dB±3dB (@1k)

Frequency response: 7-40kHz

Cable length: 1.2m

Pin type: 2pin 0.78mm

Earphone single weight: 13.3g±5g

Package

Spring 2

6 pairs silicon eartips set(2S/2M/2L)

1 pair memory foam eartips (M)

Eartips storage board

Leather storage box

Cleaning brush

Latest reviews

Yeemail

New Head-Fier
A really nice package overall
Pros: Unboxing experience is impressive, lots of accessories
Cable is a really nice, soft 4 core gold coloured cable that works perfectly with the green IEMs
Build quality is top-notch, metal all around, nozzle is a good size with a lip
Insane amounts of details
Vocals are clear and forward
Treble isn't sibilant or ear-piercing unless you're listening to bad quality songs
Cons: The design, while it allows for a comfortable fit, it doesn't feel like I've made a seal
Bass is a tad too light for me, not the tightest either
Wish there were more colour choices available
Overall, I really enjoy these IEMs. It feels very complete with the amount of accessories you get, but I did end up changing the eartips to the CP145s, just because I then got a better fit. Other than that, there's not too much I would change about these.
I also did try pairing these with the iBasso DC03, and while there were some improvements, especially in the bass region, it wasn't all too much different.

I've also made a YouTube video going a bit more in-depth, if you wanna check it out, watch below:

bryaudioreviews

New Head-Fier
Help! I am turning into a BQEYZ fanboy… 😍 - BQEYZ Spring 2 Review
Pros: - mid-focused, W shaped sound signature
- great details especially in the mids/treble
- piezo treble
- good technicalities
- great build
- good accessory set
Cons: - bass could go deeper
- bass can be a bit slow
- fit and isolation might be an issue
The BQEYZ Spring 2 needs no introduction. It has been well established as being a great tri-hybrid for the price. Praised by many in 2020, does the Spring 2 still lives up to the hype? Read on further to find out.

Before we start the review, let's start off with some specs. The BQEYZ Spring 2 is a tri-hybrid IEM with 1 dynamic driver for bass, 1 BA for mids, and 1 9-layer piezoelectric ceramic driver for the treble. It comes with 2 different sets of tips (wide bore / normal bore), a full copper cable, and a carrying case. Overall, the accessory set is great and I am happy with the unboxing experience. Wide bore tips will be used for this review as I find that to sound better with the Spring 2. YMMW.

With that out of the way, let's start the review.

PROS
✅
:​

• The tuning here is more mid-focused, but is overall still what I'll call a W-shaped sound signature. Pretty versatile and works with most genres, especially if you are a fan of vocals.
  • Bass here is what I'll describe as warm and smooth. It is more mid-bass focused than sub-bass. It isn't super tight and fast, nor is it super deep. But it has that warm and smooth characteristic to it that I really like… reminds me of a cup of filtered coffee. Don’t get me wrong, there is sub-bass, just not as deep as Summer's (comparisons below).
  • The midrange is the star of the show here. If you are a fan of mids/vocals, you are in for a ride. I would describe the midrange here as open, warm, and luscious. Vocals are pushed forward, thick and crisp. Midrange is open, warm, and detailed. Instrument separation here is amazing too.
  • As expected from an IEM tuned by BQEYZ, the timbre here is great. Natural and warm sounding.
  • Regarding the piezo treble here, I am actually pretty surprised. After trying the Summer, I expected the Spring 2 to be the brighter, more treble-focused cousin.. But that isn't the case here. Treble here is actually pretty smooth and non-fatiguing, whilst still retaining that bite, sparkle, and detail that we all love and expect from piezo. Unless you are super treble-sensitive, I don’t see how you will have a problem with the treble here. In my opinion, it is tuned really well.
  • Soundstage here is pretty open, with good depth and decent height. Nothing to complain about. Overall soundstage is pretty well rounded
  • Imaging is pretty good too. Including front-back imaging.
  • Detail retrieval for mids and treble is great too. I could pick up on tiny nuances in the mids and treble region. Not the most effortless, but at this price point, it is considered pretty good.
  • 2 different types of tips provided - 1 wide bore and 1 normal bore. I prefer the wide bore tips as it opens up the midrange.
  • Very good accessory set. Great cable, great case.

CONS
❌
:​

• Bass could be deeper and tighter. A bit too smooth/relaxed for fast-paced music.
  • Bass lacks a bit of detail and could be slightly sluggish.
  • Overall just not the best for fast-paced songs like metal, rock, EDM, hip-hop, etc.
  • Fit and isolation aren't the best. I find myself readjusting the IEM once in a while. Changing to a longer bore eartips seems to make them fit better? But I do not like how it sounds with those tips (stock wide bore tips sound best). I think it is a combination of the Spring 2's wider + shorter than usual stem that is causing the issues with fit, for me at least.

SPRING 2
❄
VS. SUMMER
🔥
:​

• In comparison, Summer is more fun and engaging while Spring 2 is smoother and more mid-focused.
  • Summer is more V-shaped with tighter, deeper, faster bass, better sub-bass rumble, slightly more upper mids, and slightly brighter overall. However, mids/lower mids are slightly behind with its treble being splashier and brighter.

If you prefer tighter, fuller bass, Summer would be the better choice. Works perfect with Hip Hop, Pop, Metal, EDM, and any face-paced genres.

• Spring 2 is more mid-focused, with a more forward, thicker, fuller vocal presence. Bass is smoother and slower. Treble is smoother too but more detailed than Summer. It is also slightly easier to drive.

If you are looking for mids/treble detail, Spring 2 would be the better choice. Works perfectly with instrumentals, soft pop, vocals, rap, soft rock, acoustics, and any mid-focused genres.

IN CONCLUSION:​

The title of this review explains it all… I really like the Spring 2. There is a reason why BQEYZ Spring 2 has been so highly praised by others as being a great IEM for the price, and I can't help but agree.

Personally, for my preference and music taste, I still slightly prefer the Summer thanks to its tighter fuller bass. In my opinion it is more versatile and it works with more genres.

But if you are more into mids and treble detail, vocals, rap, details, and music genres like acoustics, soft pop, I can't help but urge you to give Spring 2 a try. If you are ok with slower bass and prefer mid/treble more than anything, then the BQEYZ Spring 2 is an amazing choice for $129usd.

Have you tried the Spring 2? If yes, let me know down in the comments! Would love to hear your thoughts
😉

20210602_144005.jpg

Layman1

Headphoneus Supremus
Pros: rich vivid mids, timbre (esp. percussion, vocals and strings), price, cable, cohesive, dynamic
Cons: slightly relaxed low end and treble (could be a pro or a con, depending on taste)
Introduction:

Today, I’ll be reviewing something from a brand I haven’t tried before; an IEM by an established Chinese audio company, namely BQEZ with their Spring 2 IEM.
All details can be found on BQEZ’s official AliExpress page (link below), and the IEM can be purchased there and delivered to locations around the globe.

It is also available on Amazon here in the UK (link below) and I believe in other countries too.

I’ve posted the link to their main page above. At the time of writing, the Spring 2 was on special offer with a 20% discount(!), so if you love the sound of this IEM, click fast! :D

The Spring 2 is a tribrid IEM and features a whopping 13mm dynamic driver for a bass-tastic response, allied with a balanced armature for the mids and a piezoelectric driver for the highs. I have to admit, I’m quite excited by this combination; it has ‘WIN’ written all over it in the humble opinion of Layman1 :)
The RRP at time of writing was a $169 ($135 on sale!), placing it – financially speaking - at what I suppose these days would be around the middle to upper end of entry level pricing.

My sincere thanks to Elle and the team at BQEZ, for providing me with a review unit to keep in exchange for an honest review.
Please proceed to the photos section below for information of a more visual nature :)

Photos:

20210123_124836.jpg
20210123_124933.jpg
20210123_125129.jpg
20210123_125220.jpg
20210123_125449.jpg
20210123_125615.jpg20210123_125637.jpg

Unboxing, packaging and accessories:

The packaging and accessories are nicely done and surprisingly generous given the very limited budget they are working with here.

There’s a case made of what looks like a PU leather material. It looks pleasingly classy and is very easy to use; the only (tiny) criticism I could make is that it’s pretty chunky if one wanted to carry it around in a pocket or small bag.
I reviewed the KBEAR Lark recently, a budget IEM with a much slimmer case that I really liked. Having said that, the Spring 2, with its tribrid driver configuration and more substantial cable, probably wouldn’t fit in a case that was much slimmer, and also the larger case will protect this comparatively more expensive IEM better.
Either way, it’s a stylish and capacious case, so I think most people will be very happy with it.

The cable deserves special mention; I really like this one! It’s reassuringly chunky, but not cumbersome in any way and I didn’t have any issues with transmitted noise or vibrations from it moving around when I walked about. The copper looks very attractive in the soft, pliable and transparent sleeve, the Y-split, plug and connectors are made of metal and all look simple and stylish and I was able to select my choice of plugs (and chose 4.4mm), so I’m really happy to have that option that many much more expensive IEMs do not offer.

The cable has clear L and R markings, which I really like. The only thing I would suggest is to add a coloured dot inset into each side, because with time the existing L and R markings could be rubbed off and it would be nice to have a more permanent identifier.
Oh, and the cable is detachable, with 2 pin connectors with recessed connector sockets so they sit partially within the body of the IEM. Again, I really like this design choice and it means you also have the option to replace/upgrade the cable.

Finally, the IEMs themselves are attractively designed with a matte-black shell which features a bevelled contrasting edge with a copper/rose gold finish.
They look tastefully stylish overall and I’m very happy with the design.
The IEMs are also available in a green colour option as well; see the link I posted to their webpage in the introduction.

The Fit:

The IEMs are on the relatively larger size and the inner surface of the shells sat flush with the surface of my ear on the left side, but not on the right; some tweaking with ear tip size and style addressed this though.
I found them to be fairly lightweight and comfortable in long listening sessions.

The Sound:

By way of a disclaimer (that I’ve used more than once recently!), I’ve been reviewing for a few years now and steadily upgrading my collection to the point where I mostly listen to TOTL ($1k+) gear on a daily basis, which is a blessing that I still in no way take for granted!

But, because of this, it’s not an easy or simple thing to drop back to something in the budget range and launch into critical listening, especially having just come from something like the UM MEST Mk II or Campfire Solaris 2020!
In all that follows, I’m trying to judge the Spring 2 according to its merits and bearing in mind the price point and the few other IEMs I’ve heard in the budget range.

I listened using the excellent iBasso DX160 and the Sony WM1Z with music from a wide range of genres, mostly in lossless FLAC, with about 40% of the files in hi-res HDTracks, DSD or similar.

Low end:
Listening to ‘Drop the game’ by Flume & Chet Faker, I was extremely happy with the Spring 2’s bass response on this song. With Club 8’s album ‘Pleasure’ and ‘Streatham’ by Dave, I found myself wishing for a bit more sub-bass power and extension. The mid-bass had comparatively more emphasis in these songs and was head-bobbingly engaging. But back to ‘Drop the game’ and here, when the synthetic bassy rumble kicks in from 25 seconds into the song, there’s a very welcome touch of power and authority to it that comes through from the sub-bass.

So I’d say the mid-bass is comparatively more consistent, but the sub-bass is a bit track-dependent and I also noticed it seemed more prominent in the mix at higher volumes, which on some songs had me compulsively cranking the volume like the degenerate bass-addict that I am :)
I don’t hear the low end (the mid-bass in particular) as being lean or especially tight, but I felt there was still enough control on offer to keep things from sounding messy.

On Paul Young’s ‘Wherever I lay my hat’, the Spring 2 impressed me with how it captured the timbre and decay of wizard Pino Palladino’s bass guitar, especially in the intro where it’s more prominent in the song.

On ‘Romeo and Juliet’ by Dire Straits, I was impressed by the clatter and thump of the drums in the chorus, along with their timbre, which I found to be accurate and engaging.
In fact, across a variety of songs, I found this to be a strong point of the Spring 2.

With a good seal in place, the Spring 2 features a reasonably impactful low end; I listened to most of the album ‘Pleasure’ by Swedish pop/ambient/acoustic duo Club 8 and found this IEM to be an enjoyable companion! The slightly high-pitched female vocals can, on some IEMs, come across as a bit sharp or sibilant (I’m rather sensitive to this anyway), but the Spring 2 was consistently smooth but still managing to retain an engaging amount of brightness and a soft and delicate touch of understated sparkle.

Italian hip-hop outfit Poison’s ‘Dove Sei?’ (my go-to track for bass extension and impact) and the Spring 2 presents the thunderous synthetic bass/drums of this song with a very pleasing amount of rumble, impact and slam. The sub-bass extension is not going to match IEM’s in the hundreds or thousands of dollars, but it’s still nicely done, and I hear a little lift in the mid-bass, which brings a bit of warmth and texture, without any undesirable bloating.

Mids:
Listening to ‘Monument’ by Röyksopp (feat. Robyn), I would describe the presentation as pretty good! Bearing in mind that I’m more accustomed to listening to IEMs ten times the price, I hear the Spring 2 to capture fairly well the texture and grit of the synthetic beat and riff in this song. It’s not quite as textured as some IEMs I’ve heard on this particular song, even other ones in the budget range, but aside from this it’s still a very enchanting listen.
It brings out the small electronica details in the background really well with this and all other songs I listened to.
It separates out vocals and backing vocals nicely, has well done layering and imaging.

Now then; ‘The Gulf of Mexico’ by Shawn Mullins is a song I like to use as it features good, textured male vocals (of a slightly higher pitch), chiming acoustic guitar strums and bongos or some similar hand-struck drum. This song shines with IEMs that present timbre well, separate well and has a bit of magic with IEMs that have a lovely touch of shimmer.
After all my TOTL experience thus far, I still think iBasso’s IT03 ($279 when new) is the IEM that I’ve most loved with this song! It has a gorgeous shimmer and a timbre on the bass tuning that I think is astoundingly good.

However, we’re talking about the Spring 2 here (or at least, I am! Pay attention at the back there Perkins!) and I’m pleased to report it does a very good job with this song.
That separation I mentioned previously is here and doing a good job. The soundstage, whilst not huge or holographic is decently large and spacious.
There’s an impressively realistic timbre to the bongos, the vocals have a nice amount of texture and a faithful timbre, and – hurrah! – there’s a lovely touch of shimmer to be enjoyed here with the Spring 2.

With ‘Mississippi Queen’ by Mountain, this piece of classic rock sounds good enough to be featured in a film soundtrack – which indeed it has already been – with a powerful, hard-hitting crunch to the guitars and that clatter and impact on the drums.

Having said that, ‘Basket Case’ by Green Day is similar, except I found the guitars and cymbals on this one to be slightly fatiguing, although that can be dependent on so many factors, so it’s not necessarily going to affect others in the same way.

Also, on the fairly warm and congested sounding Summer ’79 by The Ataris, a bit more separation and space would have been ideal, but at this price point I don’t think that’s something that I’d really fault the Spring 2 for, especially given the quality of the timbre mids as a whole that are on offer here. Besides that, the tonality is spot-on here.
Tone-wise, I feel the Spring 2 really shines with rock music, especially classic and more analogue style tracks.

Overall, I’d describe the mids as being relatively neutral and quite vivid, especially with a bit more brightness coming through in what I hear as being the slightly forward upper mids.
The sound is quite saturated and rich. Both male and female vocals are smooth, with good timbre and a well-judged presence in the mix without being forward.

Treble:
The treble on the Spring 2 is fairly bright with a bit of a roll-off. It creates just enough air and spaciousness to stop those rich and saturated mids from becoming congested, whilst avoiding excessive peakiness and frequent fatigue. It doesn’t extend for miles or bring a gasp at the vast soundstage, but it is well-executed and carefully tuned.

Technical performance:
Overall, I came away impressed with the technical performance of the Spring 2.
I felt it handled dynamics really well and was comparatively very detailed and engaging on both a macro and micro level. Listening to ‘Sultans of Swing” by Dire Straits, as it reaches THAT guitar solo and all the other instruments are simultaneously going for it, I was struck by how cohesive, dynamic and detailed the Spring 2 sounded.
All the instruments could be clearly distinguished and there was a beautiful shimmer to the higher percussion and the backing instruments.

Conclusion:

It’s my first time hearing a product from BQEZ and I’ve come away quite impressed. It’s got a fine technical performance that belies its price point, a low end that combines impact with accuracy, rich mids that surprised me with the faithfulness of their timbre and just a touch of air, sparkle and shimmer to top it all off.
Add to all that the excellent cable and overall package and I can only conclude that I’m very happy to recommend the Spring 2.

Thanks again to Elle and BQEZ. Keep up the great work.
And thanks to you all for reading, if you’ve valiantly soldiered on this far :)
Last edited:
NymPHONOmaniac
NymPHONOmaniac
Best IEM from BQEYZ imo If you wanna had bass and treble, pull off the nozzle filter!
C
Codename john
I am listening to the 1st Bqezy Spring as I write this .. Forgot how good they sound. Not the best technically but a hell a lot of fun to listen to 😎

Comments

There are no comments to display.