1. HardstyleLoco96
    Audiosense T800. A hidden gem with attitude.
    Written by HardstyleLoco96
    Published Sep 20, 2019
    Pros - High end performance for very low price of 300 USD.
    Fun, energetic yet crystal clear sound signature.
    Amazing detail, clarity and resolution.
    Deep, tight, punchy low end.
    Great extension on both lows and treble.
    Extremely detailed treble.
    Smooth, highly detailed mids. Male and female vocals sound great.
    Great soundstage and instrument separation.
    Great fit/build.
    Carry case.
    Cons - Mids are slightly recessed, but that is me nit picking.
    Extremely eartip, fit, source, cable dependent.
    Can be treble harsh or low end boomy/bloated with incorrect fit, tips, source, cable.
    More source picky than a Etymotic Er4 SR/XR.
    Be ready to tip roll or try different sources.
    In this mini review/impressions I won't be posting any images as there is many of the T800 online and on the thread.

I have owned the T800 for more than a month now and it honestly was a blind buy as I did not get a chance to test them before purchasing. I have used the T800 with stock SPC cable and stock copper cable with stock eartips. I had no issues with the T800 but I could understand what some issues with treble could be after listening to them for more than a week. I enjoyed how the T800 sounded like with stock SPC cable and stock eartips. But I felt that the iem could give much more even though it was peforming amazingly well and seriously justified it's asking price of 300 USD as I felt it could be worth more. I decided to try multiple eartips and have set for JVC Spiral dots. I also changed the stock cable and got myself a ISN S16 SPC cable.

I will also do small slight comparisons between my Oriveti New Primacy and Beyerdynamic Xelento.

Keep in mind this review has been done with the T800 using JVC spiral dots and an ISN S16 cable. If further questions, please feel free to PM me, I'd be more than happy to answer further questions :).

The more I have listened with the JVC Spiral dots, the more I like them. With stock eartips. I definitely was hearing and feeling more low end. But separation of instruments to me was taking a hit. It's still was very good, but the low end seems to blur out air that instruments needed. The JVC spiral dots fix that, by giving more air, more instrument separation and a slightly bigger soundstage. Height is more improved than width of the stage. The treble is actually much smoother, but I don't feel like there is roll off, just tamed but I feel I may be hearing a bit more treble detail. The mids seem more upfront due to the treble and lows going down a bit, so it's sounding slightly more U shaped. But now what the JVC give is air and more space for all frequencies to breathe. It's still very coherent, but lows I actually can focus on separately and same with mids and treble. This gives me now the actual chance to really pick out nuances and micro detail that I havent heard before. At first I thought stock had slightly more clarity and detail but that was due to everything sounding upfront. Trying a copper cable with the T800 and JVC gave the low end a boost but it felt to slightly dark or slightly muffled by the lows. The ISN S16 is probably the smoothest SPC cable I have heard to date while still retaining clarity, resolution and great low end, but keeping everything nicely balanced which I feel pairs perfectly with the T800, but the ISN S16 is a massive cable, a snake of a cable. I still am open to trying new eartips, but from experience, the T800 are extremely source, tip, cable and fit dependent. On some sources, my Oriveti New Primacy and Xelento felt like they had slightly more detail in the mids while the T800 was a booming mess. On some other sources I had tried, the T800 outclassed and blew the ONP and Xelento out of the water, no competition at all. Testing the same eartips on all 3, the JVC Spiral dots sound the best with the T800 while the stock eartips of the T800 actually sound best on the ONP and the eartips of the Xelento, well they fit best on Xelento haha. But what I am trying to say is that with the T800, it is best to know your source and have eartips at hand. Many buyers of the T800 have first judged the T800 and ended up not liking them, found treble to harsh, found lows lacking or just way too much. But after a few changes, here we are loving them and some that found treble harsh and used a copper cable have gone back to SPC and love the T800 even better. I for one, have found my end game, the T800 have honestly blew my mind with how good they are. I do wish mids could be slightly more forward, but I am happy and the clarity and detail has impressed me a huge huge hugeeee lot and it's just a slight nit pick. But I would simply not spend $1500 Aud or more just for a small improvement in sound quality. Re listening and doing some further testing has proved to me how special the T800 truly is, but how picky it is with sources and cables. It's even so picky that if you push the eartips to far on the nozzle it will effect how they sound drastically. Someone on the comments on the Audiosense thread has posted of cutting a small lip of a eartip stem and adding it to the T800 nozzle. Kudos to that person because it works like a charm. But yes, the T800 can be a pain in the butt and we are sometimes left wanting more from it, or less.... But with the right source, eartips, cable and fit. It's a heavenly amazing IEM.

The real con I can truly give is how picky it is of the source used. You'd expect a thousand dollar DAC/AMP would do the trick right?
    Chord Hugo yeah? No no no, I did not like how it sounded at all, with other IEMS and heaphones it's amazing but with the T800, I did not like it. The lows were just to much for my liking, it muddied the lows to my ears. Yes detail and clarity, mids and treble were wow. But the lows were for the first time bleeding into the mids and at times, it was just a no no. So please be prepared if you do decide to purchase the T800. It is a bit of a risk take, but my oh my. It's a freaking gem of an iem once all goes right.

Audiosense T800
    Source: Samsung Galaxy S9, Poweramp paired with Tempotec Sonata IDSD Plus

Eartips: JVC Spiral dots ML

Cable: ISN Audio S16

Semi Pros/Cons.
    Nice stock cables, but can be improved.
    Carry case is nice, but it's huge, not protable to put in pocket. More transportable to put in a bag.
    Cable can have an effect on tonality.

The T800 is truly a gem and seriously shows how good Chi Fi is progressing. I know that the read wasn't really a review but I just wish more people could know about this IEM. To all buyers that have the T800 and have small battles or issues with it. Please don't give up on it, many head fiers including me would be glad to give you tips or ideas how to sort these small issues out. Feel free to ask on the Audiosense thread or me for further questions about the T800. :)

For once and finally. After years of looking for an iem that ticks all the boxes for me. I have finally found it. The T800. My endgame.

Update:
    From using JVC Spiral Dots ML, I switched to Large. What a difference it actually made. It brought up the low end a bit or added more impact but still less than stock which is a good thing as stock can be too much. This is the perfect amount and the kick is amazing. Mids are crystal clear, sounding slightly more forward than the ML JVC tips. Treble has gained I bit more sparkle/energy while still being smooth. Fit is much better now with the Large JVC eartips compared to ML. The T800 just got even better. Wow.
      dibmehm, Luis1316 and SoundChoice like this.
    1. ivannnn
      I only have Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 as my source. Do you think it is powerful enough enough to drive these?
      ivannnn, Sep 21, 2019
    2. baskingshark
      Hi @ivannnn I don't have the Xiaomi Redmi but I have a very lowend android (samsung galaxy J1 Ace) and it can drive the T800 well enough. But T800 scales better (for soundstage, details, clarity, instrument separation) with a better DAC/AMP/DAP. So it probably won't be doing justice to the T800 with a lowend source.
      baskingshark, Sep 26, 2019
      ivannnn likes this.
  2. bahirtaha
    Totally Great Package
    Written by bahirtaha
    Published Aug 24, 2019
    Pros - Natural, bright, crispy, Clear sound

Great Bass for BA set

Build Quality way above price range

Really loud and no hiss
    Cons - Relax sound lovers should stay away.
    I bought Audiosense T800 from AliExpress Audiosense Shop. Seller is great. Very helpful and try to make her best.

Build Quality:

T800's built Quality is almost perfect. Created from resin shell. It's solid and feels really good.
    Shell is transparant and you can see the BA drivers inside.
    Mmcx connectors fine.
    Also she send me a 8 Core OCC cable and it's really decent.

Fit and Comfort :

Perfect for my ears. T800 doesn't have sharp corners. Feels comfortable. Isolation is also nice. Shell of T800 like semi custom iems and firmly stands in ear.

Package:

Seller send me 2 great cable. Also water resistent case is very good and solid.In addition cleaning brush and foams makes package more rich.

Sound Quality :

Most important part is here. I tested T800 with FİİO X5III which dark and warm sounding DAP.
    I can say T800 is bright and natural iem. Very detailed, crisp and clear. Not warm or relax iem. T800 have a lot of bass and highs. Also mids very detailed and fully. I think mids section is very consistent. Totally satisfy your expectations.

Bass:

Bass is impactful, fast and has a good resolution. Not overdone. Mid bass and kicks are punchy and impactful also Good Quality and resolution. Bass is very good and can goes deep. I can compere it with Ibasso it03 which has huge bass response iem. It03 has more bass quantity and deeper because of dynamic driver but when you look clarity and mid bleeding T800 smashs it03. Totally I am very happy about T800's bass performance.

Mids: T800 have clear mids, not very meaty or thin. On the optimum side. Satisfy your expectations. Vocals clear on both man and woman and not goes to sibilance. Transparacany is very good for price range

Highs : Airy and detailed althrough X5III's recessed highs. Not goes to sibilance, sounds and instruments very realistic and musical.

Staging: Good by price, wide and deep. İnstrument seperation benefit from wide stage on t800. Bass can goes Deep and make more musical sound. Also no hissing. P90824-183634.jpg P90824-183504.jpg P90824-183540.jpg

In a Nutshell: If you have a warm source and looking for something bang for buck T800 can take first place. T800 make everything good and musical. Totally Mature Package.
    1. imnewtothisschiit
      Will these IEM's be bottlenecked by the FiiO M9? From what I've read on the internet these IEM's prefer sources with impedance closer to 0, the FİİO X5III you used to test them have an impedance of 3oms and the M9 of 2. I have no idea which one sounds warmer or fits the T800's better. It would be really really really really awesome if someone who has the M9 could test how the T800's sound when they are plugged into it, or at least assure me that the sound quality will be worth the 300$. :)
      imnewtothisschiit, Sep 5, 2019
    2. bahirtaha
      I didnt use m9 but i know its more natural than X5IIIs warm and smooth sound. X5 make T800 more bearable because of soft presentation. T800 is Sharp, bright and excellent clear sounding iem with great bass response and stage. But bright and detailed sound brings sharpnes also so you should match it with soft daps.
      bahirtaha, Sep 5, 2019
      imnewtothisschiit likes this.
  3. NymPHONOmaniac
    I find my Miracle and it have 8 knowles BA's in it
    Written by NymPHONOmaniac
    Published Oct 2, 2019
    Pros - Fully covered dynamic range with no important dips or peaks, Balanced and weighty tonalities, energic thumping bass, extremely rich mid range without sibilance, thick and soft timbre, excellent imaging, around your head soundstage, fast attack-decay, revealing yet natural sound, cohesive spectacular musicality, low impendance=quite easy to drive, sturdy construction, good accessories, excellent price value.
    Cons - low impendance=sensible to audio source impendance, big housing=will not fit every ears, very fit dependant to achieve the best sound
    AUDIOSENSE T800 REVIEW :
    P1040037.JPG

SOUND: 9.5/10
    CONSTRUCTION: 9.5/10
    DESIGN: 8.5/10
    ACCESSORIES: 9/10
    VALUE: 10/10

AUDIOSENSE T800 is the flagship multi balanced armature uiem from the wonderfull T serie of AS chinese company that include single BA T180, Dual BA’S T260 and triple BA’s T300. All T serie earphones use original Knowles balanced armatures. If you have ever listen to the T180, you know how refined and wide dynamic range sound a single Knowles BA can achieve.

Now, let’s imagine you put 8 of them and carefully tuned them in a big resin housing : this is what you get with T800, and well, it’s sincerly mind blowing.

Now, let’s say this high end implementation, wich can be comparable with top high end iem, sell at the price of budget mid-fi iem : this is what you get with T800 too, an affordable 300$ price that worth the investment even from poor audiophile like me that count every pennies he got in its pocket.

P1040044.JPG

I have try and own multiple high end earphones, from 300$ to 2000$, none of them give me this immediate wow effect, and if they does like the Campfire Polaris, my ears get tired of the tricks and finally discover annoying imperfection in frequencies peaks, timbre or treble. Not so with the T800, wich in fact just continuously impress my ears by the supreme dynamic it have as well as revealing, lively and rich sound.

When they don’t impress me, either its due to bad recording, bad source pairing or bad eartips fitting, wich in my opinion underline the only slittle drawback : fit issue due to big bulbous housing. We will talk more about this later in this review because its a complex subject, this fitting issue will sure not occur to everybody as well.

So, let me begin by saying i wait a long time before receiving this earphones, my expectation became even bigger than T800 housing, i was expecting never seen audio value and to my sincere surprise it surpass this because I was still thinking some tuning issue will occur with so much drivers in there, but nope, not harsh peaks, no distortion, no congestion, just a whole immense cohesive sound experience with the lush Knowles timbre.

I mean, did anybody ever been surrounded by 8 pairs of speakers? Here, its more like 8 pairs of small satellites speakers all place perfectly around your head, and they have rich warm timbre and naturally extended treble. And they fit in the smallest pocket.

I suggest you to buy the Audiosense T800 directly from the company official Aliexpress store HERE

DISCLAIMER : Unlike lot of reviews sample I receive, for the Audiosense I throw some money….a big 30$,okay, its 10 times less expensive but this is to say I choose Audiosense and approach them myself, this review is not some random earphones fall from desperate chinese company or seller, its rational choice. As well this contact approach permit me to deal 100$ discount for 10 lucky audiophile, and believe me : they are happy consumers as well. All this to say, i’m fully independant to share my toughs as Audiosense already know. And as always with sub-500$ audio gear, my obsession about price value will be extremely sincere here.

INFO & SPECS:
    • Line Length: 1.25m
    • Support APP: No
    • Silicon tips Diameter: 4.0mm-4.3mm
    • Foam tips Diameter: 4.3mm-4.9mm
    3D Printing/ Skin-Friendly resin shell/ 8 Knowles BA per ear/ 8-Way/ Trible Tube system/ Custom Pannel/MMCX detachable cable The T800's with Knowles (SWFK+HODVTEC+4 customized complex balanced armature )=8BA deliver smooth, translucent and more sonic details.

ACCESSORIES, CONSTRUCTION & DESIGN :
    P1030401.JPG P1040046.JPG

UNBOXING is more likely to be the one of a pelican-like carrying case stock with all the T800 goodies wich include 2 excellent cable, one being a 4cores SPC mmcx braided cable and the other one being an high end OCC 8 cores cable. The protective case is of great quality and have enough space to fit more than just the T800 and its 2 cables. Accessories include a cleaning brush and generous amount of silicone eartips and memory foams eartips (that I don’t use). All in all, you get premium accessories that even higher priced earphones do not care to include, especially in term of case and cable quality.
    P1040370.JPG P1040372.JPG P1040373.JPG P1040375.JPG

CONSTRUCTION is again very impressive and on par with highest expectation one could have for a 300$ earphones pair. Housing is exquisitly crated, using 3D print technologie as well as special bio-adaptative resin material that is extremely smooth and well polish. You can see all drivers in the body easily, wich is candy for they eyes, as well, the back have a carbon fibre plate embended in resin that change aspect with light reflect. On this plate you have the AS logo on the left and Audiosense one the right, both made of metal lettering wich again proof high level to details in construction. The mmcx female connector is perfectly fitted in housing without free space and give very tigh and secure connection, at its left side you have a small venting hole.

P1040376.JPG P1040039.JPG

The choice of cable isn’t let to hasard too, and explain why Audiosense change the 8cores silver plated one for a 8cores OCC full copper, after multiple testing, they find the OCC to work better by giving more natural timbre and more controled treble than the silver plated one.

P1040382.JPG

DESIGN is well thinked with an organic and custom like shape, enough long nozzle and well, a very chunky body as we can expect with a 8 balanced armature uiem. Sure, the housing is big with its near 2cm long x 1 to 1.5cm thick body, but only people with small ears will find this problematic. The most important thing is to find the right eartips that make a good secure seal and permit the sound to expand freely. This isn’t as simple as it look, unlike most earphones that you tend to push deeper, the T800 do not really need the same type of fitting that will affect bass performance with other iem because the bass came from balanced armature.

I play with alot of eartips, wide bore one being the best I find, but if i push it too deep the soundstage became narrow and treble more fowards, wich affect spacious imaging. Eartips included have too small hole and affect badly the sound too, memory foam tame the bass. KZ starline are good but put nozzle end too far from ear, wich make the sound little darker. I really suggest you to find by yourself the eartips that will take full advantage of T800 incredible sound potential.

P1040381.JPG

ISOLATION is excellent, deeper you push the nozzle, more it will block outside noise. T800 is one of the more intense passive noise isolation iem I have. As well, if their nise leakage, only a cat or a bat will find it annoying.

P1040379.JPG

DRIVEABILITY is at the same time super easy and super complicate in the sens these have very low impendance AND sensitivity. Some audio source with too high impendance will create hissing or distortion or affect negatively the sound balance, my phone do this as well as my Tempotec V1A. I’m not sure to understand exactly what aspect of audio source affect balanced armature drivers performance, but the best sinergy I have is with my Ibasso DX90 that sound crystal clear and have 0.1 impendance and 118 signal-to-noise ratio. So here it is more about clarity of signal with low distortion and black background noise floor possible. T800 are flagship audiophile earphones that need audiophile gear to shine, it need reference DAP or DAC-AMP to be driven perfectly.

SOUND:

P1040367.JPG

OVERALL SOUND IMPRESSIONS
    wasn’t the type of soundsignature one could imagine coming from 8 balanced armature, nope, it isn’t razor sharp analytical sounding, its extremely revealing but in a natural acoustic cohesion that have thick instrument timbre, very weighty bass, organic transient response and extremely accurate imaging that never sound artificial or forced and will impress as much the serious critical listener than the passive one waiting for specific frequencies range pushed foward. In fact everything is gently pushed fowards with the T800, but all in separate way only this numbers of good quality BA’s can offer, this sens of frequencies response tend to highlight singularity of every isntruments and sounds palying togheter, avoiding them to mix up in a messed way but avoiding too making them sound artificial as we can find with some multi BA’s that choose a too bright tonality.

Now, when you will listen to complex music with lot of instrument, like a violin concerto with harpsichord far in the back, at first you will be impress by how clear orchestra sound, but this fascination will expend when you will be able to extract every violonist from the crownd and concentrate to its playing and the timbre of its instruments. Every instrument is treat with same effortless presence, wich make the T800 very neutral in its approach, okay, perhaps your afraid it will sound boring? Don’t be afraid cause the bass is very thumping and full sounding as well! In fact, I adore listening to IDM with these too, the bass is beefy and fast, mid bass is more muscular than sub bass but lower end dig as deep as most dynamic iem too. Most admit I never tough balanced armature can dig that much bass, wich make me question about what I read about Knowles BA 50hz limit.

Yes, the Audiosense T800 surpass the high promise of its serious price range and can compete with way highly priced earphones, they offer an incredibly well articulate sound, with rich tonalities, natural timbre, fast weighty attack and a sens of layering from high end audio league.

P1040369.JPG

SOUNDSTAGE is out of your head, holographic, with a spherical sens of tallness, widness and deepnest. Spaciality is really well done and more similar to great full-size closed-back headphones than earphones.

IMAGING is utterly fascinating due to it’s multi-layered clarity that offer pristine accuracy to instrument separation. Whatever the numbers of instruments playing togheter, they will still keep their individual space with good distance from each other. Only bass can gently warm lower mid instrument, wich give even more sens of naturalness to whole imaging cohesion. What is very enjoyable to me is the fact the instrument separation neither feel clinical or overly analytical, as their no drop in frequencies range instrument sound balanced all togheter and not just emphased to deliver highs micro details often found with iem trying to mimic a sens of sharp imaging.

BASS is positively oversized for a balanced armature based iem, its thick, weighty, have authoritative slam and fast thumping energic presentation that add a fun side to overall balanced and neutral presentation that will follow with mid range and highs. Its the bassiest full BA’s iem I own, without being immaturely tuned for basshead. Lower end extend well but do not have a particularly textured timbre to help separation with mid bass, wich make it mix togheter and gain in body and slam weight but not in transparency and tonal accuracy. Mid bass is more emphased than sub bass and overshadow it a little, I would have prefer a more linear bass response so when kick and bass line play togheter it have same level of clear separation than mids and highs. Still, thick mix of lower and mid bass only occur with specific music, like electronic using lot of digital instrument, when its acoustic instrument the kick will have good separation with bass line that will be in background, clean of any 100hz thickness.

MID RANGE is a vast revealing one with the T800 as every note of every instrument in this range sound full,rich, weighty and naturaly textured without ever struggling to gain presence. Timbre is impressively thick from lower to high mids wich give as much liveliness to male or female vocals than piano or violin. This is how we know we are into a well tuned multi drivers acoustic territory when a cohesion of rich diverse musicality mix togheter naturally and make you immerse into a complex tonals and timbre balance. Yes, mid range is as much lush than vivid. With most earphones, it feel like there only one spotligh over a specific frequencies range, especially the one that will enlight the vocal, with T800 its like having multiple spotlight that let nothing in the dark, so you can enjoy any instrument with the same amount of timbre fullness and tonal accuracy wich is phenomenal for concerto, symphonies, complex jazz, rock, folk music. In fact T800 can deal with any music style and deliver a full presentation of any instruments. Nothing feel forced in mid range, yet everything have lively presence. You will neither find sibilance or grainy overemphased texture in this range, its quite smooth in fact even if weighty and fulld bodied.

TREBLE is on line with all rest of spectrum, and I can even say it tame a little with long burn in time I give because at first the percussions was more fowards and less well balanced than right now (no joke and no brain burn in). Again, we have revealing highs and important amount of microdetails, but they stay at the back when they need too and will sound ultra crisp and well define when the music highlight them. The attack-decay is fast and will render good realist resonance when the classical guitar is played in a hall, not in a miced studio, here it will be mroe about texture. The T800 deliver the recording as it is, it only had extra sens of spaciality, weight and clarity, as well, again, high range timbre is very rich, never dry or metallic wich give harpsichord a less light and resonant approach wich destabilize me at fisrt until I discover I hear more accurately counterpoint motifs of bach compositions. In other words, T800 is barely analytical, but as it do not have a clinical or cold approach to its extremely revealing sound rendering, the musical cohesion, smooth timbre and lack of harsh peaks make you forget about how revaling they really are.

SUB BASS : 8/10
    ATTACK-DECAY : 8.5/10
    IMAGING : 9.5/10
    SOUNDSTAGE : 9/10

RANDOM TRACKS TESTING :

HILARY HAHN ‘’J.S. Bach: Partita for Violin Solo No. 1 in B Minor, BWV 1002 ‘’

Transient response is phenomenal with the T800, wich every hit of bows show whatever the range or speed its played. Violin sound full, and have realist controled resonance after each strokes. Timbre isn’t too grainy, bright or textured, we do not hear microscopic details of it, but it feel vaster and more alive. Sound projection is inject with soul and sens of spacial presence that breath air instead of stoling it. It’s hard to explain, but I feel solo instrument test is important with a multi drivers to know how well its tuned and the T800 show perfect cohesion; smooth, thick, buttery, refined cohesion wich tend towards musicality enjoyment over analytical colouration. With the T800, silence is full of air and instrument note breathe this air to fullfill every note with sens of tactile weight and space.

AGNES OBEL ‘’The curse’’

The minimal instrumental appear with authority in clean vast black background, every plucking note of cello and violin are ultra clean, accurate with tigh weighty attack-decay and subtle realist texture. When the violin stroke line begin, its transparent and extremely well layered, take the front seat as it should and have an appealing fullness in timbre. When Agnes Obel voice appear, while it struggle all your attention, it do not feel too fowarded unlike some iem that make instrumental sound very far in the background here everything mix as if we where in the studio with signers and musician. Voice is well centered, fully transparent and thick in timbre, no tonal disbalance, slightly organic and extremely clear. When cello line play, it have lot of body to it, but not in a sloppy too bassy way as it could happen with inferior iem. When everything play togheter, piano, violin, cello and voice, the level of accuracy is mystifying because ever instrument keep their weight and fullness without mixing in a too opaque way that will affect imaging. Yes, listening to Agnes Obel with T800 is surely a superior musical extase than going to her concert. Mesmerizing.

AUTORYNO ‘’Greifswald’’

Again, what an enjoyable and rewarding listen! This isn’t easy rock music to deal with and the T800 take it to a next level of excitment. It can deal accurately with whatever type of electric guitar timbre you throw at it. Snar, guitar and bass line are full of attack and weight, with percussion staying in the background and never sounding false or splashy. Solo guitar line are superb, not too abrasive they aren’t sound shouty or overly agressive, again, they do not feel to pushed fowards and stay in line with reste of instrument. Bass line are very thick and weighty and stole a little place to the drum with their more opaque presence, but this make it for a very exciting and lively listen. I mean, we wanna heard the bass line perfectly and T800 deliver just that. Percussions take right and left side of audio spectrum, giving a sens of spacial accuracy. Speed of BA’s drivers is fully exploit here, and extremely impressive as we can hear when complex mix of texture, percussions, bass and plucked electric guitar note play togheter with intense bravado. Sure, some would like electric guitar to have more teeth and brightness, but this would make the listen very agressive, what T800 succed is to offer extremely muscular and lively musicality without making it sound too harsh or peaky. Incredibly enjoyable listen.

COMPARAISONS :

VS FINAL AUDIO B2 (300$) :
    P1040281ddddd.JPG

Now, well, even if I feel its an unfair fight both of this iem are priced the same, so, hum, yeah, the T800 score 8 Knowles BA’s in its chunky body and yes, it’s an unfair fight even if I sincerly think the B2 have the best single BA I ever heard. Anyway, the T800 are less comfortable and you struggle more to find a good fit too, wich is of first importance to be rewarded by its incredible sound. In other hand, the 8cores cable included is of better quality than the basic one included with the B2. I’m not sure the T800 will have as long durability than B2 too, one thing sure, it will be way more complex to repair!

Well, the sound, I mean, T800 are my favorite sub-1000$ iem right now so what do you expect? SOUNDSTAGE is more out of your head, with an holographic spaciality that surround you while the B2 feel very intimate and average wide compared to this giant spherical soundstage of T800. IMAGING is razor sharp with T800, its really like being in the middle of 8.1 surround system and there way more space between instruments than B2, with T800 every instrument have their own space and singularity, while with the B2 they can feel compressed togheter and lacking air.
    BASS is thicker, weightier, have good slam and chunky body, its faster and tigher but have less transparence than dryier B2 wich have softer attack and less good separation in low end. MID RANGE is just a hint brighter wich give better attack-decay and more definition as well as way better imaging than more relaxed B2 that have smoother timbre that make it less agressive and perhaps a little more natural in timbre and balance. TREBLE is more energic and fowarded with the T800, so you have plenty more micro details especially in upper range, highs are more sparkly with better definition than more laid back B2 wich sound more neutral than W shaped T800. All in all, as said, it was an unfair fight and the T800 sure sound more spectacular, vivid and lively than more laid back , intimate and natural sounding B2.

VS FINAL AUDIO B3 (500$) :
    P1030262.JPG

Now, well, this new budget flagship earphones have 8 Knowles Balanced armature in its big resin shell, is it a fair fight against 2 BA’s of the Final Audio B3? Priced at 500$, B3 is neat twice the price of T800, but tuning work is sure from another level and let’s see why in this comparaison.

Firstly, T800 even with 4 times more BA’s is easier to drive than the B3, but this make him more prompt from background hissing with bad pairing audio source, in another hand, the B3 benifit from powerfull source to open its overall sound.
    In term of construction, both are mindblowing and well, quite different, resin housing have the advantage of not becaming cold in winter, while the stailess steel housing of B3 have the advantage of being way smaller and comfortable as well as practical for futur repair if needed because of 2 part screwed housing concept. The T800 will not fit every ears, this is an unfortunate fact, while the B3 will fit even the smaller ones.

SOUNDSTAGE is wider with the B3, but the T800 is taller in deeper even if less out of your head and airy.

IMAGING of both is quite incredible, and even if B3 win in term of cohesion and realism it is less analytical and sharp in instrument separation than the T800. In real life, the soundwave mix togheter on the stage, but if every instrument have their own spaekrs, we have something more revealing and fowards, like the T800.
    BASS have more slam and weight with T800, its more fowards too, but loose in timbre as well as definition being sometime boomy in lower end where B3 is more accurate. B3 is smoother in attack, notably less coloured in sub region, wich make it way more neutral in low end than muscular and fun oriented T800. In some sens, B3 sound like a well balanced slightly bright single dynamic driver compared to super muscular bass Knowles Bas used for T800. For acoustic music, B3 bass is more appropriate, while T800 is delicious with well produced electronic and Pop.
    MID RANGE is again very foward and clear with the T800, but it have more a balanced armature than B3 and lack a bit of thickness in timbre, here I seriously find the B3 from another league even if the vocal do not feel as singular and appart from rest of sound spectrum as T800. Male or Female vocal soud full, natural and textured, they have more body than T800 wich feel dry and slightly harsher in upper mids. T800 is more capricious about vocal, more their will be instrument, more the mid range transient response will be affected to some degree. Cohesion is perhaps warmer and less vivid with B3, but tonality and timbre is better. For example, piano note have more well rounded not and sound right compared to more artificial sounding one of T800.

TREBLE is more peaky with the T800, wich sure extract more micro details but have less balanced highs wich can sometime make the percussions being too fowarded and stole the whole show, again, sometime this is very pleasant and spectacular but the softer and more natural treble of B3 will never create ear fatigue like the T800. Final Audio tuner are genius about treble, they do not want to over emphasis any region and in fact the treble help more the mid range richness and accuracy than upper highs, wich are rarely fowarded (with the exception of F serie). Even if more analytical than E5000, they sound quite laid back in treble compared to T800. While attack is softer in upper range, decay is longer and I think its due to housing space being fullfill by BA’s with T800.

VS VSONIC VS9 (300$) :

P1040377.JPG

Here, let’s see how a great single 11mm dynamic driver from Vsonic can compete against 8 great balanced armature. The result might be surprising cause VS9 sound incredibly revealing and balanced.
    Now, for construction, I give the hand to T800 with is invincible resin body, but in term of comfort the VS9 is smaller and fit perfectly my ears, wich isn’tthe case with big chunky T800.

SOUNDSTAGE is slightly wider with the VS9 but lack the holographic spaciality of T800 as well as its deepnest and tallnest. IMAGING is more precise and dynamic with the T800, instrument separation have more space between them. BASS is weightier and more chunky-thicker with the T800, while the VS9 have better control and more balanced lower end with better transparency but less thumping impact, i think T800 bass is more boomier as well. MID RANGE is more detailed and richer with the T800 but have more recessed vocal especially when big bass occur, wich do not happen with the VS9 that have some upper mids emphasis that can sometime create near audible sibilance but tend to make femal vocal lusher than T800, still, mid range is more rich in layers with T800 wich make him more revealing with multiple instrument playing at same time, compared to the VS9 that willmix them togheter, T800 willkeep them all alive in their singularities. TREBLE is more extended with T800, giving more highs sparkle, more micro details, clearer percussions that can sometime can feel to fowards whileVS9 have a touch more natural cohesion but darker treble comapred to vivid T800.

All in all, this was rather a fair fight, both advantage and disadvantage of dynamic vs BA being shown, still, the VS9 sound less spectacular and immersive than T800.

VS UFOEAR UFO-112 (360$) :

P1040378.JPG

The UFO is a 1DD+2BA’s hybrid from a new chinese company that is quite audacious with their sci-fi design but as well with their no so affordable price. Construction is quite underwhelming for this price range, just a full plastic housing one would expect from a 50$ iem. The cable is a nice 8cores SPC, really similar to the one included with the BQEYZ Spring1, but that cannot compete with top notch construction of T800 that have high quality resin body as well as a nice 8cores OCC cable. Again, no surprise, the fit is more natural with UFO and will not encounter perfect sealing research as I have with T800 to get the most out if it.

Now, for the SOUND, well, let’s say the UFO is K.O in every aspect. SOUNDSTAGE is more intimate, less wide but about same deepnest. IMAGING is more about upper range and lack precision and definition in mid range compared to extremely accurate T800. BASS is thinner in lower end with UFO, have less body in mid bass but fowards punch, T800 is thicker, fuller sounding but less textured and dryish. MID RANGE is more recessed with UFO as well as brighter, thinner and more artificial sounding than more present, wider, lusher and more bodied mids from T800, vocal lack body with the UFO wich make them lifeless compared to superb T800 that show what it can do when big bass do not occur. TREBLE is more coloured and peaky with the UFO, wich do noit mean it dig more microdetails, just that highs have more decay wich can benifit classical guitar but only in solo if you want it to sound right, otherwise it sound unbalanced opposite to full treble coverage of T800.

All in all, UFO is overpriced while T800 is underpriced.

CONCLUSION :

P1040385.JPG

Writing this review was hard, because every time I begin to listen to Audiosense T800 I just let myself go into music and forget about taking notes of sound observation. I just non-stop selfishely enjoy the sound of T800 everyday since about 2 months, and these are the only iem in years that make me rediscover my whole music collection. I say to myself : don’t be too hysterical with this review, stay cold blooded, try to find some negative aspect as well. Now I regret not praising them with hysteric happyness because this is how I feel : sincerly blown away and admirative toward the spectacular sound delivered by T800.

Audiosense create nothing less than a revolutionary budget multi-BA’s flagship earphones with the T800. Why I say it’s budget at 300$? Because for once we can say an iem can really surpass lot of sub-1000$ earphones and even pricier one. The T800 is END GAME high end earphones and surely represent the best investment for any budget audiophile right there, the sound benifit return is exceptional. As any high end earphones, they are a little capricious about how to drive them properly, but the fact they are easy to drive is a big plus as well. Most of all, unlike lot of other TOTL iem, the T800 can deal beautifully with any music style, the only concern to have is the quality of recording, because T800 potential is fully exploit with pristine mastering.

If like me you search for years and years to find the greatest value earphones ever made and feel lot of time underwhelmed by sub-500$ iem sound value investment, the Audiosense T800 is a miracle come true and worth every pennies invested. Audiosense have rightly tuned 8 knowles balanced armatures to offer an immense sound experience that do not let in shadow the energy of bass, mids and highs and deliver a dense and accurate imaging with full natural timbre, sharp layerings, fast attack and crisp treble.

The T800 is a game changer in Chi-Fi world and we aren’t finish to heard about Audiosense company.

PS: For more reviews and impressions (and discoveries) of diversify audio products, give a look at my website HERE
      ephrank, cqtek, eclein and 5 others like this.
  4. baskingshark
    Audiosense T800: I have found my endgame IEM
    Written by baskingshark
    Published Jul 18, 2019
    Pros - Incredibly detailed, great instrument separation/layering
    Excellent bass for a pure BA setup, almost sounds like a DD bass
    Light, ergonomic, good build
    Great price for 8 Knowles drivers
    Great for critical listening, stage monitoring and casual listening
    Versatile, suitable for most music genres
    Good isolation
    Great accessories, especially the waterproof huge Pelican like hardcase
    Cons - Some may find the treble harsh/silibant/fatiguing (especially for treble sensitive folks). But there are ways to tame the treble (see below).
    Would have liked a bit more midbass, but that is just nitpicking
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 23.29.11.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 23.29.13 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 23.29.13.jpeg

Disclaimer #1:

I bought this IEM from the audiosense official store on aliexpress at my own expense. I'm not affiliated to any company.

Disclaimer #2:

I have not bought any audiogear > $500 USD or heard any TOTL IEM. So this mid range CHIFI IEM is the best I have heard in my budding audiophile journey. So for those who have TOTL stuff, take my opinion with a pinch of salt. But I'm coming from the direction of someone who is from the budget to midfi segment, so it might resonate with this bunch of consumers.

Introduction:
    I was in the market for a set of balanced and detailed but fun sounding IEMs, suitable for critical listening, stage monitoring and casual listening. So I stumbled upon the Audiosense thread started by FastAndClean and saw great reviews for this IEM. As you know, CHIFI has caught up with their western counterparts in the IEM world in the past few years, and provided affordable and decent sounding audio gear at cheap prices, but what surprised me was that this was a pure 8 BA Knowles driver IEM retailing at $298 USD. As far as I am aware, a large proportion of CHIFI don't use original Knowles drivers but drivers such as Bellsing drivers, which are cheaper. And I have not seen any IEM containing 8 pure Knowles drivers at this pricing before. So I took the plunge to buy this, and can honestly say it exceeded my expectations.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 21.33.55.jpeg

Specifications:
    - Driver: 8 Balanced Armatures (Knowles)
    - Sensitivity: 90dB
    - Cable: MMCX detachable cable
    - Frequency response: 5 - 22kHz
    - Impedence: 9.2Ω
    - Weight of 1 earbud: 6.3g

Accessories:
    In addition to the IEM, it comes with:
    - a pelican like hard case (huge enough to fit DAPs and other stuff with space to spare). Audiosense claims it is waterproof but I haven't tested it.
    - a brush
    - 3 pairs of silicone tips (S/M/L)
    - 3 pairs of foam tips (S/M/L)
    - 1 spare copper/silver mixed cable (Free gift)
    - 1 stock silver cable

Newer sets of the T800 apparently come with a nicer upgraded cable, which they are selling on their Aliexpress store, and it is better than the one I got in the photo, which was the cable given with the first few sets of T800.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 21.33.52.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 21.33.53.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 21.33.54.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-09-23 at 21.33.55 (1).jpeg
    Seen here is the T800 with stock tips and my favourite aftermarket copper cable (the 8 core NICEHCK copper cable).

Build/Comfort:

Excellent build. It feels and looks like a custom IEM shell and is of great quality finishing. It is quite huge, I would say just smaller than the original ZS10 shell, but it fits well due to its ergonomic design.
    Many of my friends complained that the original ZS10 shell was uncomfortable or had poor fit due to the massive size, but I am glad to say that I never once felt discomfort wearing the T800 and can wear it for hours with no issues. It is extremely light and well fitting.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-18 at 21.16.58.jpeg
    This are the relative sizes of the IEM shells from smallest to large for comparison:
    Left to right: Westone W30, KZ ZS10 Pro, TFZ No. 3, Audiosense T800 and ZS10 (original)

Isolation:
    The isolation is the best I have in my IEM arsenal. I have used it in the subway or crowded areas with good isolation. I have used it for stage monitoring and it is just as good in the isolation department. I can't hear anyone talking within a 0.5 m radius, with the music on at soft volumes. The Audiosense shop claims the isolation can attenuate -30 dB sound and I think it is thereabouts if you get a proper fit/seal with the eartips.

I tested this with a desktop -> Khadas Tone board -> Fiio A3 and android -> Tempotec Sonata HD. The T800 is easily drivable and can be used on smart phones without any external amping. I didn't have any hiss with this IEM on laptops/PC/smartphones. It can be played at low volumes without any loss of details. It is very well tuned and IMHO it doesn't need any EQ. Definitely the T800 scales better with a good source and good DAC/AMP. It can draw much more details out using a good source then if you had just paired it with a lowend smart phone.

The sound signature is on the bright side. The bass and treble are slightly boosted relative to the mids, so I would term this a U shaped signature.
    The details, instrument separation, layering, are the best I have heard so far in an IEM. I love the way this IEM can really project and seperate an instrument/voice into a fixed well defined location within the soundstage really well. I read impressions/reviews on headfi that say they compare to Etymotic ER4S and other higher end IEMs, but I don't own any expensive stuff, so I can't say for sure. But definitely, I have heard new details in songs that I have been listening to for years and never realized these details were there.
    For example, I can hear ghost notes of drum hits, squeaking of acoustic guitar fretboards, singers taking a breath. I was pleasantly suprised when the T800 managed to layer and separate 2 acoustic guitars playing different riffs at the same frequency range.
    What's great about this IEM is that despite the microdetails and suitability for analytical listening, it is tuned such that it is not sterile and boring, and makes for a fun yet detailed listening session.

Bass:
    Simply put, one of the best bass ever in a pure BA setup. Due to the tuning/vented design, the subbass really extends very well and has great punch, great control and accuracy and timbre, and almost sounds and moves air like a DD bass. The midbass is slightly recessed compared to the subbass and I personally would have liked a bit more midbass. It doesn't fall into basshead territory but is still quite authoratative. I never heard any midbass bleed. I would class the bass of the T800 as of slightly less quality/quantity than my TFZ No.3 (single DD driver IEM), for which IMHO, has the best bass in my collection of IEMs. I think due to physics, a pure BA bass can't beat a well tuned DD bass, but this IEM comes very close.

Mids:
    Even though the mids are slightly recessed, they are extremely detailed (as above), and vocals/guitars/instruments are very forward and well layered. I never found one instrument/voice dominating others. Timbre and tonality of voices and instruments are excellent and accurate and one of the best I have heard in a pure BA setup, but maybe some highend dedicated dynamic driver type IEMs may sound a tinge more refined in timbre.

Treble:
    The treble is bright and well extended, with excellent microdetails. Cymbal splashes are very natural and not over splashy/in your face as in other budget CHIFI IEMs.
    But IMHO, the treble is where some people may have issues. Some in the forums/reviews have found harshness in the treble and silibance with this IEM. Personally I feel the T800 threads a thin line between a forward sounding and a harsh sounding treble, so YMMV. I don't think I am treble sensitive, but I found the music fatiguing after long listening sessions due to a spike at the higher mids/lower treble region (with the stock silicone tips/stock cable). I didn't notice any silibance, but the treble can be pretty harsh in certain treble predominant songs with the above stock configuration. I didn't like the KZ ZS6 treble due to the harshness, but the T800 is thankfully not as piercing as the ZS6. I guess some form of harshness is to be expected in a detailed and bright/forward sounding IEM like the T800 and I still found the harshness of the T800 bearable overall.
    Based on feedback from our experienced friends in the audiosense forums, there are a few methods that can tame the treble and make the listening experience much better (if u are treble sensitive):
    a) knowles damper/filter modification - see further threads in the Audiosense impressions forum on this modification which tames the treble and widens an already impressive soundstage.
    For those that are ok to wait, Audiosense apparently is coming out with a T800 Pro version in the next few months that incorporates a nozzle that can interchange filters of different resistances, it's still in the works currently.
    b) use foam tips - this one helps tame the treble too, but I am not a fan of foamies due to their durability and the long time it takes to insert a foamie.
    c) use other after market silicone tips such as JVC spiral dots - most of the headfiers in the Audiosense forums report better taming of treble with the JVC spiral dots, so it's worth a try if you are treble sensitive.
    d) use copper cables instead of the stock silver one - I have done an A/B testing of a few silver and copper cables and I personally find the copper ones tame the treble and makes it bassier. It is more subtle in effect than knowles dampers and some ear tips. I don't have any measuring rigs to prove this, so it is just a subjective opinion of mine, so YMMV. I know some of us don't believe in cables making a difference to sound quality, but for an extremely sensitive and low impedance multi BA IEM, I feel it may make some difference to sound with a cable change. I only use copper cables with my T800 currently and am very happy with the slight taming of the treble (personally my go to cable for the T800 is the NICEHCK 8 core copper cable).

Soundstage:
    The widest I have heard in an IEM, it is like an ellipse extending from my top of head to my 2 ears.

Conclusion:
    I wanted to get a good pair of IEMs and be done with chasing down the rabbit hole, and am glad I have found my end game IEM with the T800 (at least for multi BA/hybrid IEMs). (I'm still in the market for a well tuned DD IEM haha).

So other than the treble issues which can be easily fixed (see above), this is the best IEM I have had the pleasure of listening to. It is incredibly detailed, yet fun sounding, and doesn't become a boring, sterile, overanalytical IEM. I have been using this IEM for the past week and can't take them out of my ears. I have also used them for stage monitoring when I play the piano in a band and am pleased with the detailed sound with great isolation it provides.
    I think it is a versatile IEM, which can do well with most genres of music. I think the Audiosense engineers did a great job with the tuning for this IEM, and am looking forward to their future products.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. baskingshark
      Hi, the T800 trumps no. 3 in details/instrument separation/clarity/soundstage, but it costs 3x more and contains 8 BA compared to 1 DD in the no.3.
      It's not a fair comparison as they are from different price brackets (budget vs midrange). The only area the no. 3 is slightly better is in the bass department and has less fatiguing highs. I use both for different purposes throughout the week - no. 3 for a relaxing listening, and the T800 for critical listening/stage monitoring/casual listening.
      baskingshark, Jul 28, 2019
      Light - Man and RikudouGoku like this.
    3. baskingshark
      The T800 shell is larger than ZS6, but the fit is more comfortable as it is very ergonomic.
      As for the No. 3 fit, I can suggest trying different ear tips to get the best fit.
      If you have no issues with the ZS6 treble, then it sounds that you like bright sounding IEMs, and T800 may be a good choice for you. Even so, the T800 treble is less shrill than the ZS6 for sure.
      baskingshark, Jul 28, 2019
      Light - Man and RikudouGoku like this.
    4. RikudouGoku
      @baskingshark Already tried all sorts of tips with the No.3 and I believe it is the shape of it that makes the Fit kinda bad for me.
      RikudouGoku, Jul 29, 2019
      Light - Man likes this.
  5. FastAndClean
    AUDIOSENSE T800 - Dark Matter Impact
    Written by FastAndClean
    Published Jul 5, 2019
    Pros - amazing bass response, more detailed than ER4S, musical sounding and refined midrange, treble extension, wide soundstage with exceptional imaging, pitch black background, perfect build and packaging, comfortable with strong isolation from the outside noise, high price to performance ratio
    Cons - potential issues for treble sensitive people
    IMG_20190629_175152.jpg IMG_20190704_163208.jpg
    source for the review - Sabaj DA3

Songs used for the review
    Jim Keltner - Improvisation
    Eric Clapton - My father's Eyes
    Nah Youn Sun - My Favorite Things
    Inception - Dream Collapsing
    Steve Strauss - Youngstown
    Stimulus Timbre - Expression
    Diana Krall – Let's Fall in Love
    Trevor Jones - Clear The Tracks!
    The DALI CD - Zhao Cong , Moonlight on Spring River
    Dizzy Gillespie - Could it Be You
    Dominik Eulberg - Bjorn Borkenkafer
    Trentemoller - The Forest
    Kryptic Minds And Leon Switch - Ocean Blue
    Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York (Album)
    Xiomara Laugart - Tears and Rumba (2015) [192-24](Album)
    Xiomara Laugart (2006) Xiomara (24-96)(Album)
    Xiomara Laugart (2010) La Voz (24-88)(Album)
    Jed Palmer - Upgrade (2018)(Album)
    Plug_-_Drum_'N'_Bass_For_Papa-2CD-1997-FLAC(Album)
    Jon Hopkins - Insides (2009)(Album)
    Eric Serra - Lucy (2014) [flac](Album)

specs
    3D Printing
    Skin-Friendly resin shell
    8 Knowles BA per ear - (two vented woofers, four custom tuned from Knowles for mids, two for treble)
    Triple Tube system
    MMCX connectors
    Resistance - 9ohm
    Sensitivity - around 105db per Mw

Packaging
    Heavy and durable carrying case, cleaning tool, 3 pairs of foam tips, 3 pairs silicone tips, silver plated cable
    9940824_l.jpg 9940825_l.jpg 9940826_l.jpg

I saw the brand Audiosense before in the Asian thread.
    Was planning to get some of their smaller models. Few weeks later and that brand came out again in the Asian thread regarding their top of the line model T800, the comments were positive so I checked the store page for some impressions there, all positive with one of them saying that they can compete with much more expensive earphones and showing better technical abilities compared to Fearless Audio s6 rui. T800 uses Knowles drivers, 4 of them (mids) custom tuned for that specific earphone, also the woofers are vented, decided to give them a shot.

Build, fit and comfort
    IMG_20190627_163021.jpg

Very solid build, they are filled with resin, the build is similar to Fiio FA7. The surface is very smooth and the quality is excellent, the face plate is made from carbon fiber, they look beautiful in person, no complains here.
    The fit is excellent for me, the shape is like semi-custom.
    Comfort is great, I can wear them for hours without discomfort.

The isolation is strong, better than all of my other in ears but ER4S.

Overall sound signature.
    EDIT 16.07.2019 - added graph from Audiosense
    T800 is U shaped, boost in the sub bass with smooth and organic mids and extra energy in the treble.
    59975079_2235150793232403_2072032505812221952_n.png

Bass
    The bass is above neutral in DF target, is not very forward but the boost is there and it is noticeable, they have extra meat to the bone in the sub bass. At first I thought that they go down to about 35hz, but that was my very first impression and I didn’t play the right songs, after trying some bass tests and tones I came to the conclusion that they go all the way down to 20hz, with boost on top of that, very impressive. Under 200hz or so they start to rise but gradually, not dramatic or overdone. That makes the bass impactful and dense with visceral feel to it. The bass is deep and can hit hard but always under control. The hits are fast and tight but the decay after that is a little bit longer than typical BA that is not vented, however the decay is still fast, faster than good dynamic driver but just a tad longer than closed BA like ER4S. The mid bass is lower in level than sub bass so there is no bleed into the mids, it has very smooth and effortless transition.
    Great bass texture and detail, never anemic, always under control and deep.

Mids
    The mids are neutral to my ears, however they are under the bass and treble just a tad. Smooth but showing a lot of details. Clean but musical and euphoric, with a touch of lushness but never overly warm, refined without strong bite in the upper mids. The tone of the mids is similar to planar magnetic headphone (HE500) so i am assuming that there is a dip somewhere in the upper mids/lower treble area to give that type of tonality.

Treble
    Treble response is extended with some brightness in the upper treble. The emphasis is not a lot but is there and noticeable, they are not harsh or sibilant. The treble is very clean and airy, that sparkle balances the bass response and makes the sound very complete and extended at the both ends. No metallic timber here, no grain or hardness. Overall good treble response tuned very well to avoid dark and warm signature. For treble sensitive people i am not sure, i am sensitive but not too much, the treble is not overly bright to me, they have similar quantity to the Etymotic ER4S, if the ER4S is too bright for you T800 will be similar.

Soundstage and imaging.

The soundstage is wide, the depth is very good, but is not very tall.
    The imaging is exceptional, accurate and specific. Every instrument is well separated with a lot of space in between, the ability to image well is one of their most impressive qualities.
    T800 have black background, they can capture the atmosphere of a big orchestra in a very impressive way.

Detail retrieval and transient response
    The amount of details they can extract from high quality recordings is very high, higher than ER4S, the soundstage size and imaging help a lot for that, the instruments and sounds have more space, they are very separated. Transient response in the mids and treble is very fast, the bass is a tad slower than ER4S.

Comparisons
    With Etymotic ER4S
    IMG_20190705_181843.jpg

Bass
    T800 has more bass and sub bass, the bass on T800 has longer decay than ER4S but that is a plus because it gives more body, it sound more natural with real sub bass impact, ER4S sound anemic and compressed in comparison. T800 has better texture, better dynamic range and extension.

Mids
    T800 have more musical mids than ER4S, ER4S has more mids overall, the detail retrieval is very similar between the two, T800 achieves the same amount of details with more musical and pleasing tone.

Treble
    The treble sound different, the quantity of the treble is similar, but the peaks are in different places.
    ER4S has a peak at 16khz, T800 sound like it is a little bit lower than that, both have clean treble but T800 has more body to the cymbals.

Soundstage and imaging
    T800 has a lot bigger soundstage, ER4S has very good imaging but with the lack of soundstage size it can’t separate the instruments like T800.

With Hisenior B5+
    IMG_20190705_181920.jpg

Bass
    B5+ is with more mid and upper bass, T800 more sub bass, B5+ needs EQ to correct the bass response, T800 don’t. Better bass response on T800, it can rumble and it sound more correct.

Mids
    B5+ has more mids, a lot more, they are lush and warm and very up front, I like them very much but not with all types of music. T800 has more neutral sounding mids, still musical but less lush than B5+, T800 is more versatile with different types of music.

Treble
    Both have very clean and extended treble, T800 has more treble, B5+ is smoother.

Soundstage and imaging
    T800 is wider but B5+ has taller soundstage, the imaging is close, B5+ has also black background and specific imaging but on T800 those qualities are more pronounced.

With CCA C16
    IMG_20190705_181952.jpg

Bass
    T800 has more sub bass, similar mid bass, bass on C16 sound a little bit dry in comparison, T800 sound more musical with better thump in the very low bass.

Mids
    C16 has more mids, they are clean but lack the smoothness and musicality of the T800 midrange.

Treble
    T800 has more upper treble with better extension and articulation, C16 treble sound dry and papery in comparison, T800 is more refined in the treble region.

Soundstage and imaging
    Soundstage size is larger on T800, imaging is superior on T800, C16 has very good center image but on the sides is not very good.

With Moondrop Kanas
    IMG_20190705_182023.jpg

Bass
    Kanas have a little bit more bass overall, the control on Kanas is very good for dynamic driver but T800 is quicker, both have visceral impact when the song (or movie) calls for it.

Mids
    Kanas have a little bit more mids, T800 has warmer midrange but is laid back compared to the Kanas.

Treble
    Kanas have less treble, T800 has more and better extended, it sounds like it can go higher.

Soundstage and imaging
    T800 has wider stage, Kanas has more compact like sphere type of shape, T800 is more like a wide monitor. The imaging on T800 is more precise and distinct.

Note – Knowles dampers
    T800 has Knowles damper in it, it is the white one, you can change the shape of the response adding another damper.
    I did that, green damper, the sound is a little bit darker, the bass is the same, less upper mids, that makes the mids warmer, also the treble is a little bit less but the change there is not so big like the change in the upper mids.
    The biggest surprise for me with the added damper is the soundstage, it gets even wider, it is trying to push the sound almost behind your ear. The imaging is the same but with larger stage, for that reason I am considering them to be exceptional performers with classical, big orchestra soundtracks and movies.

Conclusion
    I am very impressed with them, they are very good overall but the qualities that are standing out for me is the bass response, imaging and soundstage. Very impressive with classical, orchestra soundtracks (Hans Zimmer is my favorite) and movies.
    If you are treble sensitive be aware that they are bright, if you want to try them despite that, i suggest you to buy some knowles dampers with the changing tool just in case.

Have a good one.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. michaelf28