I am using the Forest cable as a replacement for a simple 75Ohm video cable to connect my CD player to an external DAC.
- One of the main reasons to choose an Audioquest cable is the cold welded connection from the cable’s conductor to the plug what physically reduces reflections. So I was expecting a change in the signal quality. I think it worked! By reducing the DAC’s afford of error correction the analog output improved a lot:
- Now there is more air around the body of acoustical guitars, piano sounds are more sharp with added sustain and bass sound gain a little more attack.
- The cable’s materials are wisely picked:
- Small and slim but stable RCA plugs with the signal direction recommendation printed on it.
- A silver plated, high quality copper conductor with formed PE dialectic
- and good quality shielding using a special process to avoid interferences.
- The only con on the cable is the pressure sensitive outer coating what additionally seem the be made of PVC? –well, there is room for improvements in every product.