Audeze LCDi3

General Information

The LCDi3 introduces superior resolution and refined acoustical tuning to the award-winning iSINE design. Featuring the design of the LCDi4 together with the low impedance of the iSINE series, the LCDi3 can push up to 130dB with zero audible distortion for a true audiophile in-ear experience.
  • CIPHER Lightning Cable, CIPHER Bluetooth 5.0 Module, and 3.5mm cable all included with each LCD-i3
  • Audeze proprietary DSP preloaded on all CIPHER products for optimized, audiophile-quality sound
  • Massive dynamic range, delivering up to 130dB with zero audible distortion
  • Featuring our new Ear Fins designed to provide a secure fit for ears of all shapes and sizes

Comments

I received my LCDi3 and have been listening to it the last 4 days.

First I tried the wireless Cipher, works OK, but it is really not the way I am going to listen most of the time. Currently using JRiver with an SMSL Idea until my Hidizs S8 comes to replace it.

I have set the parametric EQ in JRiver according to the official correction curve. It is quite good on correcting the peaks and valleys on the mids and highs, but I found that the bass was too strong for my taste. I increased the high shelf filter on 136Hz from -5.91dB to -1.5dB in order to raise mids and highs. Now the tonality is balanced in my opinion.

So after some 5 hours listening to my reference recordings a few time each I am starting to get the sound signature. Fantastic resolution, awesome dynamics, textures and imaging!

I would say that these are phones that I would not listen without EQ, be it in the Cipher cables, Reveal plugin or manually inputting the EQ parameters. It sounds just too wrong without correction in my opinion. But once corrected it sounds fabulous.

Comfort is also excellent, and I am picky in this regard. Using mid sized points and hooks.

The standard 3.5mm cable is quite generic. I wonder if upgrading to the silver braided LCDi4 cable is worth the upgrade. Opinions anyone?

So overall I am very happy with the LCDi3. :ksc75smile: