Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
scotto
scotto
Hi, I appreciate your thoughtful and fair review, wanting to know more about this iem! Since mentioning other item's you purchased around the same time at roughly the same price, like the se535, how do they match up?
Thanks!
Scott
Wiljen
The 535 is definitely more technically skilled with better detail. Where it loses out is the bass quantity is not as good as the N40 and it is not as musical. For technical listening, I'd go for the 535, for relaxation, I reach for the n40. Of all of them I bought at that point the two I find myself consistently reaching for are the brainwavz b400
Wiljen
They are just so close to neutral and so well detailed it is hard to imagine they are only a $179 product, and the Flc8s which I bought after borrowing a pair as they are just amazing in soundstage and imaging and do a good job with the kinds of music I listen to most frequently. I'm a jazz/blues/blues-rock/classic rock guy so if you are heavy into EDM etc you may have very different tastes.
harry501501
harry501501
Hey Wiljen, would you still recommend these? I love the n20
Wiljen
I think that would depend largely on the price. At the original asking price, I think others have passed them but if you can get them down into the $150-200 range, I think they still offer a lot to like.