Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
Peddler
Peddler
Wow - you really have set the bar high for detailed written reviews. Well done Sir.
dottormorte
dottormorte
How's Dunu Falcon Pro?
cqtek
@dottormorte, I will be submitting my review of them very soon. Stay tuned.

On another note, I want to insist on thanking you all for your generous comments.
F700
Nice and interesting review, thanks. Based on Penon’s product description, the AIFF format cannot be read from this player (not mentioned in the supported format). Is it true? Could you please eventually check that? As I have a pretty extensive collection of AIFF files, this could be a KO criteria for me.
Thank you.
I don't have anything in that format, but I'll try to try something for you.
Reactions: F700
F700
Thanks. Don’t waste too much time on this, I also can contact Penon directly. Appreciated, though🤟
cqtek
I just tried it and you can't even see the file in the playlist, it doesn't recognise the "aif" extension as valid. So it doesn't play "aif".
On the other hand, it does recognise the "ape" extension but it doesn't play it, at least with the test I have.
Reactions: F700
F700
Thank you! Very prompt and precise feedback. Highly appreciated.
Reactcore
Reactcore
I'm still holdin on to my aging AK120 with its quirky UI just for the sound quality.. it has something to be just with your music collection all on memory.. carefully sorted and named in folders.

I don't care for fancy fast Interaction or streaming capabillity.. just imergance in my music😏
alphaman
alphaman
Sorry ...
cqtek ... I ain't buyin' it ... neither the DAP or your BORING review. Glad Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenon gave ya a FREE sample. I'm sure you could sell it at the stop light.
Hello @alphaman.

I respect your opinion. I am sorry you find my review boring. But my opinion about the sound quality of this DAP is real, like all the reviews I have written. Just as I respect your opinion, I ask you to respect the veracity of my opinion. I am not in this hobby to mislead people, nor do I spend hours and hours writing for that purpose.

Best regards.
NymPHONOmaniac
look interesting....but im still very obsess by their first DAP using the old AKM4490....such a drama what happen with this dac company....
my real question is: how does it compare to ZISHAN Z4 (about 100$)??
This DAP is very impressive in term of resolution and power, not so much in timbre, dynamic weight and overall musicality.
I really miss the Ibasso DX90 old days...still haven't found anything that can replace it under 500$ price range.
@alphaman
whats up mate? why are you soooo mad?
free sample doesnt mean you enter fake review game....their plenty of this everywhere it's true, but this review isn't hysterical hyping one...very detailed in fact. And i do think it worth a 200$ DAP in term of working hours. It's a nuanced objective review it seems.
And from what i see, it seem your an intense troll on HF. Thats a form of bias in its own you know.
RONJA MESCO
RONJA MESCO
what the heck is this black box...it looks like a mock up for some future dap release...no screen shots or anything??
cqtek
@RONJA MESCO, you're right, I didn't include any photos of the screens. I capture the photos with my old reflex with flash and so it's impossible for the screen to come out lit. But I have added photos taken with my smartphone, to satisfy your curiosity. They are not the best photos, but they can be informative.
cqtek
Once again, I would like to thank all those who have publicly supported me.

@NymPHONOmaniac, long time no talk.... We've had our ups and downs in the past too. I'm glad to be back in touch, even if it's only here.
It's true that a comparison with another DAP superior to the Z4 or, as you point out, a comparison of the Z4 vs ACMEE MF01 would have been fairer. But I have in mind a project of internal modification of the Z4, which may increase the sound quality of the Z4. If so, it might be a worthy rival for the MF02s. When the modification is done, I will write a review of the modified Z4 and compare it, again, with the MF02s.
cqtek
Finally, I think that although my writing style may be bombastic, it is clear that I would not recommend this DAP for those looking for all-day battery life, fast and complete handling, a very informative display, low output impedance, no heat and comfort. I would recommend it to those who are looking for sound quality above all else and don't care about the other issues, as is clear from the conclusion. What for all those other things, should it have a lower score? I think this is an audio forum, isn't it?
NymPHONOmaniac
@cqtek Ya, well, pandemic doesn't help ups and down...i think lot of us are quite lonely people in fact...thus the audiophile refuge. anyway, my group NBBA has pass through so much trauma that it's time to be chill and less emotionally invest in social hysteria and reviewers clans war. I was too impulsive before, now calm down even if still a weirdo to some extend.
So you got Z4 enh! Very curious about the mod...Z4 jsut can't trigger any emotion in me, i feel distant from music even if it's crisp sounding. Whats the impedance output of MF02S?
Have you try the Ziku HD X10 by the way??
cqtek
@NymPHONOmaniac, I'm glad things are calming down. I have a respectful disposition, which tries to avoid conflict. Although I have a passionate nature, in the end I'd rather listen than write in haste. On this occasion, we fellow reviewers are united by audio and our hobby. I have little or no interest in the politics of this world. If colleagues talk to me about it, I will listen to them, but I will keep a low profile and try to avoid taking a position.
If, on the other hand, we talk about audio, it will be a pleasure. And that's where we're going.
The MF02s output impedance is:
Zout SE = 10Ω
Zout BAL = 22Ω

I have the Z4, which I have compared here with the MF02s and I also have the Ziku HD X10, which I bought to review, because you reviewed the previous model very positively. In the end, it was left in a drawer, for reasons that I'll discuss later... We'll continue later.
bjd1
bjd1
@cqtek You sparked quite the discussion here! :) I just want to reiterate my gratitude for your reviews. I always find them clear, interesting and informative, even if the devices sometimes aren't what I would choose for myself. Last year, I wrote a few short reviews on another forum; I was surprised at how long this kind of thing takes to write! So I know you put real work into this review. I hope you keep it up, even when someone decides to indulge in trash-talk.