1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote

4.55882/5,
  1. kevingzw
    "Budget" Royalty. Did I mention it only costs 99 USD?
    Written by kevingzw
    Published Sep 6, 2016
    Pros - Clear and Concise V-Sound, Balanced Sound, Smooth Treble with enough Shimmer, Immense Value, Ostentatious Packaging and Accessories
    Cons - Lack of a "Meaty" Mid Section, Congested Sound-stage (on some tracks),
    Before I start this review, I would like to reiterate that we all have different experiences when it comes to using earphones/headphones. YMMV and this is merely my "subjective opinion". I hope that helps and if there are any disagreements, feel free to comment :). I'm all ears!

How I got to know about 1More:

1MORE-Triples-cutaway-500.jpg
    Driver View (2 balanced armature + 1 dynamic driver).

In early February, I was scouting Carousell (A local marketplace in Singapore) for various budget IEM's  and a dear friend of mine recommended me the 1More "Voice of China" Single Dynamic Driver earphones. They aren't exactly what I was looking for. I was in the market for a budget hybrid (single or dual balanced armature + single dynamic driver configuration) apart from the supposedly shady offerings of Taobao. I however, kept an eye on 1More and it's offerings.

Fast forward to early August, and I came across a piece of old news (being officially released 3-4 months earlier): 1More actually released a Flagship Triple Driver Hybrids (2 In-house Balanced Armatures and 1 layered Dynamic Driver Diaphragm) for an average price of 99.99 USD. Who could resist such an attractive price tag, let alone such amazing specs? Here is a quote from an article based on 1More's Official Earphone Launch in North America:

Quote:

Following Schitt's Mantra, 1More is planning to offer consumers a gargantuan price to performance ratio without skimping on quality. This is mantra we all can live by. I managed to snag a pair on Aliexpress for 82 USD (Reseller's Promotion) plus express shipping. I would like to thank Aliexpress for the smooth transaction and order.

Package and Accessories:

DSC_0125.jpg  `

The 1More Box is incredibly "Beats" like. Branding is important and 1More does it's own brand justice. The packaging is incredibly ostentatious, with a faux-book style flap and opening. The presentation view on the inside is dare I say, alittle "artsy". The Gold and Black accents are in tandem with "1More's" color scheme. All this was achieved for a 99 USD price tag. Color me impressed!

Opening the secondary flap, we are greeted with 3 separate "cardboard modules" that hold their generous offering of accessories:

1 X 1More Triple Driver Hybrid Earphones
    1 X Silicon Tips (5 pairs of Rubber Tips, 3 pairs of Foam Tips)
    1 X 1More Leather Magnetic Flap Pouch
    1 X 1More Aluminium Lapel Clip
    1 X 1More Airplane Adapter

Damn, the Accessories are superb. The Silicon tips are displayed in an oblong display box. The leather case is almost "Astell and Kern" level, with hot-red stitched accents. The Aluminium lapel clip and Airplane Adapter sported a brushed surface, with an embossed 1More logo. The accessories provided are above and beyond, with regards to the actual price paid for them. Hopefully, many of its competitors take notice and follow suit. This proves that luxury doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg.

DSC_01441.jpg   DSC_0141.jpg   DSC_0143.jpg

Build Quality:

download.jpg

The earphones are eye-catching and "loud". The polished aluminium driver chasis feels tough and well-built. The Kevlar cables are supple, with a rubber tube-like sheathing, followed by a cloth sheath below the Y-split.Thanks to thoughtful design, the entire earphone is luxuriously built. Many reviewers online have complained about the fitment of the drivers in the ear canal. I don't seem to have that problem. The funneled shape of the drivers fit nicely in my ears. To each their own I guess.

There are some microphonics due to its "worn down" wearing style. I'm not a big fan of the straight jack (right angled jacks are more durable and less prone to cable stress).

I know this is entirely subjective, but the gold and black accents are striking and somewhat "outlandish". I would've preferred a more subtle approach. Nevertheless, the build quality is excellent and I'm sure that with proper care, these earphones could last for an indefinite period of time.

How they sound:

Setup Used: Cowon Plenue D
                        Fiio X3 Mkii
                        Foobar 2000 v1.3.6 +  Aune X1s

My Selected Playlist:

Suicide Demo for Kara Walker by Destroyer (Imaging/Soundstage Test)
    I'm not your Toy by La Roux  (Female Vocals/ Highs Test)
    Cheap Beer by Fidlar (Fatigue Test)
    Shaker Hymns by Dry the River (Vocal Positioning Test)
    Deer Creek Canyon by Sera Cahoone (Timbre Test)

Right out of the box, the 1More could be described as a V-shaped earphone, balanced in both the highs and lows. There is enough heftiness and some flutter of the lows that could be too thick for some, but the "bass" slam is quick and concise. Bassheads, look elsewhere. I left the earphones to burn in for approximately 10-15 hours. The audible differences are incredibly slight, with the bass response being alittle more nuanced. The earphones have an impedance of 32 ohms, requiring slightly more juice from my Digital Audio Playe/Amp.

Imaging/Soundstage Test: Suicide Demo for Sarah Walker sounded incredibly lush, with an average sized soundscape. Instruments are well-placed and easily definable. Dan Bejar's vocals are incredibly smooth, with a focus on the lower mids. The highs lack the bright shimmer to be categorized as "detailed' but has decent extension and spaciousness. Overall, the 1More paired well with this track. However, the soundstage is somewhat narrow as compared to full-sized headphones (as expected)

[​IMG]

Female vocals/High Test: I'm not your toy is a bright song. The piercing analogous synths and La roux's screechy vocals are smoothened off by the 1More's. The vocal performance is clear and concise, but the lack of a forward mid-section doesn't do the song complete justice. However, the thickness of the low end keeps the song balanced and unbashedly fun. The layered diaphragm is doing it's part to add punch to the mix.

[​IMG]

Fatigue Test: This is a track that is recorded poorly on purpose. If an earphone can play this song fatigue free, it has succeeded in having a "smooth" signature. Cheap Beer is a loud, congested mix of distorted guitars and peaky vocals. Surprisingly, the track was a comfortable listening experience. The low end is speedy, keeping the song grounded while the highs remained tame. The treble, while not harsh by any means, had enough sparkle to sound "clear" enough. For those garage rock lovers, this is a dream come true.

[​IMG]

Vocal Positioning Test: Now, this sounds lovely. The earphones did the recording justice, with a low noise floor and black background. The soothing vocals are easily distinguished. Guitars were beautifully represented, with nice body and tautness. The split job of detailed mids/highs on the balanced armatures and the rigid push/pull of the dynamic driver results in the detailed yet airy sound experienced here.

[​IMG]

Timbre Test: Sera Cahoone is a lo-fi Americana Artist. Her music is often mellow, with an "analogue" warmth. With this track, Sera's vocals are sublime. The 1-More's lower mid and low focus places emphasis on her voice, as though her vocals had been layered.The highs are just about right for the track, so as to not appear muted. The acoustic guitars/drums paired with her porous voice sounded diffuse yet realistic.

[​IMG]

The Conclusive Sound Description: After enough testing, it is safe to say that the 1More is a rich-sounding IEM. It's V-shaped focus, hefty low-end (Weighted bass, without bloat) and decent high-extension is well suited for pop/rock music (even dingey genres like punk).

Across all tracks, the mid's felt somewhat missing (lacking richness), as though they were a tad too laidback. It lacks a more forward mid-section for my taste but the emphasis on the lower mids (to my ears at least) go hand in hand with more "sombre" recordings. It's non-fatiguing nature is suited to a more "consumer-friendly market". Imaging has great depth and feels spread out evenly across an average 3D soundstage. Overall, it's a balanced sound that can't go wrong. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser

Do take note that Amping helps to tighten the bass response (not a big difference, but definitely noticeable in terms of speed and punch).

For reference, the 1More's sound is rather similar to the FLC 8S (Max mid/vocals, Max bass and Sub bass tuning) but the mid-range and speedy bass slam on the FLC's sound much better. Soundstage is noticeably larger too.

Are these really worth the hassle?

It's a resounding yes on my part. It is always refreshing to see the Chinese market shelling out quality products at such an affordable price. There is a tendency for "audio snobs" with high-end gear to shun "lower priced goods" in a condescending manner. It's companies like 1More that dare to challenge that notion.

This is what the "portable audio" market needs: products that achieve more than what you pay for. The competition has never been more intense.

Make way for Chinese royalty! Interested parties can refer to the links below:

Purchase Link:  https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20160906043705&SearchText=1more+triple+driver+in-ear+earphones
    Information Link: https://usa.1more.com/products/triple-driver-in-ear-headphones

B9Scrambler and stalepie like this.
  2. dnun8086
    I'd give them 1More shot!
    Written by dnun8086
    Published Sep 2, 2016
    Pros - Decent Value for Money, Bass, Well rounded Sound, Packaging
    Cons - Microphonics, Treble before brain burn in
    I'd give it one more chance!
     ​
    Introduction and Disclaimer

Firstly, I would like to thank the 1More team for giving these to me for the purpose of this review. All impressions will be made from as much as an objective standpoint as possible. I’ve been involved in audio for some years now and enjoy music to no extent, a good set of earphones, headphones and source you’ll be set for life. Well until the next new thing comes along. But I digress so let’s pop back into this review.

When I first heard these earphones believe me I wasn't taken back. I suppose I was roped in through the inviting invitation and the very subjective elevator pitch of "would you like to try the best earphones in the world." Way too much of a big statement which many companies have tried to make. This claim is almost always going too subjective and many companies have failed to stay true to that word. I'm not going to base this review with criticism just sober judgement and fair assessment.

There is an air to these earphones that is a little bit different and refreshing, for starters let's talk about the design, features and some of the accessories included. Not to mention the packaging!! This has to be one of the nicest packages I've ever seen (that's what she said). But seriously possibly one of the best and well-presented earphones I've opened to date.

For the reviews that I've been asked to write for the company I will be attempting to keep things short as I have a limited time period. I just want every person reading this to get the full idea of what to expect if you decide to purchase these yourself so if my review here doesn't cover something please just leave a comment below and I'll do my best to answer and I've left a link to the company below too.

I'd like introduce you to the bipolar express, The marmite of sound, innovation, creation and another shot into an otherwise crowded market. You will see how I have come to these conclusions and titles for these earphone as I dive deeper into this review.

Pros and Cons

I'll start off with some pros before I go into the cons. Without a shadow of a doubt it's undisputed that the packaging was just super with the 1more range especially their flagship model. In fact, the current flagship model comes with probably the best foam ear tips I have ever tried in my life I just wish every company in the world would provide these ear tips because it makes for such an enjoyable and comfortable experience. The ear tips themselves are a sort of hybrid between what you would find from a Comply ear tip and silicon rounded based ear tip the results are just superb.

To my knowledge in from the short conversation I had with one of the team members everything from the ear tips to the drivers inside where created by 1more themselves, in house, this in itself is a refreshing break from the traditional TWFK drivers and Knowles drivers traditionally used in most hybrid style earphones.

Cons still to be had though those drivers whilst manufactured by the company aren’t the last word in refinement or I should say consistency although, I must say this has been improving dramatically with burn in. Have no idea why BA’s don’t usually benefit much from this… I’ll leave that down to brain burn in perhaps.

Con number two as much as I like the design the bloody microphones can be abysmal for on the go listening at low volumes and for anyone who wears a hooped earring. (Don’t judge me lol) It has been a bit annoying though whilst walking down the street at one point I thought they were broken nope, just my darn earring taping against the cable.

I think that’s about it for now, so let's talk a little bit about the specifications what is actually inside this beautiful package.

Specifications, Accessories

5. Sensitivity: 99 dB
    6. Impedance: 32 Ω
    7. Rated Power: 5 mW
    8. Weight: 18 g

1. INTELLIGENT CONTROL TECHNOLOGY- in-line remote control is compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android, allowing you to conveniently control volume, select songs, and take calls. Superior MEMS microphone has independently set ground wires to eliminate cross-talk and background static.
    2. TUNED BY A GRAMMY AWARD WINNING SOUND ENGINEER- 1MORE collaborated with internationally acclaimed producer, mixer, and sound engineer Luca Bignardi to perfect the final tuning to deliver a precise representation of your favourite artist’s intended sound.
    3. THREE DRIVERS- these headphones have two balanced armatures and a separate dynamic driver. Together they deliver an extremely accurate listening experience with unsurpassed dynamic power and clarity from deep bass to sizzling highs.

Content
    • Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones
    • 6 sets of silicone ear tips
    • 3 sets of foam ear tips
    • Magnetic clasping traveling case
    • Attractive storage case
    • Quality dual prong airline adapter
    • Matching shirt clip
    IMG_5984.jpg IMG_5981.jpg
    Design, Features, Ergonomics

The earphones themselves have an offset angle which work great for wearing straight down. I actual couldn't get the right deal with any of the silicon ear tips provided so immediately switched to the foam ones provided.

With the foam ear tips installed just having them in your ears is a sheer pleasure, sure they are a little on the heavy side but you don't notice it as the foam seems to take the brunt of that added weight.

As you can see from the pictures they are coated in gold and a marvellous blue/black finish. I'm not going to spend all day telling you how these look but do take a sneak at the pictures.

IMG_5980.jpg IMG_59832.jpg
    As you can probably see the wire coating is crafted out of durable fabric from the Y splitter down and although I don't think I can capture the detail enough the wires leading to the earphones themselves is wrapped in rounded finely grooved plastic. This part of the wire is actually something to write about be used it had resulted in almost a hybrid between the anti-tangle design you get from a flat wire and combined it with the ergonomics of a rounded one. Very interested to know if this was just a happy coincidence, brilliant thinking or just an aesthetic choice...? Either way I'm happy!!

The cable comes with a microphone for on the go listening with your mobile device allowing you to switch seamlessly between phone calls and your music. Quality is good no distortion testing phone calls and the mic also doubles as volume control, play and pause, skipping tracks and of course answering or hanging up phone calls.

To skip ahead double click the centre button, to go backwards triple click and as usual pause and play operates just using the single click.

Sound quality

Well I think I've written enough to give you an idea of what these are all about. So shall we dive in to how these interesting things actually perform!

Going back to my previous title "bipolar express" I'd like to elaborate a little more on this and what exactly I mean.

Treble

First of all, I'll start with the treble, detailed and finite given the right partner in crime these perform really well. You'll hear a ton of detail here and there is the odd extra detail I’ve picked out in a few well know songs I’ve listened to. Something I have only seen replicated by much pricier earphones.

Then there is the mood swings highs and lows but as our relationship grows she becomes more stable, subtle and easier on the ears. After running through about an hour’s worth of music I couldn’t get a real read on these one minute the treble just had a nice zing to it the next minute she’s screaming in my ear.

“Why didn’t you listen to me!” she yells!
    “I did, I promise everything was fine until you changed your tone?” I replied
    “Okay maybe I’m over reacting, this is a nice song how about we start again?” she reasons with me.
    “Erm, that’s fine by me. Are you sure you are okay?” I ask.
    “Yeah I guess I just didn’t like that track.” She replies.

Things are going well now, but damn this was a consistent battle up until about 10 hours of play time with her. I am happy to say we sought counselling and are now living a balanced and healthy life. Believe me though there were times I did leave her, that voice was just too much for me to handle but I’m glad I gave her one more chance.

Midrange

Ah good old midrange my friend something I almost instinctively listen out for when picking a set of headphones or earphones. To me the midrange holds the soul and life breath of the music of course this must be accompanied by a reasonable balance to the rest of the sound but I am a sucker for lush vocals.

I’m pleased to report the Triple Drivers do their thing here but not necessarily in a way that suits my personal listening preference. The vocals come across clear but there is no doubt a more V shaped sound curve these. I like the fact that with the right source pairing this can be fixed, plugged straight into my new Hybrid Valve AMP/DAC purchased through Kickstarter these become a different story.

I am trying to remain balanced here so for reference out of most sources I’ll say the vocals take a back seat but if you happen to be in the market for a nice little setup the combo I mentioned above is a damn good start on a tighter budget.

Surprisingly even with this sound signature bass and treble emphasis I found the vocals and midrange detailed offered just enough character to keep me interested. There is something that these earphones don’t do though which I find is a strength that comes from a lot of other V-Shaped sound signatures and that would be the soundstage. I’ll get into that later but it’s refreshing, in a weird sort of way, to not have the extra added soundstage. To my ear makes them sound a little less artificial.

Bass

As I don’t feel I can add much more in terms of description to the midrange I’ll skip right to the bass and boy oh boy they did a good tuning job here. I am not going to rave about the bass like it is some kind of God send but despite having an emphasis on the treble and bass the bass remains tight enough in enter into a more audiophile conscious listen.

Mid bass hits hard and fast but the decay lingers around long enough to make rap and pop songs a sheer pleasure to listen to. Now jumping down low we have sub bass, not limitless but sophisticated enough to add a level of depth to the music. Controlled and relatively unobtrusive with a splash of youthful vigour to please all of those bass lover out there.

I would like to add some personification to this section of sound and the next but I am hitting a touch of writer’s block so If you need any info pester the crap out of me in the comments below.

Soundstage

Last but not least and probably the shortest part of this review is the soundstage. It sounds good. Ha how cruel it would be to leave things there. Pulling my finger out here I will say this the soundstage is nothing to write home about but holds good spatial detail and give off a slightly airy sound.

It is neither wide or deep but it is there! Given then sound signature I may have expected more but am glad they didn’t try and over sell things here I think it may just be the reason why it holds things together so well for me when the midrange is sleeping in the back, lazy git lol. Seriously though it adds a bit of intimacy but partnered with that detailed and slightly unpredictable treble it ties things together quite nicely.

Overall thoughts and impressions
    I haven’t got the urge to tell anyone they should run out and buy these right now but for the price range they aren’t bad, heck in their own way they are a little brilliant, sure you might find something a little better more suited to your needs but for those indecisive buyers looking for a really decent set of earphones I’d give these a shot.

I wouldn’t have bought them off hearing them on first impressions but after some time spent with them I am happy to call them a great edition to the squad. You won’t find better packaging or foams out there that’s for sure, well in my opinion for this price range… But the sound whilst balanced, detailed and coherent doesn’t stand out enough for me to make a haste recommendation, but these are damn good earphones and credit where credit is due. If 1More keep on working off this as their benchmark it won’t be long before there up there with some more serious competition.Still really great value for money at $99.99 US and £99.99 GBP

Links to product page and pricing:

1. kevingzw
      Hi there! Loved the review. Can't wait to receive my pair. Hope I have the same impressions as you do :).
      kevingzw, Sep 2, 2016
  3. ostewart
    Smooth, superb value for money.
    Written by ostewart
    Published Jul 23, 2016
    Pros - Smooth relaxing sound, great build quality, bang for buck
    Cons - Slightly too smooth for my tastes, lacks sparkle up top.
    Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were noted.

Gear Used:
    OnePlus 2 / iPod Classic > Triple drivers (testing mic and buttons)
    Audio Opus #1 DAP > Triple drivers (critical listening)

Tech Specs:
    In-Line Remote > Included
    Weight > 18g
    Price > $99

Packaging, Build Quality and Accessories:
    The packaging feels very luxurious for the price, you get a sturdy card box with a side opening magnetically closed flap. On the back of the box you get the specs and info, once you open the flap you are greeted by the IEM’s sitting in a card in-tray with a brief history of the brand written next to them.
    You get an exploded view of the IEM’s on the inside of the flap also, once you open another flap (the one that hold the IEM’s in place) you will find boxes holding the included accessories. I really like the packaging, it looks very nice and the black/champagne gold colour scheme goes very well, along with protecting the IEM’s during shipping.

[​IMG]

Build quality feels solid, the cable is sheathed in fabric below the y-split, above it is slightly stiff and has a slightly ribbed rubber coating. The jack and y-split are metal, the jack has good strain relief, halfway up the right side after the y-split you will find the in-line 3 button remote. The remote housing is plastic with metal buttons, the housing of the IEM’s is fully metal and uses a gun metal / champagne gold colour scheme, unfortunately the housing does not have flexible strain relief for the cable. Overall I think these will last with some care, and the metal housing feels well finished and machined, along with feeling strong.

[​IMG]

Accessory wise they give Dunu a run for their money, there really is a full complement of accessories on hand. First off you get a leather like carry case which is hard and features a magnetic closing mechanism, a cable clip and airplane adapter that match the colours of the IEM’s, and last but not least different size tips. With these you get a choice of silicone and foam tips, the silicone tips come in 5 different sizes, the foam in 3, you get plenty of tips so be sure to try them to find the ones that fit you best.

Comfort, Isolation, Cable Noise and Mic Quality:
    The comfort is excellent once you have the right tips, the angled housing I found offers very good comfort and ergonomics, I found both foam and silicone tips to work well for me and both offered a very comfortable fit. I didn’t use the included cable clip, but if you do not wear the cable under your shirt I would recommend using it.

Isolation is good but not great, it is enough for most uses but if you have a noisy commute or want to use these for long flights I would recommend something with better isolation. I think this is partly due to shallow insertion depth, and also partly due to the housing being vented.

Cable noise can be problematic if you do not tuck the cable under your shirt, It is not as bad as some make it out to be, but I would recommend keeping the cable under your shirt, or using the cable clip that is included.

[​IMG]

Mic quality is very good, it successfully picks up your voice with unwanted background noise and the quality is surprisingly good. The remote works for volume control and play/pause functions, I couldn’t get it to work to skip tracks.

Lows: With a dedicated driver for the lows you would expect the lows to be excellent, and they are. Their patented 3-layer driver is working well here, it has the speed and precision to keep up with fast rock tracks, yet the fullness and subtle details to fill out acoustic songs. They are very articulate and fit right in with the rest of the sound, they are not overbearing or bloated. Kick drums had impact and body to back them up, bass guitar lines are easy to follow, there is a slight upper bass boost which can lead to a slightly congested sound during some tracks, but this is also track dependent.

Mids: The mids are nicely separated from the lows with no bleeding, which means vocals are left to cut through without having to worry about warming from the lows. This leads to very clean mids which render detail easily, without sounding clinical or artificial. You can hear subtle details, but you do not get any upper mid peaks that lead to sibilance. Guitars come through with precision and power and I really like the natural presentation of the mids on these.

Highs: The highs are not boosted on these, they sit quite nicely in the mix but do sometimes take a bit of a back seat making these sound a little too smooth on occasion. I find the highs to be a little splashy and not precise enough, they are not refined and don’t extend effortlessly. Again this also is slightly track dependent as it happens more during complex songs that they get pushed to the back. Alternative rock like The Maccabees  is a slightly different experience as you can easily keep track of the cymbals, but again they do have the presence to make these sound wholly balanced, and they end up being a little too polite.

Tip differences: I prefer the silicone tips for a more balanced and spacious sound, the foam tips are better for comfort but also have a warmer sound with less space and air.

Soundstage isn’t huge, but it is bigger than average in height, depth if nothing too remarkable. Instrument separation is good on these, everything is in its correct place, but they do become a little congested during more complex sections.

[​IMG]

Conclusion: If you are looking for bang for buck, these are well worth it. They are a fairly balanced sounding all rounder, with very good detail retrieval for the price. You would still have to spend about double to get a significant upgrade over the sound of these. The fact they packed 2 balanced armatures and a dynamic driver into this housing, and got it to sound this good for $99 is very impressive to say the least, and I look forward to seeing what they have in store for the future. They have the full articulate lows you expect from a dynamic driver, with the detail retrieval and speed you expect from balanced armatures, all together working in harmony to create a coherent and balanced sound.

Sound Perfection Rating: 8.5/10 (Impressive for the price, but the highs could be better)

1. Freetrademan
      So the 1MORE is weak in the highs. Do you know of any earbud under $100 that DOES have a nice, shimmery high end? I get the impression that bass is easy in earbud design, but treble is not.
      Freetrademan, Jul 23, 2016
    2. ostewart
      Dunu Titan1 is your best best for sparkly treble. I agree that the treble is the hardest part to get right, and a lot of companies tone it down so as not to cause fatigue.
      ostewart, Jul 24, 2016
  4. Jupit3r
    Balanced sound, great build quality, fancy packaging, wonderful cost-efficiency
    Written by Jupit3r
    Published May 22, 2016
    Pros - Balanced sound, great build quality, reasonable price
    Cons - The bass could be a little fatter
    Introduction

Once considered a novelty, headphones with armature drivers are now more common as many Chinese brands such as Astrotec, Dunu and Sound Magic have released a variety of less expensive armature and hybrid headphones in recent years. No brand went as far as Xiaomi, though, pricing its hybrid dual driver in-ear-headphones at only $17.54, which is truly affordable to everyone.

1more is a fairly new Chinese brand specialized in making headphones, but they did come with lots of promises. The fabulous packaging, refined design and moderate pricing showed their determination in making it big. Having released several entry-level iems and gained a lot of positive feedback, they finally aimed at the higher-end of the market, releasing an all new hybrid model – the 1more E1001 hybrid 3-way in-ear headphone.

Specifications

Type: Closed, hybrid
    Rated power: 5mW
    Driver unit: HD Hybrid 3-way (16mm dynamic + 2×Balanced Armature)
    Frequency response: 20-40,000 Hz
    Sensitivity: 99 dB/mW
    Impedance: 32 Ω
    Cord type : Approx. 1.25m, enameled copper cord
    Plug: Gold-plated straight stereo mini plug (3.5mm)
    Weight: 18g
    Supplied accessories: Hybrid silicone rubber earbuds (5 pairs), Foamed silicone earbud (3 pairs), Cord adjuster, Carrying case, flight plug adapter

Perfectly aware of their limited influence and brand value in this chaotic headphone industry, 1more knows that they have to do more in order to draw customers’ attentions. The 1more E1001 headphones are quite good on paper with a solid 99db/mW sensitivity rating and a frequency response of 20-40,000Hz. And the fact that their 3-button remote is compatible with both Android and iOS makes them more valuable to users who mostly listen to music with their phones.

Of course, the $99 price tag may raise a lot of questions about what is special about the 1more E1001 headphones, especially when it comes to sound quality. Are they better than most dynamics iems under $100, how could they be so much cheaper than other triple driver iems, or are they just equivalent to the Xiaomi earphones? Let’s take a closer look.

Packaging

For a pair of earphones priced under $100, the packaging of the 1more E1001 is simply extravagant. The box itself is rather slick, with a magnetic latch which makes the packing more like a jewelry box.

Inside the box you will see stylish graphics showing the design outline of the E1001, as well as the beautifully printed statement.

All accessories are contained in independent boxes, you will find 8 pair of eartips (5 pairs of rubber silicon ones and 3 pairs of foam silicon ones), a cord adjuster, a flight dual plug adapter, a black leather carrying case, the warranty card and user manual.

Design and build

The 1more E1001 has a very premium metallic design, with a combination of rose gold and deep blue. The forged aluminum alloy body houses two balanced armature drivers and a dynamic driver. It is not as high-profile as some Monster and B&O in ear monitors, but it is still one of kind.

The cord is engineered to stand the test of time and even some occasional torture. The interior of enameled copper is wrapped around by Kevlar fiber to maximize tensile strength.

There is also an inline remote/microphone, which is compatible with both Android and iOS based smartphones and tablets. Though I don’t use this kind of remote very often, I know it is valuable to users who use their smartphone as their main audio player and make occasional phone calls while listening to music.

The E1001 earphones are a little heavier than average iems with plastic shells, but as they are ergonomically shaped, the weight is evenly distributed while they rest in my ears. Thus, I never felt uncomfortable, even after wearing them for a few hours.

Build quality of these headphones are simply great. They feel even sturdier than my Monster Turbine, which costed me $299.

Isolation and fit

The 1more E1001 earphones are designed to give the users a perfect fit and decent isolation. With eartips of the right size, they can give you a very comfortable fit, and a tight seal which helps you block out 90% of the outside noise.

However, the E1001 headphones are not designed for sports activities such as running and cycling, as the wind noise can sabotage your fun of listening to music. Also, although the fit is decent enough for walking and jogging, the earbuds could fall from your ears if you work your body a little harder.

Performance

Audio Players:
    Iriver U100, Apple iPod Shuffle, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, LG G3, MS Surface Pro3

Tested tracks:
    Sade – King of Sorrow (APE)
    Ed Sheeran – Afire Love (MP3@320kbps)
    Coldplay – Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (FLAC)
    Alicia Keys – Brand New Me (FLAC)
    Destiny’s Child – Say My Name (MP3@320kbps)
    G-Eazy – Me, Myself and I (FLAC)
    Adele – Hello (FLAC)
    Demi Lovato – Confident (FLAC)
    Kris Allen – Falling Slowly (APE)
    Ariana Grande – Focus (MP3@320kbps)
    Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Otherside (APE)
    Emeli Sande – Next to Me (FLAC)
    Emeli Sande – Heaven (FLAC)
    The Weeknd – Often (FLAC)
    Drake – Hotline Bling (APE)

Comparisons:
    Monster Turbine, Bose Freestyle, Fox Extreme UR20, Ausdom ANC7, Astrotec GX50

Unlike most high-end headphones, the 1more E1001 can be easily driven with anything. It will surely sound slightly better with an amplifier or a high-end audio player, but it still sounded perfectly fine running off my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, my LG G3 and Surface Pro 3.

The 1more E1001 triple-driver earphones have a sound profile that could be more appealing to most audiophiles than bass heads. The sound is very clean, relaxing and well-balanced, with a lot of detail. But the bass is not that fat. I am not saying that the 1more E1001 are severely lacking in bass, but if you are used to the boomy Monster and Beats headphones or other dynamic headphones with that kind of sound profile, you will crave for more bass prominence with the E1001.

If the 1more E1001’s bass is not satisfying enough for certain users, the mids and highs are where they really shine, easily blowing my Bose Freestyle and Monster Turbine out of the water. The midrange is smooth, rich, and seductive. Both male and female vocals are presented clearly and accurately.

The high frequency spectrum is full, bright, crisp and clear. The 1more E1001 are not a pair of headphones that would ever be called muddy—though some listeners might find it on the slightly overly-bright side, depending on your personal tastes and what genre of music you're listening to.

The E1001 aren't the most open-sounding, you will notice that when you listen to tracks which are made to make you feel the spaciousness and openness, such as Coldplay’s “Paradise” and Emeli Sande’s “Heaven”. But the detail is brilliant, I even enjoyed a full hour of American country music on the radio, and I am normally no fan of country. I also did notice some harshness and dryness while playing Drake’s “Hotline Bling” and some old British Rock songs, and there can be some unwanted metallic feel sometimes, but above all, the E1001’s sound is rich, warm, and full of intricate detail.

Conclusion

I've tested quite a number of in-ear monitors recently and the 1more E1001 triple driver earphones rank up there with my favorites. For only $99, these headphones are extravagantly packaged, beautifully designed, with build quality that could even rival products priced many times higher. Offering a comfortable fit, well-balanced sound, and a remote that works well with almost all smartphones, the 1more E1001 could be the iem to beat in the $100 realm.

With that said, the E1001 are definitely not headphones for bass-heads. Although it works fine with most bass centric music, it just lacks that extra punchiness to stimulate the excitement. But if you are more about accuracy and do not stick to a certain genre of music, you can’t go wrong with the E1001 triple driver headphones.
      SpiderNhan, bhazard and stalepie like this.
    1. View previous replies...
    2. Jupit3r
      I haven't tried the vsonics headphones you mentioned, so no idea on how they would compare, sorry.
      Jupit3r, May 27, 2016
    3. Sp12er3
      Man... they're being so overzealous with the packaging for its price range.... got me interested tho.
      Sp12er3, May 27, 2016
    4. MMansell
      @canali I used to own GR07 Classics until the left driver died for no reason. As far as I can recall... I think GR07s had slightly more bass resolution but their treble was less refined than that of the triple Driver's. GR07 Vsonics were more comfortable and had better soundstage width too. 1More is way better looking as a gift though.

Disclaimer:
      Beware, what I wrote is very subjective. After all, it's been 2 years since I listened to them.
      MMansell, Jun 29, 2016
  5. Hisoundfi
    I can't believe these things are under one hundred dollars! The 1MORE Triple Driver in-ear monitors with inline microphone and remote
    Written by Hisoundfi
    Published May 20, 2016
    Pros - Meaty bass with great midrange definition and smooth extended treble, Very comfortable fit, Universal mic and remote works well, Great accessories
    Cons - They don't promote a very good over the ear fit, No included chin slider and under the ear fit makes them microphonic
    20160520_071420.jpg
    At the time this review was written, the 1MORE Triple Driver was on sale on Gearbest’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the product:

Introduction
    I have recently had some awesome opportunities to try some of the best earphones money can buy. It’s been awesome to see what top dollar can buy in the world of personal audio. Still, one thing is very apparent. Many of the more established brands with higher priced products are offering build and sound improvements that aren’t significantly superior to some products that cost a fraction of their MSRP. The further up the ladder you go, the more you pay for minor, if any improvements. Most of the time a thousand dollar earphone doesn’t sound ten times better than a similarly designed hundred dollar model. It’s more of a fraction of difference, depending on what you’re comparing.

The earphone market is a game of cat and mouse. Just a year ago, the market for great hybrid in-ear monitors was much different. In order to get a great sounding hybrid, it would cost a few hundred dollars. Nowadays I can go online and there are several options, many of them coming in a budget prices and offering a level of build and fidelity that rivals earphones that cost many times more.

The LZ-A2 was a monumental product in my opinion. It was the first hybrid monitor that fell under the hundred dollar mark and had sound that rivaled much more expensive versions. Since then there have been some others that came along and sounded just as great. Hybrid in-ear technology is becoming more and more mainstream.

There is a recent explosion of companies releasing these budget hybrid monitors. I have had the pleasure of sampling and reviewing quite a few of the more popular ones. There were some pleasant surprises that caught me off guard. One of them was the E0323 from 1MORE. In my opinion, the E0323 is still the best hybrid to come in under the seventy-five dollar mark. Here is a link if you are interested:

When George asked if I would be interested in reviewing the new three driver hybrid from 1MORE, I jumped at the chance. I knew that if 1MORE could make an earphone that sounds better than the E0323, it would be something I have to hear for myself. Let’s take a closer look and listen to the new hybrid champ in the hundred dollar weight class.

Disclaimer
    I was given an opportunity to review the 1MORE Triple Driver in exchange for my honest opinion and review. I am in no way affiliated with 1MORE. I would like to take this time to personally thank George for the opportunity.

My Background
    I AM NOT a numbers and graphs audiophile or sound engineer. Personal audio enthusiast? Absolutely! Headphone junkie? Possibly…

There’s something about quality DAPs, DACs, Amplifiers and Earphones that intrigues me. I want to hear any earphone that looks promising, in hopes that I can share my impressions with  enthusiasts and help them find the audio product they’re looking for. My Head-Fi profile has a list of audio products ranked from favorite to least favorite. For me, this hobby is more about getting great price to performance ratio from a product, while having a variety of different gear to mix and match. With personal audio gear, we tend to pay a lot of money for minor upgrades. One thing I’ve learned over the last few years is that just because a headphone has a higher price tag, it doesn’t mean that it has superior build and sound quality.

I’m always looking for great audio at a great price. I’m after headphones and IEMs that give me the “WOW” factor. I can appreciate different builds and sound signatures as long as they are solidly built, with ergonomics and sound that is pleasing to my ears. It’s my pleasure to share my experiences with audio products and make recommendations based on gear I have owned and used.

REVIEW
    20160425_180209.jpg
    The front of the package has the 1MORE logo and Hi-Res logo.

20160425_180235.jpg
    The Back of the package has a description of the earphone in several languages. There is also specifications listed.

20160425_180317.jpg
    The 1MORE arrived in a box the size of a relatively average sized hardcover book. Not only is it similar in size, the package itself is made to resemble a book. Just like the E0323, 1MORE doesn’t cut any corners with their packaging. The packaging is so nice, I almost find it to be excessive. Any way you look at it, it’s phenomenal.

20160425_180417.jpg
    The Package opens Up to a beautiful display of the Triple driver earphones and a great read about the 1MORE company. The tab operates as a page that opens up to reveal some more small boxes that hold the Triple Driver accessories.

Specifications and Accessories

20160520_070519.jpg
    Accessories
    1X Pair 1MORE earphones
    1X Magnetic clasp carrying case
    6X Pair wide bore tips with protective grill (2X small, 2X medium, 2X large)
    3X Pair foam tips (S,M,L)
    1X Airline Adapter
    1X Shirt Clip
    1X Owner’s Manual

Housings
    20160520_070912.jpg
    The Triple Driver definitely resembles its cousin, the E0323. They have pretty much the same housing design. It’s a not only hybrid in terms of drivers, but also in the housing shape. It’s a lovechild between earbuds and in-ear monitors. The housing rests in the concha of the ear, and a nozzle is angled from the housing into your ear canal.

20160520_070649.jpg
    The triple driver is an all metal housing. They have a nozzle that is wider and longer than the average in-ear monitor. This makes tip rolling somewhat difficult, and prevents narrow bore tips from being used with the 1MORE earphones. Wide bore tips work great.

Cable, Y-Split, Cable Jack, Strain Reliefs
    20160520_071153.jpg
    A cloth covered cable spans from the cable jack to the Y-split, then splits into two rubber coated wires that lead to each housing. The cable is pretty standard in terms of it’s build quality. There is very little if any spring or memory. One thing to note, if you twist the cloth cable enough, it will eventually get a kink or two in it. Be careful not  to let the cable twist too much and this can be prevented.

The Y-split is a basic black metal jacketing that with rubber internals. The cable jack is straight 3.5 mm gold plated plug with a black metal jacketing. Strain reliefs are subtle but effective. If handled with a reasonable amount of care you should have no problems with the Triple Driver wiring.

Functionality
    20160520_071206.jpg
    The Triple Driver comes with a very nice three button microphone and remote about six inches down from the right channel housing. I tested the controls for both Android and Iphone. All three buttons work for both devices. The buttons are all the same size and are easy to locate and use. The microphone is average. When talking to friends and family, they confirmed that my voice came through at a three or four on a scale from one to five.

Ergonomics, Fit and Microphonics, Isolation
    20160520_071515.jpg
    The Triple driver has a very nice under the ear fit. The rounded earbud shape and in-ear nozzle creates a snug fit that doesn’t require much adjustment. They were easy to pop in and out with minimal hassle. Although I prefer an over the ear fit, I really enjoyed how easy these were to use.

The combination of wearing style and cable design do not mesh well in terms of microphonics. I couldn’t use the 1MORE for physical activities because of this. Any time the cable rubs against a surface it creates enough microphonics to alter the listening experience. Constant movement made the Triple Driver almost unlistenable for me.

20160520_070810.jpg
    With a good seal, the Triple Driver has better than average isolation for a universal monitor. The stock tips work great, but their shallow fit is in close proximity to the mesh grill of the nozzle. This creates concern about how it would impact sound down the road (because of ear wax build up). I did some tip rolling and found the JVC spiral dots to work great. They fit the nozzle easily, have a bore as wide as the nozzle and seemed to create a shallow vacuum like seal. Your mileage may vary

Sound Review
    I did my demo with my usual gear. I used an LG-V10 for smartphone use, and either my Shanling H3 or iBasso DX80 DAP for high fidelity portable use. For desktop use, I used my Toshiba Satellite Laptop in combination with a ifi micro iDSD playing at 32/192 kHz. I tested them with several other sources as well. I used Google Music in its highest download quality (320 KBPS), and also streamed FLAC via Tidal streaming service. I also used purchased and downloaded tracks in MP3, FLAC, WAV and DSD. I make sure that any gear I test has sufficient playtime before writing a review.

I used my usual same songs for testing gear:
    “Limit to your love” by James Blake (bass speed, punch, response)
    “Doin’ it Right” by Daft Punk (sub bass)
    “Get lucky” by Daft Punk (bass to midrange transition resolution, male vocals)
    “Madness” by Muse (soundstage, separation)
    “Some nights” by Fun (soundstage and male vocals)
    “The soundmaker” by Rodrigo y Gabriela (texture and imaging)
    “Bassically” by Tei Shi (bass to midrange resolution, female vocals)
    “Skinny Love” performed by Birdie (female vocals, acoustic playback)
    “One” by Ed Sheeran (male vocals, acoustic playback)
    “Outlands” from the Tron Legacy Soundtrack (symphonic presentation, imaging)
    “Sultans of swing” by Dire Straits (detail, separation, balance)
    “And Justic for All” by Metallica (driver distortion, treble response, rock playback)
    “Ten thousand fists” by Disturbed (driver distortion, treble response, rock playback)

Note: Other tracks were used, but the listed songs were primarily used to assess and break down the gear’s response.

Source Selection
    The Triple driver comes in at a comfortable 32 Ohms, making it universally compatible with DAPs and smartphones. Because of their warm tilt and robust lower frequency range, they benefit most from a more neutral/linear source. A colored or bass boosted source will further emphasize an already somewhat bassy tuned earphone.

With my V10 and Shanling H3, the 1MORE was a dynamic and warm tilted earphone with plenty of clarity and detail at midrange and treble frequencies. With the iBAsso DX80, they sounded much more “middy” and smooth.

The forward bass tones of the Triple Driver makes these forgiving with poorly recorded music. They will scale up with better quality recordings and high bitrate files. Upgraded music files sound like they have more texture and increased soundstage. The 1MORE sounded excellent in combination with my LG V10 in HIFI mode. For best results, use the Triple Driver to stream music with your smartphone, or use them with your most linear sounding DAP  and high bitrate files in low gain.

Sound Signature
    1moreTripleDriver.png
    Big bass and clear mids/treble sum these up in a single sentence. They have that combination of slam and sparkle that makes them a joy to listen to. I would describe them as very musical without losing the micro details.

The 1MORE tuning almost falls into the basshead audiophile category. It is a very easy on the ears and I it works great for long listening sessions. They have a fatigue free sound that avoids being harsh or sibilant, while still sounding very adequate and extended at higher frequencies.

Over the course of using them, I found them to be a great tuning for commuting. Their superior isolation and bass forward signature helps drown out exterior noise. Throw in some very nicely detailed and textured upper frequencies, and we have a real winner here.

Bass
    The Triple driver doesn’t shy away from the low notes. There’s a responsive and dynamic subwoofer-like low end. Those looking for a more linear tuning will find these to be overly bassy. Those who prefer a more musical and powerful sound will like the combination of slam, tone, and texture. The 1MORE has fairly equal amounts of punch and rumble that I thoroughly enjoy.

The Triple Driver's sub bass tones are presented well. For a dynamic driver they are on the more responsive side of the spectrum. With a warmer source or bassy music, the 1MORE borders on being boomy. Fortunately, for the most part they push that boundary without going overboard.

Mid bass takes a small step forward from lowest of audible frequencies. It doesn’t seem to have any bleed, but it will occasionally cast a slight shadow over the lower midrange.

Midrange
    Starting with the lower midrange, the 1MORE has a warm tilt with some nice dynamics. The way the dynamic and armature drivers are tuned, the lower midrange sounds manage to be dynamic and natural at the same times. All tones in this range are audible and things like deeper male vocals avoid the being overly weighted or veiled. Piano notes and guitar chugs sound really good to my ears.

The 1MORE tuning has a slight recession from lower midrange down to about 1kHz, then has a plateau at around 3-4kHz. This lift gives the 1MORE a certain shimmer and energy to things like vocals (especially female vocals). High notes from pianos and strings instruments have an energy that is very enjoyable.

Treble
    If there’s one thing I feel 1MORE has figured out, it’s how to tune treble in an in-ear monitor. Just like the E0323 I previously reviewed, the Triple Driver has a treble response that is relaxed and extended at the same time. Looking at the graph, you would think that the dip at the 7kHz range would cause them to sound unnaturally smooth but that isn’t the case at all. The dip is masterfully done, preventing sibilance then rising back up at the 11 kHz range. The harshness from pronunciations of the letters S and T are eliminated, but cymbal crashes still sound fantastic.

Soundstage and Imaging
    The Triple driver bass sounds really good for its price range. The nice sense of extension on both ends and nicely detailed upper frequencies give them a better than average soundstage. Even still, the slightly boosted bass and dip at 7kHz prevents the stage from being massive.

Imaging is solid, but not what I consider to be elite. Your experience in terms of soundstage and imaging will depend on what source, music file and volume you listen at. At louder volumes the Triple Driver seemed to create the best sense of space. Your mileage may vary.

Comparisons
    1MORE E0323 ($70 to $USD USD on many sites)
    The E0323 and Triple Driver have more similarities than differences. First off, they both have almost identically built housings, with the Triple Driver being a fraction larger and consisting of higher quality materials. The cables, remotes, plugs are nearly the same, with the Triple driver being slightly higher quality materials used in this criteria as well.

Comparing the sound of the two, they measure somewhat similarly. They have similar slopes, accentuating the same frequency ranges while subduing others. Both earphones sound fantastic, but much similar to the A73 and A83 hybrids from Fidue, the extra armature of the Triple Driver creates an added level of extension and detail that the E0323 doesn’t offer. It isn’t significant but it’s definitely noticeable. Also, the Triple Driver has a slightly warmer and bassier sound.

Packaging and accessories on both are great. The Triple Driver gets a slight edge, offering some more tips than the E0323. In terms of looks, I far prefer the black/brass/charcoal finish and cable of the Triple Driver.

LZ A2 (Discontinued)
    The A2 is a legend in terms of price to performance. Sadly they have been discontinued. On a more positive note, there are rumors that a revised version of the A2 is in the works.

Comparing the two, The A2 has a little bit more sub bass and soundstage depth. Midrange on both earphones is eerily similar. The A2 has a slightly more relaxed treble region. Honestly, both earphones are excellent. At the moment this is a close contest, but at the moment I prefer the slightly crisper and more natural treble response of the Triple Driver.

In terms of packaging and accessories it isn’t even a contest. The A2 comes with no packaging and minimal accessories. The Triple Driver is the opposite, offering custom tips and plenty of extras.

Conclusion
    I knew the Triple Driver was going to be an excellent product, but the question that needed to be answered is how it would rank with the best earphones in its price range. At the time of writing this review, I consider it to be the best hybrid to fall under the hundred dollar price tag. 1MORE definitely has my attention. Not only do I highly recommend both of the 1MORE products I’ve reviewed, I am looking forward to seeing what else they can come up with in the future.

20160520_070912.jpg
    Thanks for reading and happy listening!
      Dsnuts, JimNoyd, bhazard and 2 others like this.
    1. JimNoyd
      I'm frequently surprised by the performance that these provide. I would expect these to be $400.
      JimNoyd, May 20, 2016
    2. PeterDLai
      I'm curious to know where you slot these in your earphone rankings (inside the Headphone Inventory section of your profile).
      PeterDLai, May 20, 2016
    3. waveriderhawaii
      Thank you.
      waveriderhawaii, May 22, 2016
  6. MMansell
    Beautiful Beast (for the money)
    Written by MMansell
    Published May 5, 2016
    Pros - Value!!! , Balanced & Clear Sound , Smooth And Extended Treble , Tough Cable , Accessories , Beautiful , Nice Imaging, Smartphone Compatible
    Cons - Built Quality? (see UPDATE section), Silicon tips not very secure, Average Isolation , Average Microphonics
    Quick Review

I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose (cause I heard sound engineers had approved them). I wanted a balanced to warm* sound. I think the sound is very balanced but maybe a little too clinical and not as warm as I wanted. those who say these have a bass bump, are probably using the wrong tip for their ears. it's very tip dependent.

*The definition of "Warm Sound" according to "Describing Sound - A Glossary": "Warm - Good bass, adequate low frequencies, adequate fundamentals relative to harmonics. Not thin. Also excessive bass or mid bass. Also, pleasantly spacious, with adequate reverberation at low frequencies. Also see Rich, Round. Warm highs means sweet highs.

Things I'd like to stay the way they are:

(+) 1. frequency balance (;means flat equalizer)

(+) 2. treble smoothness

(+) 3. clarity

(+) 4. imaging (how accurately you can pinpoint an instrument or sound)

(+) 5. cable design

(+) 6. tips variety

(+) 7. metal housing and color

(+) 8. leather carrying case

Things I'd like to change:

( - ) 1. I'd like better Isolation (though they're better than many other vented dynamic driver IEMs I think)

( - ) 2. I'd like a lower profile (so I can sleep on them :p )

( - ) 3. I'd like a better out-of-the-head feel (don't get me wrong though, they have better than average soundstage width)

( - ) 4. I'd like a narrower nozzle (deep insertion sometimes improves isolation)

( - ) 5. a tad more warmth would be welcome (for casual listening, not when you want a reference sound)

( - ) 6. I'd like less cable noise, though it improves a lot with the provided shirt clip

Conclusion:

I think they're well-built (judging by appearance at least), Very good and neutral sounding IEMs that could easily justify their price tag and more. I believe very few people will be not satisfied with their purchase. Also beware that these are not for bass-heads, as their bass is measured for flat  frequency response, not elevated bass sound. Though they respond well to equalizer change.

UPDATE:
    Since the grills are too close to the ear, ear wax gets in them more frequently than other earphones. I wash them with water and soap ( I'm careful about water not entering OFC ) ... but it's quite normal for the grill to get dirty ... what got me to update my review was that after two times of washing and drying, the grill came off! thankfully I was able to glue it back in there, but I was expecting better quality than this. maybe the soap had weakened it... Honestly, though metal grills are rare and most headphones use cheap stuff, but these are good and they should have glued it better.

Update 2:
    Turns out they're pretty power hungry (being a beast and all). Although they can be excellent with normal audio gear, I'd use a headphone amp, and and use it with high gain setting too(6 dB gain does the trick, in my experience) and they'd reveal even more detail than before.
  7. moedawg140
    Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
    Written by moedawg140
    Published Apr 5, 2016
    Pros - Beautiful presentation, clear and balanced, luxury at an affordable price
    Cons - The 1MORE Dual Driver embodies slightly more quantity of bass, so you may want to check that one out as well
    This will house the TL:DR version of my full review.  The main version is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/804053/review-1more-triple-driver-in-ear-headphone-with-in-line-microphone-and-remote.

Taken from the Final summary portion of the full review:

"These can be seen as top of the line earphones, regardless of the price.  The packaging, beautiful.  The literal message, thoughtful.  The construction of the earphone itself, inspiring.  The sound, bliss.  This is worth a listen and a purchase – for the amazing price of admission, why not?"

Hisoundfi likes this.