1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote

General Information

METICULOUS SOUND USING THREE DRIVERS- two balanced armatures and a separate dynamic driver deliver an extremely powerful yet intimate listening experience. Together they create a spacious and transparent feeling of having nothing between you and your music. Our patented armatures work together to deliver sizzling highs and can withstand extremely high input power without distortion. They have an extended frequency range up to 40,000 Hz to reproduce high-definition audio. Frequencies in this range add "transients," a sonic quality normally only heard in live music. The armatures are uniquely inset with durable silicone covers for lasting performance and resilience. Our patented triple layer diaphragm, with aerospace grade metal inside two outer layers of PET, a resilient polymer, greatly increases bass and midrange response time, definition, and fullness. ALUMINUM ALLOY BODY WITH KEVLAR CORE CABLE- high quality function matches form with a lightweight aluminum alloy body. The surfaces are precisely sand blasted and textured for aesthetic appeal and fingerprint resistance. Our cable consists of interior enameled copper wrapped around Kevlar fiber to greatly increase durability and tensile strength. Above the split, the surface of the cable is enhanced by TPE for softness and comfort, while the lower cable is covered with a braided layer of nylon for lasting resilience and tangle resistance. HEALTH CONSCIOUS COMFORT AND SONIC BALANCE- the oblique angles of these headphones align with the natural curve of your ears. Beyond comfort, the snug fit increases noise isolation, fullness, and bass. 1MORE'S commitment to a naturally balanced sound, without the harsh bass and treble boosting prevalent with other brands, produces a fully satisfying listening experience without the need for unhealthy volume levels or bass boosting. We truly want you to hear what your favorite artists intended you to hear while protecting your ears.

Latest reviews

Pros: incredible value for the build and sound quality
Cons: nondetachable cable. tips may be a bit big for some
Video review:

INTRODUCTION

1More is a company that has glowing reputation for making best bang for the buck products. With many requests for this review, I contacted 1More myself many time but received no response so I am going to give it a terrible review ! Jokes aside, I was fortunate enough to have one of my dear friend in the audio industry lend me their pair for the purpose of this review. I am skeptical of these cheaply priced multiple driver iems or headphones as much as I am skeptical of the expensive ones. With that being said, I did not expect much going into this, given that these were only $99 with triple drivers inside. I mean, imagine the corners they had to cut to bring the price down that much and still make profit. Short story shorter… they did not cut that many corners.

DISCLAIMER

This unit was lent to me by a friend in the audio industry for this review. I will be crying when I return them.

ABOUT 1MORE

from their website:

1MORE is a premiere consumer electronics audio company headquartered in San Diego, California. Our mission is to deliver superior quality headphones at an amazing value to customers, disrupting an industry where price hiking and design shortcuts are the norm.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

TECHNICAL DETAILS

• Frequency Range: 20-40,000 Hz
  • Plug: 3.5 mm Gold Plated
  • Color: Black With Brushed Gold
  • Triple driver: 2 balanced armature & 1 Dynamic
WHERE DO I BUY IT?

buy from here for best price

BUILD QUALITY

*Note: I was not provided with the full packaging and therefore do not know what else is included*

Pros: Aluminum housing with angled tips that feels premium in your ears.

Best carrying case for practicality and durability.

Cons: Tip may not fit for small ears, but if noble x or lz a4 fit you, it will be fine. nondetachable cable.

For $99, best build quality I’ve seen, period.

PRACTIALLY

THE FIT: Fits perfectly for my ears and I have average ears. Very comfortable in your ears, does not penetrate deep into your ears but stay in its place without falling off or being unstable

SOUND ISOLATION: Sound isolation is as good as the fit. If you can a good fit, these will isolate great. Outside noise isolates well too.

PAIRING: These are not hard to drive, they are driven well with a phone or a digital audio player, with latter being preferred due to better sound quality.

SUGGESTED USE: You can use these anywhere as you please, just not anywhere near your mom when she’s talking to you as you will get smacked for not answering.

SOUND QUALITY

LOWS – punchy and well extended. Clean and fast. Does not extend as much as the LZ A4 but goes head to head with the punchy and clean bass that the noble x has.

MIDS – Present but not midcentric like the noble x or lz a4 (with certain filters)

HIGHS – Well extended with a sparkle and airiness. Not the best treble by any means but first in this price range to give that wow factor.

SOUNDSTAGE/IMAGING/SEPARATION:

• Sound stage is inmate but imaging and separation is excellent and excels at this price range.
FINAL THOUGHTS

For what you pay for, you are getting a well rounded iem that does not excel in particular areas comp
Pros: Great build quality, impressive packaging, good value
Cons: Small sound stage, sound is too focused on the highs, unusual characteristics
Aesthetics:
The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose from, the leather carrying case is surprisingly nice, and the build quality of the product itself is outstanding. The aluminum finish is impressive, as well as the cable (particularly the section before the wire splits into two), and the inline mic.

Comfort:
Personally, I had no problems with the comfort and fit of this model. While they are not the most comfortable in-ear's I've used, I was satisfied. Other reviews point out that they can be uncomfortable for some over long periods of use, which I can imagine though I didn't have a problem.

Audio Quality:
This is why my review is only 3.5 stars - the lowest review these have received so far (as of 2/25/17). I really was not impressed by the sound quality. Maybe its because I had high expectations about the sound quality based on other reviews, or maybe my favorite music isn't what these do best, or it could be because I'm spoiled by my other headphones and speaker systems. Listening to my preferred types of music (acoustic instrumental stuff, classic rock, and some newer alternative stuff), I found that some of the detail of the the music was present, but it was delivered poorly. I'll elaborate:

-Sound stage: The sound stage on these is quite small, and unlike anything else I've heard (and not in a good way either). On this model, the larger drivers are mounted in the back of the unit while the smaller one is much further forward, and this has a poor affect on the sound stage. It almost sounds like the highs, mids, and lows each have a different sound stage. It made the 1MORE sound really weird and over focused on the highs.

-Highs: I didn't prefer the sound of the highs on these. The treble has a tinny sound that is somewhat muffled. The affect I noticed is almost like having really nice headphones or in-ear's that you know have great highs and treble, and plugging them into a crappy low quality source. Like I said, the highs are too prominent and out of balance.

-Mids & lows: The lower mids were ok once I moved past the highs. The sound was accurate and acceptable. The lows were also accurate, but I would have liked just a little more bass. I mean, I don't like excessive bass in headphones or IEMs, but the 1MORE's bass was bit quiet.

However, there is a redeeming feature with respect to audio quality: because there are three drivers, there is little to no distortion of highs or mids when you listen to something with a lot of bass. Specifically heavy metal songs with a lot of bass guitar and fast drum parts that might cause distortion or other inaccuracies on most in-ear's of this price range, sound great on the 1MORE's.

Conclusion:
The 1MORE Triple Driver was really nothing special as far as audio quality. While the average user who just wants something better than the earbuds included with their smartphone will be satisfied with this product, those of us concerned about audio quality will find these in-ear's have some weird traits. The sound wasn't even close to mediocre, and many people will like the way they sound. I tend to be very picky about sound quality, and their characteristics are just too odd for me compared to what I'm used to. While these in-ear's are marketed very well, are nice to look at, durable, and stylish, it seems the trade-off here is their lack of a smooth and accurate sound, which is the most important thing when buying any headphone or IEM in my opinion. If you agree, you can probably find something that sounds better for $99.
EZE99
EZE99
Redcarmoose
While it's perfectly acceptable for a newer member with no information in their profile to make an informative review, there are also no suggestions as to other purchases in the same price range offered. We are simply left wondering what would be a good way to get better sound for the money. Then the reviewer posts a list in the comments below which is a great way to make the review complete. All that is fine and well, and due to the hype going on with the Triples, we will probably see more reviews like this where maybe the signature just does not gell with what the owner was looking for. Personally I have never spent $100 and received so much sound quality. Still I simply like the signature. What I did find is they seem a little power hungry and need an amp to get to their best place sonically. Under amped they just simply sound different. They are not flat and offer a squiggly graph response, pull a couple frequencies and adding some frequencies in places then arriving at a stand out sound character maybe even slightly unique amongst many IEMs. And yes, it's true if a reviewer does not like the sound profile then even $50 would simply be too much money spent. Still as the reviews start to fall in place we are most likely going to find most reviews give the IEMs their deserved accolades.
Schwibbles
Schwibbles
I have to agree with your review. However I wish I had spent more time with them. I purchased mine on Amazon after seeing the rave reviews so I thought I'd give them a shot. I remember the bass and midbass hump overshadowing the midrange and the bass quality wasn't fantastic. I sent them back after 3 days. I wish I had really done some critical listening with them  to get a more detailed opinion.
Reactions: X1787X
Pros: Hold-on, an amazing new era is upon us
Cons: Slightly, yet ever so slightly dark for some
So if a hype train exists here, 1More's model number E1001 is the Flavor Of The Month. Still hype is a good thing when a product delivers a sound and build quality equal to what is said about it.

There are a gazillion great reviews recently for them so I'll just add some new ideas and thoughts here if I may.

Far from flat, there are a few different sonic aspects going on here, this animal contains a multifaceted sound. Not only do the Triple Drivers sound good, they play all the genres well. The IEM handles juice well, does not distort easy and gets louder than any human would need. They also have the uncanny ability to friend-up with a bunch of different audio equipment combos. It's maybe their " nothing not to like personality" that makes them so popular here. We are gifted with an overall warm response that just works for long listening runs. It's this same laid-back warmth that helps us enjoy the digital media so popular today. There is just something they do which smooths out any ruff edges upstream. So to summarize the signature it's both slightly warm and detailed.

Possible Conflicts:
Are there times when we have conflicting responses from three drivers not working well together? I don't know? One thing I do know is this IEM is miles and miles from the budget China offerings in 2007. So in that regard this IEM is special. To restate that concept, the IEM in question is representing a whole new world of audio value which simply didn't exist ten years ago. We live in fantastic times. The Triple Driver only makes you wonder what gifts are in store in future times ahead?

But Anyway:
When first reading about the 1More Triple Driver, I could not help but see folks describing the Piston 3 sound signature, and being they are made by the same company, it's easy to see why. Spending a year using the Piston 3 had me quite familiar with the impressive build and sound quality. Happily I can post the 1More company has gone and improved the midrange for their new $100 offering. Not only a dramatic mid-range improvement but they have taken the mids and made them the star of the show! Most of us Piston 3 owners affectionately describe the Piston 3 IEM as having a recessed midrange. Though due to many factors folks have fallen in love with what Pistons do for the cash spent. In many ways the Piston 3 and Triple Driver share the exact same form factor. So if you had good luck with Piston 3 fitting, this new IEM should be an easy move up. As far as marketing and product recognition 1More has made a rose gold and purple IEM that looks like nothing else offered for purchase. The IEMs are drastically lighter in weight than they look. Even the cable, though thicker, seems lighter than the Piston 3!

Three Times Better:
So in relation to the Piston 3, here we have a new IEM three times more expensive, yet it also sounds three times better. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Negatives:
I find it interesting to read how some folks post negative opinions on the sub-bass response? In my findings the Triple Drivers will deliver the bass better with an amp. I'm not saying these are not going to sound spectacular straight out of a phone, but amping simply takes these to the next level possible. And in direct defense I find the sub-bass to be simply enchanting on songs which hold those lower frequencies to display? In closer study I must verify any slight sub-bass issues are simply an opinion arrived by not trying the Triple Drivers with a quality amp module. Not only do the Triple Drivers offer a fantastic sub-bass but we find it slightly warm as well as defined and spatially accurate. Yes, it's not going to go to do the very-very bottom register of bass response, still? I challenge anyone to not find the sub-bass exceptional with the right equipment and music.

Interestingly I actually find the 1More IEM nice but nothing super-spectacular straight out of a phone. It's maybe that the total six drivers need some juice to wake? Still with the increase in powerful amplification everywhere you look, this is really a non-issue.

After reading a number of reviews and listening for myself, I did seem to notice how both the treble from the Piston 3 and Triple Driver hold the same treble personality to a point. Our win here is they have expanded the treble soundstage out farther giving us more treble detail as a result. This treble is nothing world-class or profound, but in context of what we are hearing it simply works out. The duo balanced armatures get us some nice detailed treble imaging from time to time, completely improving on the Piston 3's bread and water treble.

The Fit:
Details can be found in simple daily fit quality. The silicone tips just fit the IEM nozzle with the size being not too tight or too loose. Attention to detail seems to be found with how folks use the gold rod bars to get adjustment or readjustment. Just simple daily form factor qualities can make all the difference in the world and add to the overall ownership experience.

Value:
Are these going to be something to buy at this point? I guess it depends on how long you want to wait............maybe?It looks like 1More will have a five driver IEM out this time next year. Most agree the triple driver is better than the double driver. The question truly should be if the quad driver is going to be even better. Most of us know that driver numbers are not always the guarantee of sonic success. What most of us are looking for is just something different and just something with a nice character. So the different personality part, and the nice character part ARE found right here in this IEM.

Can't We All Just Get Along:
Surprisingly the Triple Drivers actually work really well un-amped from a lower output power,(Wolfson WM-1811) based Samsung tablet. It's really a surprising discovery just how they can mix and match at random. Many of us have found that stuff at times just doesn't have easy synergy together, but here we find it's one of this IEMs best points. So in conclusion it's easy to drive and enjoyable from a phone but is ready to scale up with any other device introduced.

Smoothness:
Can you have too much smoothness? Well, at times too dark CAN get boring though many of the newer headphones this year are introducing a detailed-dark. In many ways this detailed-dark is a great solution and can come off instantly likable. Whether it works for everyone is maybe a subject of personal taste?

Only One More!
I have pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll never find the perfect headphone, though it's been a fun ride. What I'm looking for now is personality. The Triple Driver is incredibly likable. It is easy to like but still holds it's own special personality. It also seems this personality is popular for many and one of the better values offered for the audio enthusiast today.

The Positives:

Plug:
3.5 mm
In-line Remote Control

Disclaimer:
Everybody has a different headphone signature taste. I purchased these with my own cash and luckily liked them. Your results may very.

DSC_0096.jpg
DSC_0037.jpg
DSC_0073.jpg
trip9.jpg

The Bottom Line:

Here we have here a perfect example of a slightly power hungry IEM. Though stellar with just a phone can excel to a better transient response with an amp. With an amp the Triple Driver will deliver a slight increase in detailed soundstage, better bass definition and cleaner highs.

In the end, who knew a value IEM would reach a level so sublime?

DSC_0004.jpg

FLAC Sound Files
Compact Disks 16 bit-44.1 kHz Redbook
tomscy2000
tomscy2000
I like the 1st, 3rd, 11th, and 16th pictures! They have great lighting!
Redcarmoose
Thanks, it was fun, glad you enjoy. The picture of all the tips in the holder has the tips that came on the IEMs in place of the 14.5mm tips. The IEMs are photographed primarily with 14.5mm tips as I was too lazy to put them back for the photo.
jdog
jdog

Comments

There are no comments to display.