Search results
  1. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by donunus In all fairness, I actually like reading what you have to say. I really don't get the attacking around here sometimes. Thanks, donunus, that's nice of you to say so. But it was pretty vicious there for a while - the entire old PH100 thread...
  2. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by donunus Something I noticed earlier with my dt440s... The udac connected to my modded audiolab integrated amp blew me away. My grin made me look like I was the joker and I was doing air guitar and air drums while having goosebumps all over. I then connected...
  3. userlander

    Shanling PH100

    Quote: Originally Posted by Ninkul DT880 still trumps the K701 in this setup. That's really odd. I would expect exactly the opposite. There's no substitution for first-hand experience, I guess.
  4. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by jp_zer0 Looking at the uDAC at 100 and fun at 400, I feel more of a reservation now. I won't have the same enthusiasm in recommending the uDAC. Yes it improves your sound over the onboard sound, but if there's any way at all to get the fun, you should do so...
  5. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by jp_zer0 You were right about the uDAC. Now don't get a stiffy the size of texas. That already happened - when I sold it. If it's any consoloation, it sounded even worse on DT880s.
  6. userlander

    hotaudio40 's amps

    Quote: Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict It's not called "uDAC" syndrome, it's called "FOTM", and I'm imagine that it does happen. But I disagree that the uDAC is FOTM (flavor of the month). It's a nice $99 DAC/amp and works well as a RCA line-out DAC. It's not a "giant killer", but...
  7. userlander

    Please help: Disappeared tenant, owing rent, some property left behind

    Quote: Originally Posted by batphink The first thing you should do is call the police. It's possible he disappeared because he got himself into trouble. You need to make it clear that if he was involved in something that you weren't and have no knowledge of it. They will also be able to...
  8. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by jp_zer0 on the uDAC the MS1's mids are more recessed, the highs are piercing and the bass is loose. On the FUN it's more even tempered. Sounds familiar - I just can't remember where I've heard that before.
  9. userlander

    Shanling PH100

    Quote: Originally Posted by Ninkul Eh, tight budget. Nothing really to compare to either. If you haven't heard better, the best is still the best . Planning on upgrading once money is flowing (unemployed <_<. The usual.. fresh out of uni and nobody will take me because of my lack of...
  10. userlander

    hotaudio40 's amps

    Quote: Originally Posted by pacmantravis Well, I just got a C2 and it's a definitel improvement over my old Millet Hybrid Max -- So I'm not sure that they are overrated. My C-2C definitely was. It didn't sound natural at all, like most of the hotaudio stuff tends to. The...
  11. userlander

    hotaudio40 's amps

    Quote: Originally Posted by pacmantravis I have the Dac-Extasy and can't say anything bad about it. To be fair, its my first DAC so I don't have anything to compare it to. Once I get more cash I am going to "upgrade" to an Audio-GD DAC19 and then I'll be able to tell how big the...
  12. userlander

    Shanling PH100

    Quote: Originally Posted by Ninkul Currently running my DT880/600 off it. Doesn't sound too bad, although highs feel a bit rolled off, which is probably one of the driving forces of the "narrow soundstage". I got it when i had my K701 since it was said by a couple of members to be a...
  13. userlander

    I think I have a problem :/

    Next time you take a break, just start listening to the classical when you go back. It'll sound so good, you'll then find it hard to go back to your other stuff. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  14. userlander

    Frustrated with Clip+

    As it sounds like you've figured out by now, mp3 -> flac is backward. You're just pointlessly increasing the file size (I think it might increase - I never actually tried it ). In the future, rip to FLAC, and then you can convert to whatever you want for your portable.
  15. userlander

    is skullcandy good?

    skullcandy + uDAC = win!
  16. userlander

    hotaudio40 's amps

    Quote: Originally Posted by EraserXIV if i use a portable amp like a pico, will i be bottlenecking it (aka will the portable amp be the weak link)? would i be better off just outputting it direct to headphones instead of feeding into a portable amp? i assume a desktop amp is...
  17. userlander

    hotaudio40 's amps

    Quote: Originally Posted by EraserXIV with the DAC-Extasy is it recommended to feed it to an amp? like DAC-Extasy -> Amp -> Headphone or is it recommended to just go straight to a headphone? like DAC-Extasy -> Headphone Better to use an amp, imho. But the Extasy has a little...
  18. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by tomb -sigh- "Buffer" is not "capacitor," they are two different things. A DAC can have an output buffer, output capacitors, or both. Capacitors are used to block DC, while allowing AC (the music signal) to flow through. Buffers are used to either provide...
  19. userlander

    Musical Fidelity V-DAC Owners?

    Quote: Originally Posted by dongringo Nice to hear that it pairs well with tube amps because I'm getting one on Friday to pair with a MAD Ear+ HD. Well, I'm kind of biased in favor of a tube sound, so YMMV. I think the V-Dac is in fact often perceived as a warmer dac, but I...
  20. userlander

    Musical Fidelity V-DAC Owners?

    Is V-Dac kind of an underrated DAC? I think it sounds fantastic - very open, airy, spacious and detailed - but I see a lot of comments intimating that it's not really that great. For $300 it seems like a steal. I'll trust my own ears and continue to enjoy it, but I was just curious as to...
  21. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by K_19 I've owned the DAC straight before and currently own the uDAC. I prefer the uDAC by sizeable margin personally because uDAC has more open, wider soundstage, better detail retrieval and stronger, more extended low end response. I loved the DAC Straight...
  22. userlander

    HD600 and Meier Corda Headsix ?

    Quote: Originally Posted by lazure Userlander - actually, I think a fair reading of my posts in this thread would indicate that I'm quite open to other possibilities. My reply to your first post criticitizing me was "Point taken." And in fact, I'm very impressed with everything that...
  23. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by CTechKid Its funny that you claim that this thread is 100 pages based on marketing proliferation, and yet you "wager" that the DAC STRAIGHT "would completely blow the uDAC out of the water" and all you use to support that statement is a copy/paste of Dave's...
  24. userlander

    FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Nuforce uDAC USB DAC AMP with line out and S/PDIF out

    Quote: Originally Posted by grokit We'll find out soon, as I have a uDac and a DAC STRAIT on order. I have a feeling that I will like them both, as they are very different products; YMMV. There doesn't have to be a "winner" here. I would guess that this thread can now be...
Top