Search results
  1. DayoftheGreek

    How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference

    http://www.treelobsters.com/2009/08/75-but-wait-theres-more.html   I actually thought this was really funny an immediately thought of this forum.  The disclaimer is too good.
  2. DayoftheGreek

    Testing audiophile claims and myths

    Quote: That sure as hell doesn't help sell $10,000 amps and DACs now does it?
  3. DayoftheGreek

    Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs

    Damn I miss having Recchi on Philly.  The guy is nothing but class.
  4. DayoftheGreek

    How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference

    Quote: Originally Posted by BIG POPPA The QLS-6 can speak for itself. You will have to audition it sometime? Just because you do not understand what it does, does not mean it doesn't work? With audio everybody has a different path to take. Very happy with mine. About 30 years in the...
  5. DayoftheGreek

    Rant : PC crash and reboot

    Quote: Originally Posted by beamthegreat Get a Mac, people!!! Only $200000000 dollars for inferior hardware, ignorance, and false sense of superiority? Count me in!
  6. DayoftheGreek

    Insane Clown Posse "music video" - Miracles

    I love how the entire internet is laughing at these guys.
  7. DayoftheGreek

    Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs

    Flyers you let me down. Now we have to win on sunday to make the playoffs. Ah!
  8. DayoftheGreek

    Question on the word meh

    It means I don't give a ****... kinda.
  9. DayoftheGreek

    What's the low down on Binaural Beats?

    I don't understand what the problem is here. Are we talking about different articles or what? Nobody says binaural beats don't exist. Its not even complicated or debated anywhere. Not even that article refutes that. In fact, it even gives an explanation of binaural beats. 1 tone in each each...
  10. DayoftheGreek

    What's the low down on Binaural Beats?

    Quote: Originally Posted by haloxt We're talking about the existence of the phenomena of binaural beats which is denied by that dumb article. Feel free to reread what I wrote, I'm not talking anymore to defend myself against people who can't read. The dumb article that...
  11. DayoftheGreek

    What's the low down on Binaural Beats?

    I didn't say anything about the measurements, or about the validity of binaural beats at all. However, you did you claim that you could prove this phenomena is real with an incredibly simple observation. You can make an EEG machine respond to all sorts of things, blinking lights, movement...
  12. DayoftheGreek

    How do I convince people that audio cables DO NOT make a difference

    Quote: Originally Posted by majkel The same way as you'd do when saying the Earth was flat. I do believe you meant round.
  13. DayoftheGreek

    Official Team BEER-FI (Beer Appreciation Thread!)

    I think Ruination is way harder to drink than Arrogant person. Both are awesome though. I finally got some Rogue Chocolate Stout and the Stone Old Guardian. I'm excited.
  14. DayoftheGreek

    Do you think you're done?

    Quote: Originally Posted by Young Spade Wow right now it seems like that's a really long time for me but I guess once you get really good, high end audio gear it takes longer to purchase/find the next "best" thing. I don't have any really high end stuff (I guess my new HF-2 might...
  15. DayoftheGreek

    Do you think you're done?

    I might get a uDac this summer, then call it quits for a while. I have been on pace to go about 1 year between audio purchases.
  16. DayoftheGreek

    Lady GaGa

    Quote: Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva haha, just because you dont like it doesnt mean its garbage. I can see you mainly listen to metal, and theres nothing wrong with that, because my main genre of music listening is also metal, everything from death metal to alternative metal. but...
  17. DayoftheGreek

    Cabling actuality

    Quote: Originally Posted by Covenant That's just the problem. Physics isn't currently understood. By some posters here... not at all.
  18. DayoftheGreek

    uh, anyone know what "that" carbon fiber laptop that rivals the macbook is?

    Quote: Originally Posted by Pepsi If only Mac OSX would just run on those things.. They do if you try hard enough. (I think it does anyway) Besides, lots of notebooks rival the mac book. For a much lower price too.
  19. DayoftheGreek

    health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?

    I have no idea. Although, I guess its because of the headaches. That would really bother me.
  20. DayoftheGreek

    Level of maths skill in the general public is depressing

    I can't wait until the "older generation" retires. I'm so tired of this "uphill in the snow both ways, sliderule, mental math, write a letter, computer are evil," stuff. Things will finally move forward. Also, a hell of a lot of jobs will open up. That's really the most important thing.
  21. DayoftheGreek

    health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?

    Quote: Originally Posted by steve333 The Stetzer Meter reads around 50-60 during the daytime in most of my outlets, right now at night I'm getting a reading of 200, even in my line conditioner. What? Perhaps the moon produces lots of EMF. Shield your entire house!
  22. DayoftheGreek

    Audible differences between WAV and FLAC?

    Quote: Originally Posted by Head Injury "Oh dear! I have so much money, and I simply cannot seem to stop remembering such a fact!" "My hero!" Your quote confuses me. Just so we are clear, I was quoting his idea and making fun of it. I despise the idea. As long as we are...
  23. DayoftheGreek

    Audible differences between WAV and FLAC?

    If the info is buffered, the jitter from the decode wouldn't matter at all right? Please stop saying open minded for things like 1+1=3.
  24. DayoftheGreek

    health issues associated with prolonged headphones use due to EMF pollution?

    Quote: Originally Posted by steve333 Thanks for the info. The flamers can flame all they want, I know I'm sensitive to EMF so I'm willing to try. You should probably go to a doctor with your EMF sensitivity. If you can actually legitimately feel EMF that could help medicine...
Top