Recent content by ooheadsoo
  1. ooheadsoo

    Pitbulls invade old woman's home, chew her face off

    Pitbulls are bred to fight other dogs, not humans. Aphex nailed it on the head, afaik. Pitbulls that show inclination to attack humans are put down by serious breeders.
  2. ooheadsoo

    Looks like I am picking up a Harbeth after all

    Advice - use them as surrounds and get the 40s.
  3. ooheadsoo

    Yamaha goes 11.2 with new receiver.

    If you already understand all about psycho-acoustics and blumlein recording techniques, my hat's off to you. But weren't you the one trying to say to me that EQ can work for a large area? The best it can do is make the best of a bad situation.
  4. ooheadsoo

    Steve Hoffman HeadFest DVD Available

    Yes, you're right, the video isn't bad, per se, it's just a conference. Still, that would be GREAT for compression, with 70% of the frame being static, and the remaining 30% still not being all that dynamic. It's a shame about the audio. Anyway, thanks again for the vid. It's great for those of...
  5. ooheadsoo

    Steve Hoffman HeadFest DVD Available

    The streaming version is very good for people with just a passing interest, but I still think there is room for an "inbetween" option. There is some room between the streaming quality and the dvd version - but torrenting the dvd is a little ridiculous given the quality of the video/audio...
  6. ooheadsoo

    Yamaha goes 11.2 with new receiver.

    Quote: Originally Posted by Prozakk It's designed to do what you say it can't. You can't deny it unless you try it. I haven't heard it, so I can't swear by it. I'm happy to sit in the sweet spot, and care less about the rest of the seating in my HT. Have had no complaints from...
  7. ooheadsoo

    Steve Hoffman HeadFest DVD Available

    Someone please compress this video, please, pretty please? It's not "DVD" quality, anyway. We're in it for the content. This thing would be perfectly fine in a 1cd size. Or even less, to tell the truth.
  8. ooheadsoo

    did u finish your steak everytime?

    30oz filet, I have to see that one!
  9. ooheadsoo

    Ricochet from a 50 cal sniper rifle...

    Quote: Originally Posted by marvin Don't see why .50 BMG (SLAP versions) can penetrate over 1" of RHA. Since .50 BMG is not designated as a pistol round, AP rounds are perfectly legal. I thought 1" was near the limit of what .50 BMG could do. Any more, and we'd be sniping...
  10. ooheadsoo

    Yamaha goes 11.2 with new receiver.

    I doubt the presence channels will be that fancy. That's a heck of a lot of sound engineering just for the home video market.
  11. ooheadsoo

    High Resolution Bookshelf Speakers with Deep Bass

    SP Tech Timepiece Mini goes to 40hz, and hits very hard and clean, from what I've heard from their other designs. If you can spring for the full fledged Timepiece, it goes down to 30hz anechoic. Some of the most amazing bass I've heard. And yes, they're extremely high resolution. I have a SP...
  12. ooheadsoo

    Ideas for Powering AV123 X-LS

    Have you tried searching the av123 forums?
  13. ooheadsoo

    PSB Speakers

    I know PSB has a lot of stuff on paper going for him, but his speakers disappointed me greatly. Those reviews touting PSB's credentials got to me, too, when I decided to buy the Image 2b. Box coloration doesn't always make itself obvious on all types of recordings, but it was the first thing I...
  14. ooheadsoo

    PSB Speakers

    I trust the X-LS designer a lot more than I trust PSB, having owned the Image 2B, years ago. The PSBs had very boxy coloration, for lack of a better description. I don't know how the designs compare to each other in bass extension or output, but you can always add a subwoofer later for lower bass.
  15. ooheadsoo

    Von VR-1 vs Pardigm S2 vs ??

    Yes, the current price is killer, although the special ends today, and the lead time is already 8 weeks. Even when the special price ends, it's still a great price, imo, for the engineering you get. I think the price is going circa $2k when it goes dealer wide. They do have the 30-day return...
Top