Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Mar 29, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #6,001 of 6,090
Lost one of the largest stock tips for my Tenore's today :frowning2:

Dont know how to go about sourcing the exact stock replacement from them, given they are a japanese firm. Any suggestions for something that fits and seals similar to the largest one? I still ahve one of the two tips for reference, but aren't a lot of places near me I could go to find similarly matched tips.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #6,002 of 6,090
  Lost one of the largest stock tips for my Tenore's today :frowning2:

Dont know how to go about sourcing the exact stock replacement from them, given they are a japanese firm. Any suggestions for something that fits and seals similar to the largest one? I still ahve one of the two tips for reference, but aren't a lot of places near me I could go to find similarly matched tips.

I ditched the stock tips for the JVC Spiral Dots, Absolutely love them.

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #6,005 of 6,090
Hi guys! Just got my pair of tenore's today and I cannot describe how amazing these sound. Im a happy little boy right now :DDD
Btw for sharing some good info, I used the KZ ZS3 medium sized tips for the tenore and they gave me a perfect deep fit in my ears. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #6,006 of 6,090
Are the Tenmak Pros worth trying if you have the Tenore and Basso?

I believe the tennmaks' are worth TRYING out for a listen. But if you are saying like you are getting the tennmak as an upgrade, I think it is not worth it. Even though I have never heard how the tennmak sounds like before but from reviews and comparison from other forums the tennmaks' treble is slightly dark which could have the same degree of darkness to the tenores' treble

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #6,007 of 6,090
My tenores just died after 2 years. It's accidentally been through the washer a couple of times and the cable strain relief has given way. I'm thinking of getting another pair, but I'm also tempted to get an upgrade for these. Any recommendations?

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #6,009 of 6,090
My tenores just died after 2 years. It's accidentally been through the washer a couple of times and the cable strain relief has given way. I'm thinking of getting another pair, but I'm also tempted to get an upgrade for these. Any recommendations?

Probably wouldn't recommend spending any more than Tenore for something with a high likelihood of ending up in the laundry :D

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #6,010 of 6,090
Buy the Carbo Mezzo - this is a Tenore on Adrenaline with High Res Certification. It beats the Tenore in every way. Resolution, Dynamics and Stage

To the best of my knowledge it seems like the Mezzo is only available in Japan. I've tried purchasing through Amazon JP but it only ships to addresses in Japan. How did you buy yours?

Probably wouldn't recommend spending any more than Tenore for something with a high likelihood of ending up in the laundry
biggrin.gif

I never actually considered that. Thanks for the suggestion 
biggrin.gif

Edit: I am the previous person who asked for advice. I have multiple accounts because I use multiple devices and sometimes I forget my username and password lol. Wasn't aware that I was automatically logged in to another account.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #6,011 of 6,090
I am located in Austria and bought it from Amazon Japan via Global Service. Alternative you can buy it on ebay.
It is on the same level like Audio Technica CKR9 or CKR10. The Mezzo is currently the best product of Zero Audio independent of it's low price of 5.000 yen.

Apr 8, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #6,013 of 6,090
I just had a family break through. My wife tends to listen to mid grade over the ear headphones when we travel on planes. Said she finds IEM units too hard to fit her ear.

Gave her my Carbo Tenores with the JVC Spiral Dots (ML size for what its worth). And......she liked it. Trying to wean her slowly into higher fidelity.

These are my knock around units and even though I have some really great stuff these have their place. I leave them permanently in my briefcase because I won't freak out if I lose them but they sound great with phones and good DAP units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back