Woo Wes or BHSE
Feb 17, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #46 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by forbigger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sprit - for the sake of information wise and a dumb guide for stats amps, how would you ranks those stats amp in terms of sq overall ? I'm asking this question to you because you're among the stats guru who happens to hear it all.

You do realize you're asking the one person who hasn't actually heard either amp, WES or BHSE?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #47 of 161
Both are great amp. It really comes down to taste from what I read.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #48 of 161
I would go for the WES for the simple fact that the lead time is much, much shorter and if I were you I want to be able to use that O2 ASAP. Forbigger waited 4 months for his KGSS IIRC (you can correct me if I'm wrong Bud
tongue.gif
).

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #49 of 161
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You do realize you're asking the one person who hasn't actually heard either amp, WES or BHSE?
very_evil_smiley.gif

U kid me not......don't trust you
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would go for the WES for the simple fact that the lead time is much, much shorter and if I were you I want to be able to use that O2 ASAP. Forbigger waited 4 months for his KGSS IIRC (you can correct me if I'm wrong Bud
tongue.gif
).

close to 3 months actually. around 1 month delay from the originally agreed time of completion. Not bad actually

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #50 of 161
Thanks all who contributed to this thread. Your comments were extremely valuable. Based on general feedback, both the KGBH SE and Woo Wes seemed to be quite close in performance and price, but I finally decided to acquire a Woo Wes primarily because of the much quicker delivery time.

With this acquisition I am hoping that there will be no significant weak link in my new stat set-up so that I can just get down to enjoying the music.....

Jul 25, 2011 at 3:51 AM Post #51 of 161
Time to revive this thread - has anyone tried both the BHSE and WES on the SR-009? Which of them has a better synergy with the 009?

Aug 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #52 of 161
Exactly what I want to ask because I'm going to get the SR-009 and don't know what amp I should get to power it
confused.gif
. My only concern with the BHSE is the frequency response (5-20,000Hz). Apparently the SR-009 has a frequency response of (5-42,000Hz) and some guy elsewhere said the amplifier should have a better frequency response than the headphones. Because the BHSE's frequency response is lesser than that of the SR-009's would that mean the BHSE can't push it to it's full potential
confused.gif
? Anyway about the WES does anyone know what the frequency response of that is
confused.gif
? I e-mailed Woo Audio about it but I got no reply
frown.gif
. If only my RP-1000 was an electrostatic amplifier because that thing apparently has a frequency response of 100,000Hz
mad.gif
. With all this frequency response stuff apparently people can't hear any higher than 20,000Hz anyway so what's the point after all
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #54 of 161
Linearity is much more important than frequency response.

Would you rather have an amp that goes up to 50kHz but is all over the map or one that goes to 20kHz but is ruler-flat?

Also, I would not be surprised if the BHSE is flat out beyond 20kHz. But there's not much point in measuring it since no one can hear it and 99% of what's on a recording will be well under 20kHz. You don't find much beyond 15kHz.

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #55 of 161
I'd test my RP1000 MKII to see how high all that frequency stuff really goes but how would I do that
confused.gif
? If other amplifiers do it why couldn't the RP1000? I'm going to hang on to it for my HD800's because otherwise I'll only have my X-Can V3. Anyway Uncle Eric I thought about that as well... what's the point of going beyond 20Hz if you can't hear it. Spritzer just to ask have you even heard the RP1000? [size=smaller]Bandwidth[/size]:  2-120.000 Hz  0.05db. That's apparently his newer one. Secondly don't be mean because all that I said is what other people said or couldn't you figure that out
mad.gif
. Just for anyways I got an e-mail from Woo Audio after all-
"It is about 10hz to 35khz."
If anyone was wondering
wink.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #57 of 161
Oh alrighty then
eek.gif
. It looks like I'll still get the BHSE (I'll order that tomorrow) and if it's true about Rudi lying about his stuff how can he get away with it
mad.gif
? Maybe it'll be like buying a Ferrari and getting a Datsun with a Ferrari body-kit
tongue.gif
. Surely there has to be something the people who bought his stuff can do. Would it be like buying fakes? Oh well maybe I'll just stay away from Rudi for now on but then again with the BHSE I won't be buying a new amp for a long time anyway... unless of course a new BHSE comes out
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #58 of 161
Could amplifiers reach 100,000 hz ?  My old Harmon Kardon amplifier had such claim.  Live music goes beyond human hearing limit and to reproduce that would give similar "live" feeling.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back