Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
May 22, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #39,691 of 42,299
Is it better to use single end from Yggy to Woo and let the Yggy do the conversion?
Or use the balanced and let the Woo do the conversion?

Use the yggy balanced out.
It has the better sound.
A bit louder, and larger sound.

If you can't hear the difference,
You can either blame your setup,
Or,
Take it as a plus to not have to keep improving your setup since there no difference for you.
Either way is fine.

Otherwise, it is already been stated long ago in the yggy threads,
that the balanced output are better.

If your system is very resolving you will hear quite a difference.
So let the amp get the balanced and do what is has to do.

Those woo setups are nice.

May 31, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #39,693 of 42,299
Tube rolling aside, which Woo amp is more pleasantly euphonic and musical with the HD800S, the WA2, the WA22, or the WA6SE? I have a balanced source but don't feel compelled to use it. I listen to jazz, pop, and classical.

I'm suffering badly from the My-Music-Is-Accurate-But-Deadly-Dry-Transistor Blues. Make my life richer, more vivid, and more fun with your advice!

May 31, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #39,695 of 42,299
Thank you. I never have the money, but that's beside the point by now. :)

May 31, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #39,697 of 42,299
Tube rolling aside, which Woo amp is more pleasantly euphonic and musical with the HD800S, the WA2, the WA22, or the WA6SE? I have a balanced source but don't feel compelled to use it. I listen to jazz, pop, and classical.

If you have a Balanced source then go with the WA22. You can also add a preamp function as a custom option when ordering from Woo directly. Tons of info on tube rolling and when you get bored of that you can also play around with the caps.

There are also other options like Glenn custom amps or Eddie Current Zana Deux.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #39,698 of 42,299
Hello,

Is there some who has compare Brimar 5R4GY, miniwatt GZ32, Frive 5R4GY, Brimar 5Z4GY, ?
Well the first is higly priced ... and the two others could be some under dogs :)

Specially for a wa6se :)

I've tried the last 3. Brimar 5Z4GY beat the other two by a large margin.
The other two sounded closed. Almost congested.
Brimar was far more holographic and open.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #39,699 of 42,299
Contrails are you interested in the Auralic Vega DAC?

I might get a Yaggy.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #39,700 of 42,299
Any other information, impression or whatever about WA33, I have preorder the amp, but I am dying to get any impression on it...

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #39,703 of 42,299
Any other information, impression or whatever about WA33, I have preorder the amp, but I am dying to get any impression on it...

I heard the WA33 with the Focal Utopia at the CanJam SoCal and I listened to the most life-like rendition of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' that I've ever heard. At the LA Audio Show I heard the WA33 with the MrSpeakers Ether Flows and that was a very nice combo as well. Good bass, life-like midrange and smooth, non-fatiguing treble.

Jun 9, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #39,704 of 42,299
I heard the WA33 with the Focal Utopia at the CanJam SoCal and I listened to the most life-like rendition of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' that I've ever heard. At the LA Audio Show I heard the WA33 with the MrSpeakers Ether Flows and that was a very nice combo as well. Good bass, life-like midrange and smooth, non-fatiguing treble.

Hearing that what you say, made me can't wait for the preorder waiting time.. I want it arrive as soon as possible because i am so curious with the sound and can't imagine how could my hek v2 sound with this amp, because i found my hek doesn't sound as good as people say from WA6SE. But at the other hand I don't have that much money at this time to pay the balance. So I just gambling and make pre order hoping that when the time comes, I can get that much money without interfere my bank balance....

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #39,705 of 42,299
@joseph69 it's a very good DAC indeed. I ended up getting the level 3 and the SU-1 as well. Surprisingly, a big step up from a Metrum Musette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back