What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now?
Aug 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #423 of 492
Sony MDR V6 connected via its ⅛"  plug to an Orei DA21 Optical SPDIF/Coaxial Digital to RCA L/R Analog Audio Converter. The Orei DA21 in turn is connected to an iMac audio port using a Blue Jeans Optical SPDIF Digital Audio Cable, using a female TOSlink/male ⅛" plug adapter.

Aug 28, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #425 of 492
Using the Sony Extra Bass MDR-XB450

And yeah....it sucks. 

There's nothing to it. If you've heard Beats solo you've heard these. The only saving grace is that they were $50 cheaper than Beats. Still felt like I paid too much.

I wanted a cheaper headphone that got the job done. But apparently Best Buy fooled me again. 

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #429 of 492
Singxer SU-1>Gustard X20>NFB1-AMP>HE-560

Sep 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #430 of 492
My dearly beloved XB700s came back into my possession after years spent with a friend. This was the headphone that started it all for me, so it's sorta got sentimental value to me.

Amazingly, I don't think they sound like crap. At all. In fact, for what they are, I think they are a very, very competent headphone. Yeah, mids suck, and treble is a bit bright, but the overall tonal balance is pretty satisfying for what kind of headphone it is. And the bass is clean. Like, absurdly clean. I thought I would find them muddy and lacking articulation, but I don't.

They are a little fatiguing, though. There's SO much bass. I can't believe I used to EQ the bass up.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back