Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
May 21, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #3,005 of 3,631
so it's either V2S or Zishan Z1?
between those, what's better choice?

thanks!

Sorry I don't have any of them but the latest V2. The main advantage of Z1 over the V2s is the DSD playback

May 21, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #3,006 of 3,631
Does the soldered opamp version of V2 sound too different from the the first original one? I have the latest V2 with the soldered opamp and find them decent for my earbuds but not powerful enough for my RE0 and Sony mdr100aap.

The volume knob doesn't respond when I pass the half way of it and starts to distort. Is this normal? Can someone do a brief comparison between the original and the soldered version? Thank you
I have this version of the Walnut. I don't think what you are experiencing is right. I have the Hi-Fiman Re-00 (massdrop one, is that similar?) and it is plenty loud at 1/3 the max volume.
I would say to check the digital volume and see if it is all the way up, but I think it should reset to max anyway every time you turn it back on. I would contact seller if you just bought it.

Last edited:
May 21, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #3,009 of 3,631
I have this version of the Walnut. I don't think what you are experiencing is right. I have the Hi-Fiman Re-00 (massdrop one, is that similar?) and it is plenty loud at 1/3 the max volume.
I would say to check the digital volume and see if it is all the way up, but I think it should reset to max anyway every time you turn it back on. I would contact seller if you just bought it.

from twitter, there is one used claiming she can use v2 as usb dac:

in case you thought i was LYING about walnut v2 being a USB DAC: pic.twitter.com/wUlfyHJ28L

I'll check with the digital volume and USB DAC function tonight and let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back