Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
May 20, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #2,986 of 3,631
Voice prompt means when you do certain operations it says something. Like when you turn on the unit "chinese, chinese chinese"

Long press forward "something something"

Clicking mode and eq each time it will say something.

I'll try to open when I have time.
Silly me...I thought voice prompts meant that you had to speak Chinese to it like a little robot and then it would follow your command! Hahaha. Man, what was I thinking, I was so confused!!!

May 20, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #2,987 of 3,631
How do you find the sound? We are in need of reviews:deadhorse:

Ok for the sound it is more refined than the first V2. It still has the warmish sound sig but softer

It may give an impression of weaker output than the V2 but just because the sound is cleaner, more refined.

Soundstage in my opinion is still the same.

If I choose V2 vs V2s on SQ alone. I go with V2s.

May 20, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #2,989 of 3,631
Hey not a bad idea for screenless dap. Cortana or Siri assistance :)

Walnut, play Eels. Cannot find Eagles. Walnut, I said play Eels. Playing Beatles. Walnut you moronic paperweight play the goddamn Eels before I throw you out a window. Cannot find Godsmack.

May 20, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,990 of 3,631
Walnut, play Eels. Cannot find Eagles. Walnut, I said play Eels. Playing Beatles. Walnut you moronic paperweight play the goddamn Eels before I throw you out a window. Cannot find Godsmack.

android-voice-commands.jpg

May 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #2,991 of 3,631
Silly me...I thought voice prompts meant that you had to speak Chinese to it like a little robot and then it would follow your command! Hahaha. Man, what was I thinking, I was so confused!!!
"Walnut V2s, play rap music, turn on my laptop and get my laundry started"

May 20, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #2,993 of 3,631
Hello everybody. Today i purchased Walnut v2s in Aliexpress. Asked the seller if the voice promts is only in chinese. He said yes, but if you want we can change the language. So im waiting for v2s with english voice :)
Hopefully that means if we get Chinese there is a way they can send us a firmware file to flash to English ourselves. Chinese won't cut it for me and sending back to have it done is too expensive.

May 20, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #2,994 of 3,631
Just got my Nut!!! It's the old ver V2 with the hold switch. Yet to try though ... charging it first.
Will changing just the Opamp makes a big diff? Any suggestion? Love vocals, opera, R&B and Korean OST ...

Looking at either the Philips NE5532AN or the the AD825AR

Thanks
Anyone switched opamp in their Nut? Mind sharing what you have in there? Thanks ...

May 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #2,995 of 3,631
Anyone switched opamp in their Nut? Mind sharing what you have in there? Thanks ...

You can get a number of impressions on some of the earlier posts - somewhere in the range of Page 40 - 80 of this thread.

May 21, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #2,997 of 3,631
Since the Walnut V2s is actually a completely different beast (playing more formats than MP3 & WAV, having USB DAC, & EQ), I wonder whether there shouldn't be a separate thread - to keep from confusing the feature sets of the V2 and V2s?

May 21, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #3,000 of 3,631
Does the soldered opamp version of V2 sound too different from the the first original one? I have the latest V2 with the soldered opamp and find them decent for my earbuds but not powerful enough for my RE0 and Sony mdr100aap.

The volume knob doesn't respond when I pass the half way of it and starts to distort. Is this normal? Can someone do a brief comparison between the original and the soldered version? Thank you

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back