VSonic GR07 wire colour scheme / rewiring HELP NEEDED BAD!
Feb 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bunsco

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

My beloved Vsonic GR07s have bit the dust so I need to replace the jack.

I'm just wanting a fighting chance to fix these babies as there appears to be a lack of London or UK based rewires about here.

On cutting the cable down I see the wire is constructed of what appears to be a red wire which I think is the 'red' of the red stripe that runs Down the whole wire, a light blue, a white, what appears to be a stripped copper and what I think is a pale green wire.

Is anyone familiar with this colour setup? as I want to at least attempt to fix it myself before shelling out for what would be a third pair and I have absolutely no idea what colour wire should be soldered to what. :frowning2:

Any help would be most greatly appreciated.

Nat

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 8
In general, the red is the "R", blue is the "L" and the copper wire is the ground. The jack has three parts, the outer one is "L", center one is "R" and then the ground. Hope these help.
L3000.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for getting back to me, but as anyone who owns the vsonics know - the 'red' strip is sort of housing all the other wires stated in the original post - im not sure if it even plays a role in the soldering process.
My problem is identifying the (what appears to be) the light blue, white, stripped copper and what I think is a pale green wire.

Mar 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 8
I was literally about to start this exact thread and saw this.  I am also very interested in their cabling scheme as the cable around the jack on mine have also died.

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #5 of 8
Can you try passing some signal through random pair of the wires and see which pair generate the sound to which earpiece? Without soldering of course. I would used something like alligator clips to do so.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 8
ive since put them in a drawer...they sounded good but i gave up even using the method you described...every man has to know his limitations lol ....i did find a headfier who offers a recabling service...thus they were not thrown away

Users who are viewing this thread

Back