VOX: Mac OSX Music Player
Dec 6, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #91 of 101
This is now my music player of choice on my Mac!  So glad it supports synchronizing the sample rate when playing.  Works wonderfully on my lossless music.

Thanks much! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #92 of 101
Is there any way to adjust custom frequencies in the EQ? I noticed VOX seems to only allow adjusting of preset frequencies in the EQ.

I'm enjoying VOX these days. It sounds just as good as Amarra, IMO yet the interface is soo much better. It even has crossfade features. 

Mar 12, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #93 of 101
I'm re-posting this from another thread..

Something strange has happened to my listening experience over the last few days. I have been using JRMC as my player of choice for a few years now and, because it's an old version (and a Windows port to boot) it 'breaks' occasionally. It broke again last week and I just can't be bothered fixing it. I downloaded Vox to use until I finally do the big re-install (big because I have custom views set up that aren't simple to set up).

Vox sounds better, by quite some margin. There's more detail, it's smoother & less fatigueing. I have no idea why this should be the case. I've tried Vox in the past and, although I was a big fan of the interface, it didn't seem to have the resolution of JRMC. That seems to have changed. My wife also agrees, even although she dislikes headphones generally.

I should also add that I somehow missed the in-built ability for Vox to use Audio Units. This was a big issue for me in the past because I have become accustomed to using Sonarworks with my HD 650's. It's great to know I can now use Sonarworks but there's a problem. For some reason Vox seems to forget on restart which Sonarworks preset I'm using so that, if I don't select the preset before playback, the sound is way too loud. Dangerously so.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

May 31, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #94 of 101
Has anyone done any audio quality comparisons of VOX vs. Amarra? I own both but like the VOX interface soo much better. I just wonder if I'm sacrificing anything in using it, sound quality-wise.

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #97 of 101
Holy ****! Swinsian is amazing! I've been looking for this very app for years. Was suffering with an ancient version of Decibel. Thank you thank you thank you!

No EQ kills it for me.

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #98 of 101
No EQ kills it for me.

Sorry, but that is a complete troll post. Vox supports VST/AU plug-ins, and there are MANY very high quality EQ plug-ins available.

I don't use Vox, but just saying...

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #99 of 101
Sorry, but that is a complete troll post. Vox supports VST/AU plug-ins, and there are MANY very high quality EQ plug-ins available.

I don't use Vox, but just saying...

Actually it's you who is trolling. As I was clearly referring to Swinsian and even quoted that.

I would advise you next time you want to try to call someone a troll, try to know what you're talking about otherwise you come across looking like a total fool as you do now.

That said, VOX still does not have custom EQ, only preset frequencies you can adjust, not your own set frequencies.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #100 of 101
Swinsian is garbage & the developer is the most unco-operative develoer I've ever interacted with. The lack of AU support, any credible internal EQ and most importantly to me, the lack of folder navigation kills it. Vox is miles ahead in every department. Still not perfect but good enough. I do wish there were a Mac equivalent of Foobar though. I'd even pay money for it.

Jul 10, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #101 of 101
Swinsian is garbage & the developer is the most unco-operative develoer I've ever interacted with. The lack of AU support, any credible internal EQ and most importantly to me, the lack of folder navigation kills it. Vox is miles ahead in every department. Still not perfect but good enough. I do wish there were a Mac equivalent of Foobar though. I'd even pay money for it.

cue files support is spotty at best still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back