[2021 Update] Venture Electronics (VE) Monk V2, Monk Plus & Monk Go: a $5 earbud that taking the world by storm!!!
Jul 6, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #7,081 of 7,442
It is hard to tell... but does the Makka Limited Edition Monk have a unique shell color? I bought these second hand... because I thought they would be the same shell color.

I'm hoping they're the same shell... and it is a "filter" on my S8+ that is making the colors different.
The Makka Limited Edition (Blood Orange) Monk Plus utilizes the same color shell as the Exclusive Red.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #7,082 of 7,442
Do I have a reputation or something? lol. I got the SE. I do have tons of balanced plugs to swap with it though, so... will see.
Just a question, based on your prior posts, not about reputation or anything of the sort. I purchased SE's also.

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #7,083 of 7,442
Just a question, based on your prior posts, not about reputation or anything of the sort. I purchased SE's also.

Lol. I was just asking, 'cause Lee himself seems to drop my name a lot about people re-cabling his stuff and the what not. Which, I admit. I've picked up about 10+ pairs of Monks from him and a few pairs of Zen.. and have re-cabled almost everything. Haha.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #7,084 of 7,442
Lol. I was just asking, 'cause Lee himself seems to drop my name a lot about people re-cabling his stuff and the what not. Which, I admit. I've picked up about 10+ pairs of Monks from him and a few pairs of Zen.. and have re-cabled almost everything. Haha.
Yep - prior posts - I've read about your re-cabling. :smiley:

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #7,085 of 7,442
The new SPC Edition and Full Clear Monk Plus earbuds are ordered!

Please...

sigh, opens wallet :p

also, did anyone notice that the asura also became SPC?

1499303092981_91843019.jpg

been wanting to buy an asura for a while now but didn't like the L plug, but this looks nice, wonder how the new cable will affect the sound, for the better probably

Jul 6, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #7,086 of 7,442
I just ordered the Asura 2.0s, and am curious to hear them.

I have to stop buying these things..... I buy two of each color in case one breaks, though none have ever broken. It's getting ridiculous. Whenever I see a new color or edition I feel compelled to buy them. :sweat:

Jul 8, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #7,088 of 7,442
Before posting the Full Clear and SPC Edition Monk Plus' (dispatch email was received today), I'd like to show my newest Monk Plus and adapter that came in the mail a little while ago.

VE Monk Plus Standard Edition Transparent 2.5mm Balanced
IMG_1441.JPG

The above comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, but the custom-made Litz Adapter, is much better, in my opinion. The 2.5 jack of the Litz Adapter is solid, and the Litz cable and red connector is nothing short of snazzy.

VE 2.5 Balanced to 3.5 SE Litz Adapter
IMG_1484.JPG

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #7,089 of 7,442
I just ordered the Asura 2.0s, and am curious to hear them.

I have to stop buying these things..... I buy two of each color in case one breaks, though none have ever broken. It's getting ridiculous. Whenever I see a new color or edition I feel compelled to buy them. :sweat:

I am sorry that they never broke~:floatsmile: but I can't make a biz out of this if they break every other month , I meant after all, they are like my walking advertisement~ won't be anything effective if they stop working rite?

cheers

Lee

p.s. thx for the support brother~

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #7,090 of 7,442
Before posting the Full Clear and SPC Edition Monk Plus' (dispatch email was received today), I'd like to show my newest Monk Plus and adapter that came in the mail a little while ago.

VE Monk Plus Standard Edition Transparent 2.5mm Balanced

The above comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, but the custom-made Litz Adapter, is much better, in my opinion. The 2.5 jack of the Litz Adapter is solid, and the Litz cable and red connector is nothing short of snazzy.

VE 2.5 Balanced to 3.5 SE Litz Adapter
nice photo man~can't wait to hear what u think of the SPC ones

cheers

Lee

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #7,091 of 7,442
nice photo man~can't wait to hear what u think of the SPC ones

cheers

Lee
Thanks! I was seriously considering shipping the two Monk Plus' to my hotel in London since I'll be there for the next 9 days, but I didn't want there to be any chance of me possibly not getting them - so I won't get to have them until I get back to Southern California in a couple of weeks.

I'll be showing the VE lineup that I own at CanJam London, including the Monk Plus Transparent and Makka Limited Edition (Blood Orange) Monk Plus.

Take care, you're the man!

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #7,092 of 7,442
I am sorry that they never broke~:floatsmile: but I can't make a biz out of this if they break every other month , I meant after all, they are like my walking advertisement~ won't be anything effective if they stop working rite?
The quality is fine, it is me that is the hazard...... I work around chemicals and with tools, so damage inflicted by me is always a possibility.

BTW, I gave some Monk+s to a couple of our new hires for Christmas. They are in their early-mid 20's so are used to listening to Apple earbuds and seem to love Bluetooth IEMs. They were very impressed, and said that everything sounded so clear. Of course, I then had to buy more purple since I gave my backups away......... :confounded:

Jul 8, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #7,093 of 7,442
Of course, I then had to buy more purple since I gave my backups away......... :confounded:

Sounds like me. I buy 4-5, give them all away. Re-cable 1 or 2 and realise I don't have any stock ones... so I have to order more. lol.

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #7,094 of 7,442
Got my SPC monks today. Ordered them Thursday night, got them Tuesday afternoon. That's less than 5 days from China to my door in the USA using epacket. Fantastic!

As for the sound, yeah it seems the SPC gives a nice top end sparkle to the monk, and overall they sound really great. I listened most of this afternoon on my gs7 edge, and then for about an hour on my desktop rig (see description). They sound great from the phone, but with some extra amplification and a good DAC they really shine.

Thanks Lee for making these great earbuds at an unbeatable price.

Here's a picture :
hTZhLtP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back