Ultrasone Signature Studio, Impressions and Information Gathering Thread
Feb 7, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #16 of 118

They look interesting, but they also look quite expensive as the latest addition to the signature line. I wonder how they fare 
biggrin.gif

Meanwhile, the edition 8 ex is expensive. Comparing to what the usual edition 8 gives, the ex version worth the extra.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 118

Meanwhile, the edition 8 ex is expensive. Comparing to what the usual edition 8 gives, the ex version worth the extra.

Is that like a question?... 

I'm not sure, I only heard ED8. ED8 is V shaped and for what it does, it is amazing! 

You should test before buying to see how you like them, but I think that almost all Ultrasone models are great! 

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #18 of 118

Is that like a question?... 

I'm not sure, I only heard ED8. ED8 is V shaped and for what it does, it is amazing! 

You should test before buying to see how you like them, but I think that almost all Ultrasone models are great! 

I am afraid I have mislead you. I own an ED8 EX. Comparing to the other models, the feel of S-Logic is more significant.
With the use of lemo plug, it is worth the upgrade from ED8 and ignore the signature series.

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #19 of 118

I am afraid I have mislead you. I own an ED8 EX. Comparing to the other models, the feel of S-Logic is more significant.
With the use of lemo plug, it is worth the upgrade from ED8 and ignore the signature series.

Thank you for letting me know! 

ED8 EX sounds like an interesting improvement! 

I love S-logic effect and it's very handy for me, brings the soundstage to another level! In Dj One Pro (which is a mid range headphone), the S-Logic effect makes the sound come at you from more parts than on most open back headphones! 

I even wrote a review about this! 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultrasone-dj1-pro/reviews/17937

If S-logic got even better, then it is something that I have to hear! 

Feb 20, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #21 of 118
Just saw these on AnakChan's Fujiya Avic gallery, a little info there but no sound impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/t/836988/fujiya-avic-winter-potaken-in-tokyo-18th-february-2017#post_13272808

Feb 21, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #23 of 118

Nice! 

I'm actually interested, especially if they have a similar soundstage to Sig Dj 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Unfortunately, it is stated that the Signature Studio is just half the price of Signature Pro, with the absent of the glass surface on the both sides of the ear cups, use of sheep skin leather.
From these information it might be just a refined version of Pro900 to me, though I do not get a chance to audition it.

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #24 of 118

Unfortunately, it is stated that the Signature Studio is just half the price of Signature Pro, with the absent of the glass surface on the both sides of the ear cups, use of sheep skin leather.
From these information it might be just a refined version of Pro900 to me, though I do not get a chance to audition it.

or hopefully a cheaper version of signature pro?

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #25 of 118

That would still be a step up from my Dj One Pro if my understanding is alright! 
biggrin.gif

For pads, I would anyways buy me a HM5 so I probably won't need the pads to be one way or another, just the sound to be good and have that extremely large soundstage like Dj series do. 

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #30 of 118
I just listened to these headphones at SoCal CanJam at the Ultrasone booth. The guy, Michael, was extremely nice and he said Ultrasone is doing a lot more outreach in their brands and customer relations in the US. They even started an active facebook page, Ultrasone USA, finally to keep people up to date with news. About time. Expect a lot more from Ultrasone in terms of brand and presence in the USA in the months to come. 

I listened to the Signature Studio extensively and compared it to their Edition 8 EX, Edition 5 and Edition Ms that they had at the event. I have the SigDJs, Pro900s, and other headphones at home that can compare to as well. Let me know if anyone is interested in impressions of the SigStudios, I can do a write up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back