Ultrasone Signature DJ
Apr 27, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #2,537 of 2,701
Burned mine in a lot with my Luminist enhancer disc. Have them hooked up to a Qables Iqube V5 straight to its DAC via cd transport and I have to say... it's a real shame that these headphones are not that well known. The mids and bass, soundstage, and separation to me are the standouts of this headphone with a nice somewhat honest top end, which should change for the better when I get a proper 75 ohm digital cable. Smiling a lot more lately. I think some people think I have another lady on the side. Nope, just my new headphones! :p

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #2,538 of 2,701
Burned mine in a lot with my Luminist enhancer disc. Have them hooked up to a Qables Iqube V5 straight to its DAC via cd transport and I have to say... it's a real shame that these headphones are not that well known. The mids and bass, soundstage, and separation to me are the standouts of this headphone with a nice somewhat honest top end, which should change for the better when I get a proper 75 ohm digital cable. Smiling a lot more lately. I think some people think I have another lady on the side. Nope, just my new headphones! :p

Woah

Super cool!

This is exactly how I felt and looked when I discovered iFi iDSD BL + Meze 99 Classics. Still looking like this

I'm more and more curious about Sig Dj, but I found a really happy spot with iDSD BL + 99 C nowadays, curious if Sig Dj can bring anything to the table or if this my actual setup will stay like this for years to come.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,539 of 2,701
Hello I just recently purchased the pro 900 and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. So much so that I was thinking about getting the sig dj as an upgrade. The only thing I'd like to know is if the bass in the sig dj is about the same quantity/impact as the pro 900? I really enjoy listening to edm and heavy metal so bass is quite important to me.

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #2,540 of 2,701
Hello I just recently purchased the pro 900 and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. So much so that I was thinking about getting the sig dj as an upgrade. The only thing I'd like to know is if the bass in the sig dj is about the same quantity/impact as the pro 900? I really enjoy listening to edm and heavy metal so bass is quite important to me.

It might work out fine, depending on what your bass needs are.

I would strongly recommend you to look into iFi iDSD BL, it made Meze 99 Classics truly shine and made their bass truly deep and earth shattering, but clear and well textured! Totally a worthwhile investment if you already love your pro900 and bass.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #2,541 of 2,701
It might work out fine, depending on what your bass needs are.

I would strongly recommend you to look into iFi iDSD BL, it made Meze 99 Classics truly shine and made their bass truly deep and earth shattering, but clear and well textured! Totally a worthwhile investment if you already love your pro900 and bass.

Thanks for your recommendation. The main thing I'm looking for is a headphone that has excellent efficiency to run really well off an ipod/phone while providing clear strong bass without losing too much detail on the rest of the spectrum. The pro 900's manage to do this relatively well besides the fact that the mid range seems to be quite recessed and the highs can sound a bit tinny at times. So as tempting as the iFi iDSD BL is it won't really fit my needs at the time being as its a bit too big and bulky to lug around.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #2,542 of 2,701
Thanks for your recommendation. The main thing I'm looking for is a headphone that has excellent efficiency to run really well off an ipod/phone while providing clear strong bass without losing too much detail on the rest of the spectrum. The pro 900's manage to do this relatively well besides the fact that the mid range seems to be quite recessed and the highs can sound a bit tinny at times. So as tempting as the iFi iDSD BL is it won't really fit my needs at the time being as its a bit too big and bulky to lug around.

I am actually carrying it around wahahaha!

To be honest, I like having it around, feels nice to the touch and sounds even better!

I think that Signature Dj should satisfy your needs pretty well! I'm running Meze 99 Classics right now and man, am I satisfied with them, but they have a different signature than Pro900. They are thicker, the textures are much better, and the top end is far smoother.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #2,543 of 2,701
20170422_204437 (1).jpg

This On The Go combo simply delivers in spades.

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #2,546 of 2,701
Hum...like what?

What I tested and can fully recommend:

FiiO X5ii

FiiO X5-3

iFi iDSD BL

Each has its own sound, if you want a versatile DAP, X5ii or X5-3 are great, and if you want a DAC/AMP to stack, iDSD BL is one of the best options out there. As a matter of personal preference, I do prefer it over Mojo :gs1000smile:

Apr 29, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #2,549 of 2,701
To be honest, Mojo is technicaly better. More power, a bit better textured, a bit more holographic. DFR is more polite in bass department, a touch more neutral. Sig DJ being bass-heavy, I found the pairing with DFR to have a more balanced presentation, for Sig DJ at least. With some headphones, I prefer the pairing with Mojo over DFR.

Still, DFR is 1/3 of the price (and definitely not 1/3 of Mojo's SQ), plug and play and compact as hell. I didn't like The Dragonfly 1.2, too bright and underpowered with a smartphone. But the DFR is a step above.

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #2,550 of 2,701
Hey all, so I am loving my Sig DJs to death. I am thinking of getting another set of Ultrasones in the same league (still keeping Sig DJs) to have an alternate sound signature on the fly. Right now The Edition 8 (Palladium) and Signature Pros are in my price range with both of them on sale for new at an online retailer. Do you think those would be good? Or maybe something like the Ultrasone Edition M Plus... if anyone has any experience with em'. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back