Ultrasone Fan Club! (Roll Call)
Oct 5, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #2,162 of 2,310
Hey folks,
Never heard an Ultrasone. I wouldn't mind picking up a nice closed back that has excellent isolation and leak levels. I currently use the Audeze Sine (which I like) but find uncomfortable. I like a warmer signature, detailed, clear and organic - natural. A good subbass thump that doesn't bleed would be great. Maybe $500ish? Any ideas? If going up to $700 would be much better I might consider that.

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #2,163 of 2,310
  Hey folks,
Never heard an Ultrasone. I wouldn't mind picking up a nice closed back that has excellent isolation and leak levels. I currently use the Audeze Sine (which I like) but find uncomfortable. I like a warmer signature, detailed, clear and organic - natural. A good subbass thump that doesn't bleed would be great. Maybe $500ish? Any ideas? If going up to $700 would be much better I might consider that.

Might try the Performance 840 which I own as my portable/yardwork headphone.  Great isolation, thumps better than a V Moda M100 and with aftermarket pads (I'm using Alpha pads on mine) the comfort is good.  Price is more like $200ish.............

Feb 18, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #2,166 of 2,310
Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2,167 of 2,310
Woah... I just heard Signature Studio - Ultrasone newest headphone - It is on another level from most Ultrasone I tested entirely - Imagine a ie800 and HD800 in a closed back headphone, but with good looks.

I will share my photos here as well, because some of you might be interested in how beautiful they are in person!!

TjTsBr7h.jpg

0GpjWSJh.jpg

wZ4LSBRh.jpg

Ultrasone in 2017 is something else entirely - you need to give them a listen if you have the chance - I am more than amazed.

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #2,168 of 2,310
So I tried the pro 900's for the first time about 3-4 months ago and was really impressed by the awesome bass and powerful treble. I now have owned the signature dj for about 2 months and I think I may have found my audio nirvana. They have amazing bass punch with a good amount of rumble and the entire spectrum from highs to lows seems really clean and the fact that they can be powered by my df red and my ipod so easily is a huge plus. I'm amazed that these don't get mentioned more when it comes to portable closed headphones these things are simply amazing, especially for the price! Also I have yet to find a genre of music that they aren't good with (most of my listening involves heavy metal/rap/edm. Anyways I just saw this thread and wanted to spread some ultrasone love ^_~.

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #2,169 of 2,310
So I tried the pro 900's for the first time about 3-4 months ago and was really impressed by the awesome bass and powerful treble. I now have owned the signature dj for about 2 months and I think I may have found my audio nirvana. They have amazing bass punch with a good amount of rumble and the entire spectrum from highs to lows seems really clean and the fact that they can be powered by my df red and my ipod so easily is a huge plus. I'm amazed that these don't get mentioned more when it comes to portable closed headphones these things are simply amazing, especially for the price! Also I have yet to find a genre of music that they aren't good with (most of my listening involves heavy metal/rap/edm. Anyways I just saw this thread and wanted to spread some ultrasone love ^_~.

We should keep the love coming! Ultrasone headphones, especially their signature series is really awesome! I can't stop from listening to the Signature Studio right now! It is way too awesome and the sound is just so clean, soundstage is just so large and everything is well placed in the 3D stage. Works incredibly well with all types of metal, electronic, pop - pretty much everything.

Jun 28, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #2,170 of 2,310
We should keep the love coming! Ultrasone headphones, especially their signature series is really awesome! I can't stop from listening to the Signature Studio right now! It is way too awesome and the sound is just so clean, soundstage is just so large and everything is well placed in the 3D stage. Works incredibly well with all types of metal, electronic, pop - pretty much everything.

Please post your review of this headphone. As a ultrasone fans, I am deeply interested in it!

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #2,171 of 2,310
Please post your review of this headphone. As a ultrasone fans, I am deeply interested in it!

Sure!

I always loved Ultrasone sound in the past, but Signature Studio really rekindled my passion for this sound - the soundstage and signature is just like a HD800S, but with a more fun midrange, like ie800. The quality, details, clarity, microdetails, dynamics, textures, and everything else is really close to a closed-back HD800S.

Given my closed back needs for the moment, Signature Studio is a better fit over HD800S and I'm really happy with the sound!

I will be posting a throughout review as soon as I finish writing it!

This is the headphone everyone needs to hear - Ultrasone created something unique here - compared it against Dj One Pro, and there is no comparison, Signature Studio is on its own high end level

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #2,172 of 2,310
Would love to demo a signature studio, Wonder how much they differ from my performance 880 (both 40 mm titanium plated drivers)

Then again, Pro 900 is the same, 40 mm titanium so....

But problem is price.

Couldn't pay 600 for these when in a year they will be worth a fraction of that. Been there, done that, got the sticker for it.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #2,173 of 2,310
Would love to demo a signature studio, Wonder how much they differ from my performance 880 (both 40 mm titanium plated drivers)

Then again, Pro 900 is the same, 40 mm titanium so....

But problem is price.

Couldn't pay 600 for these when in a year they will be worth a fraction of that. Been there, done that, got the sticker for it.

I'm not sure they will loose price so fast - especially since they have just been launched. Some of the models which have been around for years have come lower in price, but newest models are going to stay at the same price levels for a while, at least in my experience with headphones in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back