TTPOD T1 Tips Thread
Nov 24, 2014 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Ira Delphic

1000+ Head-Fier
The TTPOD T1 has an unusual earphone shaft - wider bore than most and no so long. One issue with the various The TTPOD T1's is achieving ideal fit - in terms of acceptable seal, sound signature and comfort. 

Many tips are included (at least with my The TTPOD T1-E ) - white silicon wide and narrow opening, Sony Hybrid (non foam) type tip, etc. None of the tips work for me and it appears that some others have the same problem. I don't believe, and I am not suggesting that this is a design problem with the TTPOD. 

If you find a solution good for your ears please post in this thread and I'll update the list.

From the http://www.head-fi.org/t/728860/ttpod-t1-e-impressions-thread thread:

1. Comply 400 trimmed - @BloodyPenguin
  2. Sony Hybrid (foam inside) - @spurxiii (I found the width too narrow to fit on the the TTPOD, so YMMV)
  3. Comply TSX500 - @Rontant
  4. Comply T500 - @morethansense
  5. Monster Super Tips - @Indieman
  6. Lunashops Middle Size IN EAR EARBUDS EAR - @Hisoundfi
  7. Sennheiser medium double-flange tips - @Mocklee @Dany1
  8. Xiaomi Piston - (one size larger) - @Luberconn
  9. Medium red foam tip trimmed (from Chinese Ebay seller) (post #15) @Ira Delphic

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 35
none of them work for you?  are you having problem with seal or keeping them in your ears or what?  i use stock large tips that came with my cheap xiaomi pistons.  i've had luck getting a good seal with the large tips that came with them but the xiaomi tips provide me with a good seal and more comfort that the other tips i tried.  they are thinner and floppier than most tips, but for some reason, they fit my canals great. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3 of 35
  none of them work for you?  are you having problem with seal or keeping them in your ears or what?  i use stock large tips that came with my cheap xiaomi pistons.  i've had luck getting a good seal with the large tips that came with them but the xiaomi tips provide me with a good seal and more comfort that the other tips i tried.  they are thinner and floppier than most tips, but for some reason, they fit my canals great. 

The problem is getting a good seal and having them stay in my ear canals. I had the same problem with GR07 Classics -  the included tips didn't provide a good seal and fell out of one of my ears. The solution was Sony Hybrid foam. The springiness keep them in my ear canal. Inexplicably, the Xiaomi Pistons fit fine with stock tips! No idea why but I'm glad they do. 

With the TTPOD T1 I was able to use the Meelctronic double flange tips - provided good seal and very nice sound - but they are too long so pop out at times. The shaft is too long so I may cut them down. That is a contender. I'll try the large Piston's tips. I take medium tips for the Pistons and have extras.

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 35
I'm using Sennheiser medium double-flange tips. They're incredibly comfortable, and fit on the TTPODs perfectly. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976314037?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 35

I do not enjoy tip rolling. I would have loved if the stock TTPOD tips just worked - stayed in my ears! I took your advice and tried large Piston silicon tips, and to my amazement they work very good!  Last night I had them in for over an hour. Listened to music and watched TV on a tablet. The sound and fit is very good. This morning I wore them for a half hour+ - walking and taking the subway.They stayed in and the seal and sound was fine. So thanks for thegreat advice!  I don't know what magic Xiaomi did when designing their tips. Both M and L TPPOD stock tips don't cut it!

TTPOD T!-E with brown Xiaomi Piston tips (size large):

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 35

I do not enjoy tip rolling. I would have loved if the stock TTPOD tips just worked - stayed in my ears! I took your advice and tried large Piston silicon tips, and to my amazement they work very good!  Last night I had them in for over an hour. Listened to music and watched TV on a tablet. The sound and fit is very good. This morning I wore them for a half hour+ - walking and taking the subway.They stayed in and the seal and sound was fine. So thanks for thegreat advice!  I don't know what magic Xiaomi did when designing their tips. Both M and L TPPOD stock tips don't cut it!

TTPOD T!-E with brown Xiaomi Piston tips (size large):

haha, cheers!  i'm not sure either.  just feeling the material of the piston's tips, you'd think they'd fall out easier than firmer tips.  but exact opposite for me.   i hope this is a long term solution for you!  i still enjoy my t1e's just about every single day. 

Dec 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 35
I'm using custom hybrid tips, I use the longest (not widest) tips that came with them, only in one ear, I stuffed inside an ear plug I cut and punched a hole in, the other ear has the same tip only I stuffed inside one of those cheap chinese foam tips.

I'm still testing so I'm not sure which one is more comfortable and last longer but so far both give a solid fit and isolation.

Dec 4, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #9 of 35
  I'm using custom hybrid tips, I use the longest (not widest) tips that came with them, only in one ear, I stuffed inside an ear plug I cut and punched a hole in, the other ear has the same tip only I stuffed inside one of those cheap chinese foam tips.

I'm still testing so I'm not sure which one is more comfortable and last longer but so far both give a solid fit and isolation.

How did you punch the hole? I saw those leather punch tools on Amazon. May pick one up. I'm amazed by how the foam stays in place without glue. At least so far 
smile_phones.gif

Dec 16, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #11 of 35
Finally achieved a good fit with large sized Sony Hybrids with noise isolation foam : ) 
I'm happy person now. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #12 of 35
  Finally achieved a good fit with large sized Sony Hybrids with noise isolation foam : ) 
I'm happy person now. 

You effectively modded the Hybrid tips to work like the exclusive Sony Hybrid foam tips! Nice job! 

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #13 of 35
You effectively modded the Hybrid tips to work like the exclusive Sony Hybrid foam tips! Nice job! 
no! I had exclusive ones that came with my xb90. :)

Dec 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #15 of 35
I got these from Ebay - Chinese seller:

They accentuate the treble, so good for treble heads (If there are treble heads!). I got medium - red narrow tip. It compresses, but not much. To insert I tugged the top of my ear up and back, and inserted the TTPOD with a 45 degree twist.

The Good:
-stay in my ear canal 
-sound/noise isolation is very good.
-dirt cheap. 

The Bad:
-not really a bad...not certain how these will hold up over time, so even for the price may not necessarily be a good value. I'll provide an update...
-bassheads may not like this tip. But the seller also has a wider bore foam tip.

I also tested with KZ ES with good results. Very good noise isolation and like the TTPOD, stayed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back