TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 30, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #17,806 of 24,683
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the 4-pin cable that came with the Masters for? Would guess it's a balanced cable, but it's a 3,5mm connector and I know no DAP which features a balanced jack of that size.

Hifiman models have 3.5mm balanced, but yes, the usual connector these days is 2.5mm TRRS.

May 30, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #17,808 of 24,683
So after about a week listening to the Master I have to say I'm a bit disapointed. Maybe I was expecting too much out of them. They're not bad of course but they're very average and if they're OK at 60£ they are certainly not worth the retail price of +150£ ...

I've played around with filters and tips but could not overcome their biggest downside which is the impression of a compressed sound. Not sure it's very easy to understand but they sound kind of muffled, especially in the mids. It's bearable when listening to electronic music but not when I listen to classical or rock. I hope burn-in does have a real effect and will help them or maybe I'll find a better filter/tips combo.

Edit: I tried them on my computer with an Asus Xonar STX, so a pretty good soundcard that drives my Audio Technica ATH-A900X like a charm.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #17,809 of 24,683
Yay both you and midget guy are around sf. Im south bay.
Hey since you listen to electronic. Check this out!

Hey, I'm not American, let alone a SF resident, but thanks for that music :D
I'm not generally an electronic music fan, but there are exceptions and I really enjoyed that :)

On the topic of Asian music, I do like Korean/Chinese pop (probably Japanese too; just need to hear more).
There was a Taiwanese girl group called S.H.E., but I'm assuming this group you've posted are not them.
Unless they've reinvented themselves even more than Sub Sub* did lol

*Sub Sub = Pretty awful UK House music group, who evolved into the Indie group called Doves.

May 30, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #17,810 of 24,683
I've been waiting for the Atlas Delta to arrive but as there seems to be a problem with them I asked Trinity if I could swap them for the Icarus IV and pay the difference.
Some people on here will probably think I need psychiatric help:ksc75smile: but I am happy with my Masters and my PM4s so I am happy to take a punt on the Icarus IV.

May 30, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #17,811 of 24,683
Some people on here will probably think I need psychiatric help
200_s.gif

:wink: Not really..
Interested to know if they allow it.

May 30, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #17,812 of 24,683
I've been waiting for the Atlas Delta to arrive but as there seems to be a problem with them I asked Trinity if I could swap them for the Icarus IV and pay the difference.
Some people on here will probably think I need psychiatric help:ksc75smile: but I am happy with my Masters and my PM4s so I am happy to take a punt on the Icarus IV.

I don't, I love both my PM4 and Master as well. I never got any sibilance issues from the 4 though, so I guess I was lucky. I'm waiting on the Icarus III and I'm not gonna lie, I'm interested in the open/closed IEM idea from their email.

May 30, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #17,813 of 24,683
Sorry for the stupid question, but what is the 4-pin cable that came with the Masters for? Would guess it's a balanced cable, but it's a 3,5mm connector and I know no DAP which features a balanced jack of that size.
Hey, I'm not 100% certain, but I believe it to be a balanced cable.
It's should be 3.5mm to 3.5mm balanced.
The reason behind this is the new Trinity ecosystem.
They are developing a DAC/Amp and a DAP, both of which (to my knowledge) are designed to plug 'in-line' with the Trinity IEM's.
So, for whatever reason, they've chosen to go with 3.5mm balanced socket for all of these.
I imagine the DAC/Amp will feature either a 2.5mm balanced out, or some kind of adaptor to connect with a DAP.
Others may know more than me, but this is what I've gleaned thus far.

May 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #17,815 of 24,683
So, for whatever reason, they've chosen to go with 3.5mm balanced socket for all of these.
I imagine the DAC/Amp will feature either a 2.5mm balanced out,
That seems slightly contradictory...
The original description was for a 3.5mm to 2.5mm balanced cable. The modular system has the 3.5 female attached, but there seems to be no logical reason to have a 3.5mm balanced at the other end, unless their IcarusII uses the Hifiman/Cowon Plenue S standard instead of the more common 2.5.
If the IcarusII is going to use the 2.5 out, why not supply the appropriate 3.5-2.5 cable as per original description?

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #17,817 of 24,683
Morning everyone! I still have not received or heard anything on my red PM6 order placed 6/28/16 to Atlanta, GA. I didn't think I would receive them over the holiday or anything. Just trying to keep information out there. Seems some people in the US are receiving their PM6 or at least tracking for them which is good. I look forward to more initial impressions from everyone on the PM6 and Hunters.

May 30, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #17,818 of 24,683
I don't, I love both my PM4 and Master as well. I never got any sibilance issues from the 4 though, so I guess I was lucky. I'm waiting on the Icarus III and I'm not gonna lie, I'm interested in the open/closed IEM idea from their email.

Honestly, I am too. Simply because I already suffer from tinnitus, an open/closed IEM at a reasonable price could be just what the doctor ordered, instead of ramming my ear with pressure from a closed source.

May 30, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #17,819 of 24,683
Morning everyone! I still have not received or heard anything on my red PM6 order placed 6/28/16 to Atlanta, GA. I didn't think I would receive them over the holiday or anything. Just trying to keep information out there. Seems some people in the US are receiving their PM6 or at least tracking for them which is good. I look forward to more initial impressions from everyone on the PM6 and Hunters.

Yeah, some of us are still in the dark on any actual shipping schedule. Hope you get yours soon. :)

May 30, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #17,820 of 24,683
Lol, good point. At least the product I ordered is actually the one that's being delivered.

YOU'RE Yoo-Ara??? Lol, I kid. I listen to a fair amount of electronic music and sometimes, those hi-hats and synths can really test your tolerance of sibilance as well. I should start finding out hopefully around the end of the week or so. My Hunter is stateside and has left the international sorting center in San Francisco.

Yo @hernandoco, got a tracking number for your package to the middle of nowhere yet? :wink:

I do believe you will receive your Hunter first as being closer to San Francisco.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back