TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 26, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #17,596 of 24,683
Have you actually been told that your Delta (not AD?) order is being changed to Master?
I know people waiting on Delta that haven't been told that...yet. but still waiting. Are Delta not coming as well as AD??

As far as i know those who are awaiting original deltas (I'm one) are still getting original deltas at least thats what thought it said in last update. Near completion.

May 26, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #17,598 of 24,683
Have you actually been told that your Delta (not AD?) order is being changed to Master?
I know people waiting on Delta that haven't been told that...yet. but still waiting. Are Delta not coming as well as AD??

I'm actually not sure but the deltas are not available on their website anymore, just like the AD. And even before they got removed, it was shipping on february 12th for 5 months, the date did not get updated like with their other products. I hope I'm wrong.

May 26, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #17,599 of 24,683
I'm actually not sure but the deltas are not available on their website anymore, just like the AD. And even before they got removed, it was shipping on february 12th for 5 months, the date did not get updated like with their other products. I hope I'm wrong.

I know they had been removed from the website
Haven't heard of anyone being offered an alternative to the original delta only the atlas delta.

May 26, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #17,600 of 24,683
To the people thinking about wanting something like the original Delta for travel or better portability, I'd say you should certainly look at the Vyrus 2. To me, it's ergonomically better than the original Delta and sound quality-wise is almost as good, though it is slightly different in feel due to being a single dynamic driver design rather than a hybrid dynamic + BA design. If you want something portable or small and lightweight out of Trinity's lineup these days without breaking the bank, the Hyperion and Vyrus 2 are what you have to choose from. Not bad choices by any stretch of the imagination, but they could use something directly in the middle of the Vyrus 2 and the Master in terms of both pricing and fidelity; the Delta series was what filled this spot in the past and it's now unfortunately disappeared.

May 26, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #17,601 of 24,683
. If you want something portable or small and lightweight out of Trinity's lineup these days without breaking the bank, the Hyperion and Vyrus 2 are
At the previous prices I would say that was definitely true. The £20 and £49 sale prices, respectively, were good value, even excellent value when you could get another 20% off. At £49 and £79 there is a lot more competition and arguably better IEMs in the price range. The value proposition changes substantially. And the Hyperion may disappear, it is claimed to be a limited run, one colour already out of stock (my favourite gun metal) so possibly they are only going to maintain the higher level models, with the Vyrus as the entry level.
As you say, they had a good entry/mid-level choice with the Delta (although again, limited final run?), and the quite highly anticipated AD which sadly seems to have gone astray.
Then the questionnaire...whilst many people are waiting for the current models to arrive. /puzzlement.
Some more clarification would be nice - does the AD actually exist? If not, why lie? Are people actually going to get the Delta, and is it indeed another limited run, not to be repeated? Are Trinity now only going to have mid-fi and up models, with potentially more exciting developments in alternative technology as their future?
I guess time will tell, and certainly Trinity like to take their time :wink: but the disconnect between announcing new models and pre-orders whilst still way behind on catching up with shipping and delivery, and asking "what next" when we aren't even sure "what now" seems like a recipe for confusion, not a clear future plan.

May 26, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #17,602 of 24,683
Arrived!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3526.JPG
    IMG_3526.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
May 26, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #17,603 of 24,683
I have had my master about 7 weeks now and I'm certain there opening up more and noticing a bit more detail.
This could be placebo and also i have mostly been using the opus1 which i have only had about 4 weeks so that could be a bit of burn in too, anyone else think they have improved after extensive use??
The only way to tell is a well performed blind test, probably even involving a person completely unaware of what is being tested (apart from it being an IEM) of the out of the box unused item and the one used continuously.
That would, in my opinion, even exclude the swapping of the numbers of the filters, and just involve the usage of the undampened purple filters (chosen for the clarity).
One, seemingly simple test.

May 26, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #17,604 of 24,683
Said I would still support them. Not a bit interested in open back IEMs. Have the open back Bower & Wilkins C5. Never use them. My main IEM uses are portability and or isolation. Rarely in portable use is the environment quiet enough for open back. I usually prefer using the Venture Electronics Monk+ if portability and no isolation is required. Just more comfortable.

For serious home listening IEMs are rarely used. My over ear Mitchell & Johnson electret dynamic hybrid headphones are closed back. They isolate well ( won't quite match IEMs) at home. They sound better than any of my IEMs.

I would like an IEM designed differently than most. Run a very good dynamic driver nearly full range. Use a crossover to add a 2nd dynamic super tweeter to add sparkle. Talking 8-10K crossover point. Dynamic drivers can extend as high as BA. They just have to be built to do it vs playing bass. Done correctly this should give very natural sound that is very coherent. A fully dynamic driver 2 way.

Over ear Mitchell & Johnson electret dynamic hybrid headphones (closed back) should sound better, due to the inherently superior driver technology (electret) .

May 26, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #17,605 of 24,683
Over ear Mitchell & Johnson electret dynamic hybrid headphones (closed back) should sound better, due to the inherently superior driver technology (electret) .

They do. Not really fair to compare IEMs to large headphones. I have both the Mitchell & Johnson GL2SE and totl MJ2. Even though the MJ2 fold, there is no comparison with IEMs for portability. IEMs also attract much less attention. Even in a library, open back IEMs could annoy people.

May 26, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #17,607 of 24,683
Arrived also!! :wink:
PM6 red arrived to Spain. Paid for standard shipping with tracking (no express).
Aside of the filters and 3 cables, it came with kombi (M size), 6.3 adapter, lapel clip and black box (requested the red like 10 months ago, but even I had almost forgotten :p).
Adding to @duracek images a few pages ago, some quick and dirty shots to show size and nozzle angle. The distance between lines in 1cm.
9933289_l.jpg

9933290_l.jpg
9933291_l.jpg
9933292_l.jpg

I have spent far more money in photo equipement than in audio equipement in the last 10 years and I'm ashamed of the quality of the images :'(, but should go back to work.
Hope the images help.

I think the PM6 is FAR MORE confortable than the sabre and a bit more than the PM4.
I will not say anything regarding the sound, I have to keep playing with filters and tips.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #17,609 of 24,683
Hey guys.
Since I was on vacation, my 2 weeks for returning the masters are over, unfortunately. I am not quite happy with them, since the only tips they stay in my ear with are the big comply. This sounds bit muddy, unfortunately. But, in the higher frequencies, they still sound harsh and metallic, severe hissing goin on in many tracks. In general, the sound is nice, but with somewhat muddy low ends and hards higher ends, this is not so pleasant for me.
So, maybe I will sell them (in addition, they are so chunky and heavy).

I have the Icarus 3 still on preorder, hoping for better fit and less harsh and more warm sound. I knoow it`s most likely wild guessing here, but do you guys think the Icarus will be similar in sound to Master? I know, Trinity claims it is supposed to more warm sounding, but I get the impression basically all Trinity iems sound kinda harsh in the higher frequencies. There were also two guys I think participating CanJam and testing Icarus 3. Can you guys elaborate once more on souund signature of Icarus 3?

Otherwise, I`ll have to cancel Icarus 3 and look elsewhere for a suitable iem.

Thank you folks,
apprecciate your comments.

Cheers

May 26, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #17,610 of 24,683
Kieran is awesome. I emailed him last Friday, let him know I didn't get the case, Kombi tips, or balanced cable with my Masters. When my wife checked the mail yesterday evening, a bubble wrap envelope with all 3 items were waiting for me, 6 days later. If I ever find myself over the pond again, I'm gonna have to swing by Trinity and buy that man a pint. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back