TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #17,431 of 24,683
I guess the delivery speeds aren't so efficient in Central America :wink:

Don't worry, I only live a couple of hundred miles away down the road from Trinity and I'm still waiting on my PM6 :p

To quote Duncan Thickett's* 'The Wise Man (of Stevenage)':
"And although he had infinite patience, he was annoyed!" :D

*comedy character from a Steve Coogan live show
Here's the problem: I'm on the same side of the country @harpo1 is, just a north a couple hours. Is it so much to ask that I receive mine this week? Lol.

May 23, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #17,432 of 24,683
West Coast represent! I'm in the PNW :D

Are you in the US? Also, do you remember your order number? And gunmetal or heat-treated? You will be interrogated! Lol. Trying to get a gauge on when, if ever, I might receive my Hunter.

I'm on the Left Coast as well.

I'm even more west/left than you guys.

May 23, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #17,433 of 24,683
A bit less than half an hour ago the mail got in from the Trinity:

Well I didn't get that email. But even if I did, still not buying it seeing as I don't even have the Hunter in hand yet. You can see the issue that's still ongoing here for me and many others.

I'm even more west/left than you guys.
No you aren't. Middle of nowhere isn't left or right, it's nowhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. In other news, middle of nowhere is starting to receive shipments of new Trinity IEMs (not actually) before the mainland US.

May 23, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #17,434 of 24,683
Well I didn't get that email. But even if I did, still not buying it seeing as I don't even have the Hunter in hand yet. You can see the issue that's still ongoing here for me and many others.

Really sad to hear that; I hope it will work out for you as well as for all other customers. Don't know what else to say without the risk of repeating what has been voiced countless times
before in this thread. Things seem to start looking better, nice to see the posts some of the people receiving their IEMs...

May 23, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #17,435 of 24,683
Really sad to hear that; I hope it will work out for you as well as for all other customers. Don't know what else to say without the risk of repeating what has been voiced countless times
before in this thread. Things seem to start looking better, nice to see the posts some of the people receiving their IEMs...
Eh, we run the risk of repeating ourselves every time we come to this thread so I'm certainly not gonna grill you particularly for that. I am incredibly jealous of people receiving their IEMs though. I want mine! Lol :D

May 24, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #17,437 of 24,683
In a way im glad that the litz cables are on request of termination.
I thought I would get 2 × standard 3.5 and would have to order a 2.5 balanced separately, so it's worked out for me.
I would like to hear some impressions of sound quality with the litz cable in general and also litz balanced though.​

May 24, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #17,438 of 24,683
Re. Icarus I from the Trinity page, reinstated "code for those that had the long wait on Master 6 and Hunter. We realised that we..."
Can anyone remember the original email, I've lost mine - I thought that the Icarus I DAC was designed to fit the Master/Icarus III cable system and the code was for Master orders because it wasn't usable on the PM6/Hunter + The 50%code (which seemed to be able to be used by anyone, in actuality/coughs) was for PM6/Hunter buyers, or am I mistaken?

May 24, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #17,439 of 24,683
Re. Icarus I from the Trinity page, reinstated "code for those that had the long wait on Master 6 and Hunter. We realised that we..."
Can anyone remember the original email, I've lost mine - I thought that the Icarus I DAC was designed to fit the Master/Icarus III cable system and the code was for Master orders because it wasn't usable on the PM6/Hunter + The 50%code (which seemed to be able to be used by anyone, in actuality/coughs) was for PM6/Hunter buyers, or am I mistaken?

From email...

So we have decided that for those whom have pre-ordered the Master 6, Hunter and Atlas Delta will be offered a Icarus I bluetooth DAC module when they become available in around 8-12 weeks time for just the cost of shipping should you wish to get one...

...For those that are awaiting a Phantom Air and Delta as there is little in the way of add-ons for the Air and Delta we offering a one time use code 50% off.

May 24, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #17,440 of 24,683
ordered the Master 6, Hunter and Atlas Delta will be offered a Icarus I bluetooth DAC module when they become available in
Thanks.
Isn't the design of the Icarus I mainly to go with the new cable system, as in plugs directly into the cable split? What benefit will it be for Hunter Master buyers, confused now..?

May 24, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #17,441 of 24,683
Thanks.
Isn't the design of the Icarus I mainly to go with the new cable system, as in plugs directly into the cable split? What benefit will it be for Hunter Master buyers, confused now..?

Possibly an adapter will be provided from standard 3.5mm male to match the new modular system termination? Or a shorter 2 pin cable to suit will be available.

May 24, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #17,442 of 24,683
For those of you that already received your Hunters are you not getting any sibilance? Man female vocals are killing me. I've tried every source I have and can't tame it. The only filter I can somewhat tolerate is the silver damped.

I'm finding the Hunter sharper than I like on some of the more treble-centric filters, but certainly nowhere near the levels of the PM4. Around half the filters are "listenable" for me (and by that, I mean enjoyable, not merely tolerable) with the others sounding a bit too sharp and thin or otherwise not ideal for my preferences. I think that's a pretty good ratio, as I imagine lovers of bright cans like the Beyerdynamic range or the HD800 will probably gravitate towards the filters I am leaving out.

It has a lot of emphasis on detail (someone suggested a spike in the high mids, but I don't have any measuring equipment so will have to wait for someone with the right gear to confirm), so with badly mastered tracks it doesn't really play too nicely either if there is harshness in the recording.

I'm not overly treble sensitive (my sensitivity comes a little further down in the frequency range) though, so as always, YMMV.

May 24, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #17,443 of 24,683
Just got my PM6 (in UK). Only managed a few minutes with it but first impressions are good. I had to use it as it came in the box (otherwise I would have had 0 minutes with it) so the tips were too big and I don't even know which colour filters were fitted. I need a bit more warmth but either the tips or the filters will probably sort that out. Unfortunately I'm travelling ATM so it'll be a while before I can get much more time with them.

May 24, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #17,444 of 24,683
I'm finding the Hunter sharper than I like on some of the more treble-centric filters, but certainly nowhere near the levels of the PM4. Around half the filters are "listenable" for me (and by that, I mean enjoyable, not merely tolerable) with the others sounding a bit too sharp and thin or otherwise not ideal for my preferences. I think that's a pretty good ratio, as I imagine lovers of bright cans like the Beyerdynamic range or the HD800 will probably gravitate towards the filters I am leaving out.

It has a lot of emphasis on detail (someone suggested a spike in the high mids, but I don't have any measuring equipment so will have to wait for someone with the right gear to confirm), so with badly mastered tracks it doesn't really play too nicely either if there is harshness in the recording.

I'm not overly treble sensitive (my sensitivity comes a little further down in the frequency range) though, so as always, YMMV.
This is pretty close to my *very* early impressions of PM6 (I wish I could write about audio impressions as eloquently as @Jackpot77 ). Except I didn't find any problems with badly mastered recordings - but I may not have listened to any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back