TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #17,416 of 24,683
I think we can all agree that if @Layman1 is gonna get rich and do this sort of comparison, they'll have to do this for every single IEM, then give us the extra one :D
Come on.. you guys are killing me.. >.<
I try to make a contribution and look what happens :p

Even if I *did* get rich, that's an easy way to go back to being poor :D

May 23, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #17,417 of 24,683
I agree that the A-D probably will never exist. I'd just like to know how backed up they are with Masters and when the A-D people might expect something.
That cancellation doesn't suggest to me that the replacements are shipping, just that someone was able to cancel.
My interpretation of the "next week" replies is just that they are trying to prevent cash from leaving, as they are probably very cash-strapped at this point. I don't want to cancel, I just want some sense of what is going on. If the answer is that they are totally out of shells right now and are waiting for more to be made, that's OK with me.

FYI: I sent an email to Kieran May 19 and got an answer today May 23: " apologise for the late response. I can confirm that we are switching out the Atlas Deltas for Masters. We are just waiting for more stock to arrive, which should be about three weeks, then we will start shipping them." Asked follow-up about whether they would ship direct or through "Alabama"; Got a reply within 30 minutes saying he thought they would ship direct, but will double check.

May 23, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #17,418 of 24,683
Come on.. you guys are killing me.. >.<
I try to make a contribution and look what happens :p

Even if I *did* get rich, that's an easy way to go back to being poor :D
You are making a contribution! A contribution to our IEM repositories :p. Get rich enough to not go back to being poor. You know you gotta cut me in on that second IEM occasionally when you do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 23, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #17,419 of 24,683
What about AIR filters?
There is 10 pairs - 5 big and 5 small in 5 colours and... no instruction.

May 23, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #17,420 of 24,683
What about AIR filters?
There is 10 pairs - 5 big and 5 small in 5 colours and... no instruction.
I'm gonna say forget about what they'd describe them as. Just listen to them yourself and determine which you like best. 5 colors means 5 tunings; much easier to test than the 12 the rest of Trinity's IEMs comes with. The 2 lengths are meant purely for fit and isolation purposes.

May 23, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #17,421 of 24,683
FYI: I sent an email to Kieran May 19 and got an answer today May 23: " apologise for the late response. I can confirm that we are switching out the Atlas Deltas for Masters. We are just waiting for more stock to arrive, which should be about three weeks, then we will start shipping them." Asked follow-up about whether they would ship direct or through "Alabama"; Got a reply within 30 minutes saying he thought they would ship direct, but will double check.

That's a pretty good answer.

May 23, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #17,422 of 24,683
Well my Hunter's finally arrived. Waited until nearly 5pm for ANC to deliver, then saw on their tracking page that I was Closed & Carded. What? Phoned them & received them within 20 minutes - driver said sorry, just too many parcels to deliver!
Not had chance to open them yet, but saw the note saying 8 litz cable can be ordered with choice of termination (2.5, 3.5, trrs etc.) & will be made ASAP.
I thought Hunter was supposed to come with 2 Litz cables ? Is that not the case?

May 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #17,423 of 24,683
Someone has to have, right? @harpo1 and @Neotribal, are either of you in the US? Or for that matter, anyone else who's posted here so far and doesn't have location listed in their profile

Miami, FL... yup in the US here

Looking forward to receiving mine and glad to hear your not finding any sibilance as reported by others, did you receive the litz cables?

I'd like to know this answer as well. @Jackpot77 said he needed to request the termination on his Litz cable. So if all Hunters being sent out are uniform in packaging, then it should be just the 3 standard cables; then there's some sort of card or something telling you to specify a termination for the Litz cable.

There's 2 standard braided cables, one with ear guide wire, one standard, and there's a cloth cable that has a mic/remote... three total

There's also a note hand signed by Bob asking us to email them on how we want our 8 wire Litz cables terminated

May 23, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #17,424 of 24,683
There's also a note hand signed by Bob asking us to email them on how we want our 8 wire Litz cables terminated

I'm guessing many would want one 3.5 SE and one 2.5 balanced.

You could always ask for them to be terminated by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
It's part of the special package of Hunter privileges :wink:

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #17,425 of 24,683
I have an issue with my hunters. The right side sounds much louder than the left. Have checked both braided cables with and without memory wire and also changed the filters. The blue filter sounds very natural and clear and treble is not that kind of in your face type of the Master.

Had this issue with my Master. Tested on several sources. Had to send them back to Trinity so they could check them out and possibly repair them.

May 23, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #17,426 of 24,683
I thought Hunter was supposed to come with 2 Litz cables ? Is that not the case?
Unless someone posts about it, I'll be sure to ask if/when I get my Hunter and the card to email them about Litz cable termination. The store page does say 2 Litz Pro cables in the description.
Hunter desc.JPG

Miami, FL... yup in the US here
Crap, I'm one of the people still waiting for mine and it looks like people on both sides of the country have gotten it :pensive:. You on the east coast, @harpo1 on the west coast.

May 23, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #17,427 of 24,683
Crap, I'm one of the people still waiting for mine and it looks like people on both sides of the country have gotten it :pensive:. You on the east coast, @harpo1 on the west coast.

I guess the delivery speeds aren't so efficient in Central America :wink:

Don't worry, I only live a couple of hundred miles away down the road from Trinity and I'm still waiting on my PM6 :p

To quote Duncan Thickett's* 'The Wise Man (of Stevenage)':
"And although he had infinite patience, he was annoyed!" :D

*comedy character from a Steve Coogan live show

May 23, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #17,428 of 24,683
Just got an email saying the Icarus III is nearing end of production and should start shipping end of May/early June. GETMEICARUS is valid for £100 off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back