TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL HYBRID IEM!*
May 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #17,401 of 24,683
I'm also in U.S with Harpo1!

Though West Coast
West Coast represent! I'm in the PNW :D

Well my Hunter's finally arrived. Waited until nearly 5pm for ANC to deliver, then saw on their tracking page that I was Closed & Carded. What? Phoned them & received them within 20 minutes - driver said sorry, just too many parcels to deliver!
Not had chance to open them yet, but saw the note saying 8 litz cable can be ordered with choice of termination (2.5, 3.5, trrs etc.) & will be made ASAP.
Are you in the US? Also, do you remember your order number? And gunmetal or heat-treated? You will be interrogated! Lol. Trying to get a gauge on when, if ever, I might receive my Hunter.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #17,403 of 24,683
Oh, I would say I believe in it too. I'm sure I've noticed improvements in IEM's after 50-200 hours, even when I didn't listen (or listen much) in between.
When I'm rolling in the benjamins, I'm going to buy identical IEM's and burn one in for 200 hours, leave the second ones unopened in their box, and then listen to them both at the same time, A/B blind testing them against each other once the 200 hours has passed.

In this way I'll hopefully be able to definitely prove it once and for all, to myself at least, if not to teh intarwebs :wink:

In the interests of fairness, I'll try to remember to unwrap the second pair when doing the A/B testing :p

... and then, as a shock to the hifiworld, it would turn out that the out of the box can was better sounding than the one burnt in...

On the more serious note, it has been known that with many particular cans there was a noticeable improvement in the sound, despite a lot of naysaying here and there...

May 23, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #17,404 of 24,683
... and then, as a shock to the hifiworld, it would turn out that the out of the box can was better sounding than the one burnt in...

On the more serious note, it has been known that with many particular cans there was a noticeable improvement in the sound, despite a lot of naysaying here and there...
I think we can all agree that if @Layman1 is gonna get rich and do this sort of comparison, they'll have to do this for every single IEM, then give us the extra one :D

May 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #17,405 of 24,683
I think we can all agree that if @Layman1 is gonna get rich and do this sort of comparison, they'll have to do this for every single IEM, then give us the extra one :D

I would be happy if my Icarus III and Icarus I come as ordered in some foreseeable time, things being as they are now... it would suffice even with that, and that both work as intended...
Btw, have you received any of your orders ?

May 23, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #17,407 of 24,683
I'd just like to see a single A-D or replacement Master actually delivered.
I don't think you're gonna have much luck looking for someone to get an A-D delivery. Replacement Master though....someone already posted here that they were able to get their replacement canceled and refunded since they already have a Master. So the replacements are probably shipping out. And all the while, some people who actually ordered the Master still haven't received it yet.

May 23, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #17,408 of 24,683
12 (!) days ago i was promised a refund for my hunter order , i'm still waiting ! :triportsad:
Anybody else had to wait this long for a refund ?
I'm done with Trinity , even if the hunter shows up at my door "by accident " i will sell it BNIB with seal intact just like my Master and Vyrus 2 just to recover the PayPal costs.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #17,409 of 24,683
I don't think you're gonna have much luck looking for someone to get an A-D delivery. Replacement Master though....someone already posted here that they were able to get their replacement canceled and refunded since they already have a Master. So the replacements are probably shipping out. And all the while, some people who actually ordered the Master still haven't received it yet.

I agree that the A-D probably will never exist. I'd just like to know how backed up they are with Masters and when the A-D people might expect something.
That cancellation doesn't suggest to me that the replacements are shipping, just that someone was able to cancel.
My interpretation of the "next week" replies is just that they are trying to prevent cash from leaving, as they are probably very cash-strapped at this point. I don't want to cancel, I just want some sense of what is going on. If the answer is that they are totally out of shells right now and are waiting for more to be made, that's OK with me.

May 23, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #17,413 of 24,683
so according to this thread, 2 people have received their pm6's?
Great. Perhaps we can ask one to keep theirs in the box whilst the other one burns theirs in?
Then they can do the A/B burn-in test. :D

I'm sure they won't mind; they've waited a little bit already anyway.. :wink:

May 23, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #17,415 of 24,683
Good point you guys bring on 700 hours burning in a cable within 29 days non-stop. That is a funny claim. I agree with you all who think it's a hilarious claim.

But what would burning in a cable do? All I can see is the point of an audio cable is to transfer electrical signals from Point A the 3.5mm/2.5mm Jack to Destination B which is Headphone/IEM/Speaker. That's where magnetism takes place where drivers convert non-audible electrical signals into audible signals.
I cannot see any idea why a cable could add musical improvements, as it's like saying a Freeway of expensive materials make cars super buffed up with bigger soundstage and etc, when all a freeway does is enable cars to flow from Point A to Point B?

Minus the idea that some cables have less resistance enabling more voltage to make it sounds a bit louder/bit more juice.

I'm with you about "burn-in" time making no difference with cables.

But I've heard that Dynamic Drivers sometimes need a break-in period. I guess the flexible surround where the "cone" attaches to the frame may change its properties some after flexing a while. (Like a spring)... So doing a 24-48 hr burn-in makes some sense to me for Speakers, and IEM's with dynamic drivers... I was once told that "balanced armatures don't need burn-in", but will admit that that was when they were only for mid and high frequencies... I

I do think that I am the one that "adjusts" most to the sound of IEMs, etc over time.. But still, I try to burn-in most audio stuff 24 hrs before serious listening. (Except cables and wires that is ! )

Wonder what else I should be burning-in.... ? :boom:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back