Tivoli Model One Alternatives?
Dec 28, 2014 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

manbear

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a simple, one-box speaker that includes 1) FM tuner and 2) an auxiliary input. Bluetooth would be nice but isn't really important, and it needs to plug into the wall (battery-only operation is a major no-no). The Tivoli model one seems to fit the bill, but I'm wondering if there is anything cheaper or with better SQ for the price out there. 

Important caveat: I am fully aware that I could get a T-amp plus bookshelves, powered monitors, etc. for a similar cost. Do not suggest any of that. This is primarily for my GF and she wants something that's easy to move from room to room without messing with a bunch of wires every time. Hence, it must be one-box.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 2
Well, I ended up getting the Tivoli. In case anyone with a similar question stumbles upon this post in the future, here are some brief comments. 

For a small radio, it's pretty great. The build is solid, it looks classy, and the controls are simple. It has a very warm sound that sounds great for talk radio. Obviously, the driver is limited by its size and it's not even close to full range. So not the greatest for music. But I was pleasantly surprised overall. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back