Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120
Apr 3, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,158 of 1,162
  Anyone here has any problem with ud120 windows driver?

My ud120 sometimes sound gets disabled while using it. Problem can get be solved when I tried to disable/enable it again in sound settings.

Is there any poping noised and or distortion prior or afterwards? I am actually going through this exact problem with my Audio gd NFB and it has gotten to the point where I was looking for a new DAC.... 

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #1,159 of 1,162
Is there any poping noised and or distortion prior or afterwards? I am actually going through this exact problem with my Audio gd NFB and it has gotten to the point where I was looking for a new DAC.... 
Sometime it may make one pop sound before it became mute(though windows shows its not mute).

But after i disable and enable through windows sound setting, it will be fine back. Replugging the DAC will also solve the issue.

Sometimes i wonder if its because of the wasapi I'm using.

May 21, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,160 of 1,162
The Stoner UD120 is really a special DAC. I've been comparing it back and forth to a Chord Mojo and the difference is pretty marginal. Treble is slightly more detailed and smoother on the Mojo, but I think the UD120 has a little better bass impact. Very small (but noticeable) differences. I'm having a VERY hard time justifying keeping the $500 mojo, but in this hobby, poor decisions are made for small improvements. For anyone looking for a bang for buck DAC, you couldn't possibly go wrong with the UD120, although I don't know if they're still being made. Just FYI, but my audition was made using a Yamaha RX-z9 (in pure direct mode) and also a Gemtune 300b tube amp, both with MB Quart Vera VS05 speakers. Hope this helps.

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #1,162 of 1,162
Hi, anyone would like to share your experience on the UD125? Thanks!

I even have a full review of it posted: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/06/Stoner-Acoustics-UD125-Review.html

It's in German but there's a Google Translate option.
In short, I can definitely recommend it.

I have even created a thread for it since the Head-Fi search did not show this one and no results at all when looking for "Stoner Acoustics".
Here's the dedicated thread: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/s...ac-thread-impressions-discussions-etc.852421/

9955990.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back