thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 14, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #2,476 of 4,190
The black plastic version is not an "old version", it is just a different version. Some here say they prefer the metal version, but you can be sure the gap in SQ is for sure not as big as the price gap between both versions. And maybe you would even prefer the black version. What somebody else xonsiders "better" must not necessarily match with your preferences.

May 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #2,477 of 4,190
The black plastic version is not an "old version", it is just a different version. Some here say they prefer the metal version, but you can be sure the gap in SQ is for sure not as big as the price gap between both versions. And maybe you would even prefer the black version. What somebody else xonsiders "better" must not necessarily match with your preferences.

I totally agree with your statement, there's only 2 major changes a CNC body and an upgrade Op amp. There's not a lot of review comparing the 2.. and I can't find an official statement from the manufacturer on the upgrade maybe I search it wrong..

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #2,479 of 4,190
at $329 it's an absolute steal. for the money you can't go wrong.

May 15, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #2,480 of 4,190
and I can't find an official statement from the manufacturer on the upgrade maybe I search it wrong..

Oh trust us that there's indeed a Metal version of the #1. theBit is not as active in marketing it as compared to other brands. Plus only 500 units where ever made of the Metal version. So if you're looking at a touch of exclusivity, then the Metal version is for you.

May 15, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,482 of 4,190
down to 329 USD incl, the leather case at MusicTeck. They really want me to order it...

where did you see $329? I only see $359, unless there is a coupon or some other discount?

May 15, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,484 of 4,190
Does the Opus work with Win 10?

I have a laptop on its last legs running Windows 7 that keeps shutting itself down so I plan on replacing it this week, probably with a machine running Windows 10.

If you are refering to the USB DAC function of OPUS#1, it does not work properly either with Windows 10 or with Windows 7. Windows 10 has problems detecting it (Windows 7 has not this problem), and with both the sound is cut for a second periodically after some strange clicks. I ended up buying an OPPO HA-2 to use with my computers, and all my problems have been solved.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #2,486 of 4,190
$329 is for a used one from MusicTeck on Amazon.

May 16, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #2,489 of 4,190
To all you uk guys musictek will ship to uk.
so with import taxes Should be around 300 pounds .
What a steal!
I paid the UK amazon price just in case I didn't like it
Wish I had known how much I would like it, would of saved a he'll of a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back