thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #2,371 of 4,190
Thanks , im hoping that it will be more or less upto date as the supplier im buying from was out of stock until a week to ten days ago , and I think i have read posts of others buying with the firmware upgraded from the first version and having no need to upgrade.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,373 of 4,190
Hope you'll like your new DAP. :thumbsup:

Thanks, from what i have read on this thread and other places im pretty confident i will, done a lot of research.
Was wondering if also you or anyone can answer , is the optical out socket a mini toslink?? I.e i would need mini toslink from opus 1 to standard optical for my amp???

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #2,374 of 4,190
Thanks, from what i have read on this thread and other places im pretty confident i will, done a lot of research.
Was wondering if also you or anyone can answer , is the optical out socket a mini toslink?? I.e i would need mini toslink from opus 1 to standard optical for my amp???

Yes, mini toslink. The hp out shares both line out and optical out. I tried to pair my opus1 to my mojo and the sound was addictive! Added body and warmth, soundstage was already great with both the opus1 and mojo so the result was nice. It was both highly detailed and fun sounding. If you'll get a nice pairing with an amp to your opus, it will surely be rewarding.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #2,375 of 4,190
Yes, mini toslink. The hp out shares both line out and optical out. I tried to pair my opus1 to my mojo and the sound was addictive! Added body and warmth, soundstage was already great with both the opus1 and mojo so the result was nice. It was both highly detailed and fun sounding. If you'll get a nice pairing with an amp to your opus, it will surely be rewarding.

The optical out is definitely a big plus for me, cant wait to hear this dap , i love my x7 with am3 but from what i have read i think the opus will be more my thing , not bothered about wifi, Bluetooth and other non stock players/software , just where it counts! The sound quality .

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #2,376 of 4,190
Just ordered the Opus #1 from a "sale" on it from Amazon US. Anyone on the fence about one should definitely look into it.

Pretty excited to receive it since I really enjoyed listening to it at CanJam and was also completely blown away by the sound of the Opus #2 (and blown away by the price as well).

To me they were close enough that I would want to pocket the difference in price even though it was the evident the Opus #2 sounded better to my ears.

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #2,377 of 4,190
Just ordered the Opus #1 from a "sale" on it from Amazon US. Anyone on the fence about one should definitely look into it.

Pretty excited to receive it since I really enjoyed listening to it at CanJam and was also completely blown away by the sound of the Opus #2 (and blown away by the price as well).

Got mine last year after Black Friday sale. It was still on sale for $399 on Amazon US and lasted some weeks after the big sale. Glad to see that people are also enjoying its sound as much as I still do.

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #2,378 of 4,190
Mystery Tagging Issue on transferred music . . .

I recently bought the Opus #1 (currently running 2.0.0) and began transferring my music using Android File Transfer, as I'm a Mac user. Most transferred just fine, including m3u playlists I exported from iTunes. However, there are a number of albums that show < unknown artist >.

Now I, like probably many of you, am VERY particular about my ID tagging. So I assure you my tagging is not the issue. The Opus #1 seems to completely ignore the tagging which is clearly present. I've tried all the "work-arounds" that I know (deleting and re-importing, changing "Artist" tag to see if something different happens, and a couple others), so I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this or has any ideas. So far, these are all AIFF files that I've been transferring.

Is the Opus #1 buggy? I'm a lifelong iPod user and recently made the switch to Hi-Res Audio. But hopefully I haven't made a mistake with the Opus #1.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #2,380 of 4,190
Now I, like probably many of you, am VERY particular about my ID tagging. So I assure you my tagging is not the issue. The Opus #1 seems to completely ignore the tagging which is clearly present. I've tried all the "work-arounds" that I know (deleting and re-importing, changing "Artist" tag to see if something different happens, and a couple others), so I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this or has any ideas. So far, these are all AIFF files that I've been transferring.

Is the Opus #1 buggy? I'm a lifelong iPod user and recently made the switch to Hi-Res Audio. But hopefully I haven't made a mistake with the Opus #1.

Haven't experienced this before. I'm also a bit OC with the tags on my music files. If I need to tag them one by one, I'll do it. But I'm not on MAC. I use Tag&Rename software (portable version) and that's more than enough for me. Maybe it has something to do with the firmware, if not your tagger and OS compatibility. Try flashing the firmware again my friend.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #2,381 of 4,190
Haven't experienced this before. I'm also a bit OC with the tags on my music files. If I need to tag them one by one, I'll do it. But I'm not on MAC. I use Tag&Rename software (portable version) and that's more than enough for me. Maybe it has something to do with the firmware, if not your tagger and OS compatibility. Try flashing the firmware again my friend.

How do I "flash" the firmware?

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #2,382 of 4,190
^ have you tried updating to the latest (2.00.05) firmware? Maybe that will address your issue.

In my experience, the #1 (or theBit DAPs) is far from buggy. it's one of the leanest and stable DAP firmware (similar to AK) that I have used.

I was hesitant to go beyond 2.00.00 due to all of the comments I've read on this thread about it affecting the sound.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #2,383 of 4,190
How do I "flash" the firmware?

Try following my earlier instructions.

"First, you'll need to know which firmware the device is currently on. If it's lower than 2.0, then you'll have to check the instructions on how to update to Lollipop firmware (2.0). If it's already on 2.x, then you're already on Lollipop, just check if it's the latest version by going to the firmware download page.

Note: If it's not yet on Lollipop, make sure to install the base version of it first, before installing the latest version."

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #2,384 of 4,190
^ggrrr....still can't quote comments...

"Flashing" is the same as "Updating" the firmware.

I see, i honestly can't comment on 2.00.00 as i jumped directly to 2.00.03 (coming from 1.XX). Sound wise, i really can't complain as i'm still enjoying the DAP whichever firmware it's at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back