The Shenzhen Benjie BJ-T6 / AGPtek Rocker
Apr 16, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #166 of 775
Thanks for the comparison, man! Just one more question, which is the better one in terms of output power/driving power?

There is a forum thread here on the AGPtek Imp/Aigo Z1 that might be helpful -

http://www.head-fi.org/t/806115/review-agptek-lossless-mp3-player

Comments there seem to indicate that it had no problems driving higher impedence headphones, but I don't have actual specs, maybe one of the other posters there will.

The T6/Rocker specs are -

Output Power 1:           25mW/32Ω
Output Power 2:           46mW/16Ω
Output Impedance:      16-32Ω
SNR:                           97db
THD+N:                       0.007%
MAX output voltage:     1V
MAX output current:     25mA

One other note, be sure to check out what file formats each player you are considering can actually play, especially if you have high resolution FLAC or intend to use DSD files, as the Imp and quite a few other DAPs won't play those.

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #168 of 775
Hello, far-from-an-audiophile-but-still-wandering-amongst-audiophile-forums person here! I have the IMP and was interested in the Rocker bc Bluetooth. While I cannot speak for the IMP's sound quality nor headphone driving capabilities using elaborate words like the others here (not like I actually have the proper equipment for it anyways, lol Xiaomi Hybrids and no Amp. RIP me never being able to unlock the full potential of my FLAC files) I have to say I am absolutely impressed with the build quality, except for how sharp the corners of the player are. Those things can dig into my hand a little but otherwise it isn't a major issue. The touch screen is rather responsive though the UI does take a while to get used to especially if you are used to ipods and phones like I used to be (i.e when browsing through songs, only three files can be displayed on the screen at a time). I do wish that there was an option to turn down the brightness of the buttons when they are pressed though for listening at night. 

The battery life, even when playing FLAC at moderate (15-20 out of 50) volumes can last me much more than a day long car trip (I've taken it with me 6 times so far), and while the glare of the sun can make the screen hard to see, changing the brightness settings of the player can help alleviate that a bit. 

I really wish I knew how to review sound quality like these other guys X_X I really, really do. One day I will learn and give the IMP the respect they deserve in that regard but for today I will leave it as: "They sound great," for what that statement is worth. It plays my favorite Video Game/Movie OSTs and gets me lost in them, is sturdy, has a decent UI that I was quickly able to adjust to, and has an amazing battery life. So for what I paid for I was happy. I'm excited to try them out with the KZ-ATE IEMs I am waiting for to see if they can handle classical music a bit better than the Hybrids. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #169 of 775
So..

Fast and responsive. Plays most lossless high def formats, sound quality is roughly between the Fiio X1 and the X3 2ng gen, runs for 40 hours on a single charge, has 25mW or 46mW power output, costs 50 bucks.

Whats the catch and why should i keep on using my sony NW-A35 thats slow and requires a proprietary cable ?

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #170 of 775
It's a tempting dap that I certainly don't need as I think my Shanling M1 probably kills any need for the T6, but at the same time I'm still curious.  I was kind of curious about either the T6 or giving the K9s a try, as I do like it also supports FM listening.  Has anyone tried both the T6 and the upgraded K9s, or are they both still too relatively new for someone to have both?

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #171 of 775

【AGPtek】ROCKER UPT1.06Beta Firmware Update(12th, April, 2017)​

• Enables to quick search the music or music file by alphabetic sequence under All Songs/Artists/Genres/Albums by holding the right button in music list interface
  • Relocate playlists created by users to Favorite Lists in the main interface and Music>>Favorite Lists
  • Playlist file such as .m3u and .m3u8 allows to be added under Music>>Playlists by music management software such as Media Go(.m3u and .m3u8 file can not be deleted in the player)
  • Strings modified

May 6, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #177 of 775
Yeah, it would be interesting a comparaison to any Xduoo DAP, x2 or x3?

As well, anybody compare it to the quite good sounding Benjie S5?

I'm a newbie when it come to Bluetooth technology...what technology is the better in DAP to this date? I see like...4.0 stuff but don't know anything about it. Planning to try a first pair of BT iem...

Firstly, did T6 will sound better than entry-level smarthphone bluetooth using flac music?

May 16, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #178 of 775
I'm interested in the benjie T6 to use it as a transport for mojo. I want to know if T6 has USB audio funcitonality(OTG to other DACs) does anyone tested out this functionality, requesting the owners to confirm if its possible.

May 18, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #180 of 775
No usb dac, just a basic player. I wonder why it is declared to decode 192khz 24bit? when you check the cirrus spec it can only sample maximum of 96/24bit......

Likely the original was in Chinese and it was poorly translated. Happens a lot. Try going to a Chinese page and then use Google Translate. You may be able to make sense of the result, but it will take you some time and you will never know how accurate it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back