The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device Measurement Thread [Overview of Measurements in Post #3, Tutorial in Post #2]
Feb 8, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #166 of 255
subbed...

(love you guys, keep up the good work!)

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #168 of 255
I'd also love to know iBasso PB3 amplifier output impedance, and FR response unloaded and loaded with critical IEMs. Just to check if there is some highs roll-off unloaded, like iBasso D14, and to check the behavior of that super capacitor with a low impedance load.
I've purchased a decent ADC at last (E-MU 0404 USB), and its line-out (flat extended low noise) could be used when paired with the right amplifier, to measure all kind of IEMs (so I ended the search of the ideal USB DAC to measure IEMs, and the seek for the ideal amplifier has begun).
If a PB3 falls in your (all subscribers of this thread) hands, please measure it.

Feb 20, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #169 of 255
iBasso DX200 (stock "Amp 1" amplifier module, single-ended output):

No Load (Filter #4):

Loaded (Filter #4, Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10):

iBasso claims around 0.3 Ohms (both for the single-ended and balanced headphone output) - seems very plausible.

Digital Filters (unloaded):

Overlay:

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #171 of 255
Hey guys, just a quick question - where is the option to move graphs up and down on the Y-axis? I knew that I once found it but cannot find it right now.

///edit: Nevermind, found it.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #173 of 255
my cheapest is an old sony XBA-c10 and I had it for a massive 30$!!!!!!! ^_^
I checked but the never used or damaged stuff I have around is all with dynamic driver and really small or no impedance change at all. maybe someone not far from you would give a damaged BA IEM for the cost of delivery? as long as one driver is making noise, even if the nozzle is crushed or one side is cut off, that would probably still be fine for your intended purpose.
I thought I still had one xba1 driver(I ruined the other one trying to solder a cable on it...eat the surface they said...), but I can't find it, probably went to the garbage to hide my failure. if I can find it and it works I'll measure the impedance and come back to you, but don't hold your breath.

May 7, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #174 of 255
Cowon Plenue 2 (single-ended output):

No Load:

#1.jpg

Triple.Fi 10:

TripleFi 10.jpg

=> Very good 0.6 Ohms output impedance, as also stated by Cowon, confirmed.

All Digital Filters:

all_filters.jpg

JetEffect:

Semi-Parametric EQ:

Frequency:

JetEffect Frequency.jpg

Bandwidth:

JetEffect Bandwidth.jpg

BBE:

JetEffect BBE.jpg

Mach3Bass:

JetEffect Mach3Bass.jpg

Finally found the time to post my measurements...

PS: The Plenue 2 is a delight for all people who are generally sensitive to perceiving hiss and are using very sensitive IEMs. It even somewhat outperforms my beloved iBasso DX90 in this regard, whom I considered to be the best standalone DAP with low output impedance when it comes to being hiss-free with super sensitive IEMs.

PPS: I'm personally really not sure what to think of Head-Fi's new design and layout (well, I actually am, and while I don't think anymore that it sucks as much as I did when they switched over to the new infrastructure, I better shouldn't comment about it in public as what I'm thinking of it is not so nice (imo they destroyed the user experience and ease of navigation)).

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #176 of 255
Hi

Fiio A1

Frequency response
fr.png

Frequency response + KZ ZS5 Locking Good!

fr.png

Noise level + KZ ZS5 The Noise Locks even better den Unloaded!

noise.png

THD + Noise (at -3 dB FS)
thd.png

Noise level
ns.png

Stereo crosstalk
ct.png

Greetings
Dan

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #180 of 255
Sony XA + KZ ZS5 And KZ ATE

The Sony XA did not work with just the soundcard load, so i used the mild 16Ohm Load of the KZ ATE.

The heights on this Phone Sound amazingsingly Crisp and Detailed without getting Aggressive at all, Amplified with Low OutputImpedance of course.

OutputImpedance about 40 Ohm.

fr.png

The crosstalk is just about OK.
ct.png

Greetings
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back