The Perth, Western Australia Head-Fi Meet Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #286 of 325
Shozy Alien and E12a are a really good portable rig together. Would have that if I didn't need the X5's power for my Beyers.

How do you find the X5? I heard it had some firmware issues in the beginning or something? I think I'd like the DAP/DAC functionality, besides the fact I don't have a Hi Res player atm.. The Alien sounds worth a look too thanks.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #287 of 325
Shozy Alien and E12a are a really good portable rig together. Would have that if I didn't need the X5's power for my Beyers.

How do you find the X5? I heard it had some firmware issues in the beginning or something? I think I'd like the DAP/DAC functionality, besides the fact I don't have a Hi Res player atm.. The Alien sounds worth a look too thanks.

I got mine from when I went overseas, but you can get them online in Australia.

Mar 8, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #288 of 325

Sadly less reasons for me to go back to Perth these days but you guys should try to meet up regularly, especially now that you can all go crash the new Jaben store there.

How come?

And thanks for the heads up about Jaben - I had no idea.

Anyway I'm up for a meet if I can fit it in with my schedule which these days is very busy :-/

I used to go back to Perth often 'cos my dad was ill. He passed this April (believe it or not it was in the late evening after this meet). As my mum is more mobile, it's easier for her to travel to Japan to meet me than it is for me to bring my family back to Perth for holidays.

Sorry to hear that Sean. Hopefully everything's holding up for you in Japan.

Jun 30, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #289 of 325
I'm back in town & just gonna throw it out there again if anyone is keen to meet up at Jaben Perth next weekend 9th Jul in the morning? I brought back with me the AK380 Copper with amp, Tralucent 1Plus2.2, Shure KSE1500, Earsonics S-EM9.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #291 of 325
I'm back in town & just gonna throw it out there again if anyone is keen to meet up at Jaben Perth next weekend 9th Jul in the morning? I brought back with me the AK380 Copper with amp, Tralucent 1Plus2.2, Shure KSE1500, Earsonics S-EM9.

I'm in, I'll bring along the Onkyo DP-X1 and ADEL U12

Jul 1, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #292 of 325
I dont have a car at the moment. If the meet location aint too far from my home i can bring my LCD4 and GSX MK2 together. I live near Curtin University.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #294 of 325
Hi all,

I had a chat with Audrey/Roger and they''ll open the store for us at 11 a.m. So far there's :-

Me,
Chris
Archeryc
djvkool

Anyone else would like to join?

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #295 of 325
Looking forward to seeing you all there! It's been like... 2 or three years since I was on this Forum haha!

Jul 9, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #296 of 325
Thank you all for coming to the city today for a cosy Head-Fi meet in the Perth Jaben store today. And a big thanks to Audrey and Roger opening up the store early to accomodate us, giving us coffee and cookies/muffins too!

We had not only seasoned Perth Head-Fi members joining but some Head-Fi lurkers joining us too, bringing along their Hugo TT's, LCD-4's, Grado's, along with Jaben allowing us to demo their Audeze SINEs, AAW's, B&Os, and a multitude of their other offerings. There were 2x LCD-4's one by Jaben and another by @archeryc, pre and post upgraded. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test but maybe @archeryc could share the differences in presentation between the two. But the LCD-4s off the Hugo TT was really pleasing to the ears. I'm generally not so much of an LCD fan (or should I say with the older LCD-2/3 pre-Fazor, and have hardly given Audeze a chance since), but that LCD-4/Hugo TT was rather unexpected.

Similarly, listening to Jaben's AAW's, they were more affordable than I thought with CIEMs starting off from AUD$400. Yes sure "back in the early days" it was possible but as most of us have seen escalating prices of CIEMs (and audio in general), it was a welcoming surprise of one being able to get CIEMs for that price.

Here are some pix from the day :-

[L-R] your truly, buckles, Michael, archeryc, Audrey & Roger (unfortunately djvkool had left)

Two LCD-4s by archeryc and Jaben

Trying out a few affordable AAW demos (for CIEMs) in various BA/DD combinations

djvkool explaining to Audrey how basketball and audio doesn't really mix

A little listen to the B&O off the AK380Cu

And a to-die-for Chord Hugo TT. I have to say this drove the Audeze LCD-4's really really well - honey to ones ears.

The Jaben wall of earphones.

Beyer's on display.

We had a table set up for us with chair and quickly realised "We need more space"

djvkool and his thumbs-up approval to @spkrs01 new Tralucent 1Plus2.2

Michael giving the Shures KSE1500 a shot

buckles realising Spandau Ballet's really "True" out of the LCD-4's

Once again thanks to Jaben folks to open the store for us and also a big thanks to the Perth Head-Fi members to make the time to  meet up. Everyone was warm and friendly and truly a pleasure to meet.

Jul 9, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #297 of 325
I have to say this meet meant a lot to me and i believe we all had some fun with it. Thx again everyone for sharing your equipments here and its been a great time for me to talk with you guys!

Need to mention that the Hugo TT sounds very good, although its a DAC Amp combo, its DAC and build in amp is exerllent, and it drives the LCD4 well. The 100ohm and 200ohm version of LCD4 sounds obvious different, sound signature is same. But somehow the new version gave me some more clearity on treble and also has firmer bass. The main difference of the 200 and 100ohm is the volume! On Hugo TT with the 100ohm, volume at light blue to blue, its super loud already, but with the 200ohm version i have to turn up to blue above (can't remember what colour it was...) and it gets barely loud to my ear. Maybe thats also the reason, with that much power comes out from the Hugo TT, it drives the 200ohm LCD4 better than the 100ohm version.

The combo i use at home for LCD4 is the GSX MK2 balance out to LCD4. If anyone interested you are welcome to my house and give it a try. I will have to say this is the best combo i ever heard. :)

Jul 13, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #298 of 325
I only heard about this through the FB Jaben page. Shame I missed it as I'm sure you guys brought over some gear that I would have been interested in testing. I'll bookmark this thread in case you decide to meet again. My only contribution would have been the Beyerdynamic DT1770 pro, the ADL Cruise amp and the IE800.

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #299 of 325
Hi gerbi, sorry we missed you too! The Perth meets are far & few but there seems to be a sufficient following to have something more regular. Folks here are warm, & friendly!

Jul 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #300 of 325
Hi gerbi, sorry we missed you too! The Perth meets are far & few but there seems to be a sufficient following to have something more regular. Folks here are warm, & friendly!

Thank you. It would be fantastic being able to maybe meet more regularly. Happy to receive pm from fellow members in the future to get together... waiting for the first Australian Cam Jam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back