The new portable amp Aune B1
Jan 10, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #110 of 147
  Cool! let us know ur impressions.

I have put in a good 5 hours of straight listening with the B1 with all types of music just using my Creative Aurvana 3. I used these on purpose on the high gain to see if it would make a difference as they are not the best but not the worst earphones I have. 

I used the high gain, and I have to say the B1 is quick, clean, powerful, and adds no coloration to the source and transfers over the source cleanly at all levels of listening, meaning it's clean and clear at low volume to full volume with 0% distortion. Some have said there is no background hiss. Well there is on high gain but it's extremely tiny and only detectable at more than 80% volume. Very very acceptable. Some have said it has a dark background, I agree 100%.  

What impressed me the most is how it keeps it's clarity at full volume with authority. I love that! I like to listen to some favorite songs louder than others. This is how I determine what a portable amp can or can not do. Other amps I that I have seem to struggle out or distort at higher levels. I even tested some very high end recordings from Techmaster P.E.B and they sound clean, and clear at all levels. The bass is super heavy on from this artist and the B1 controlled the bass again with authority and no distortion. I even tried to throw in some EQ to see if I can cause any distortion and that idea failed miserably. It handled the added 40 and 80hz cleanly and accurately! I am impressed again.  

The B1 makes me feel like I'm listening to my Asgard 2 which says a lot! I love the clarity and level of detail that it can produce. I have yet to really burn it in fully and I am already seeing this as my favorite next to my Cypherlabs and that was just out of my LG Optimus G Pro with ALAC and a line out! I can say this amp has made me end my search for a portable clean powerful amp.  

I am kinda scared what it can do with my other earphones and other sources!

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #111 of 147

I didn't think there were enough photos in this thread.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #112 of 147
After some more time with the B1, I have to say that it's so very much similar sounding to my Ray Samuels P-51. The B1 having a larger current ability than the P-51 is evident in the oomp of the sound, but all else it matches the P-51 on all other aspects. That is pretty amazing considering the P-51 is/was $375.00!

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #113 of 147
Canadian leg of the M2 DAP (Pro version) and B1 amp (2016 version) tag team tour is ready to go. Any takers? If so, head on over to http://www.head-fi.org/t/788289/aune-m2-32bit-dsd-portable-player-usa-and-canada-review-tour-thread to register.

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #115 of 147
Which kind of inputs does it accept? If I'm not wrong it's just 3.5mm and NOT coax/toslink right?

Also, can you recap me the main differences between the 2016 and 2015 version and how to spot them since I never saw "2016/2015" in the advertisment?

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #116 of 147
Which kind of inputs does it accept? If I'm not wrong it's just 3.5mm and NOT coax/toslink right?

Also, can you recap me the main differences between the 2016 and 2015 version and how to spot them since I never saw "2016/2015" in the advertisment?

3.5mm jack only. 2016 has lower gain for IEM's. 2015 had higher gain but when used with IEM's at low volume the volume balance was off L/R. 2016 also has a small white dot on the volume knob, 2015 did not.

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #117 of 147
Looking around a bit I've seen the explicit "2016 version" stamp only on the official auneaudio site, which to me looks like all the others are still 2015's. Not even sure how much the gain problem with the 2015 version is a real problem or just a splitting the hair kind-of-problem, you know sometimes it happens just like that :)

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #118 of 147
Looking around a bit I've seen the explicit "2016 version" stamp only on the official auneaudio site, which to me looks like all the others are still 2015's. Not even sure how much the gain problem with the 2015 version is a real problem or just a splitting the hair kind-of-problem, you know sometimes it happens just like that
smily_headphones1.gif

The 2015 was a problem as it's higher gains with more sensitive IEM's people had to turn down the volume. In doing so there was a channel imbalance so that was addressed in the new version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back