The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 25, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #9,724 of 12,969
i've seen a couple of e12 and c5 in the classies.

strapped one of them to the e18 and you'll have a nice budget bomber
Had the C5+E18 stacked and I sent the Cayin back because of the top being loose. I also felt it wasn't enough to rattle my head. Will probably buy another one to hold me off for a while. I had the SZ1000's at one point, maybe the 2000's will be different with the Cayin. Any knowledge of if a drop on the Cayin will happen on Massdrop?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #9,725 of 12,969
The iDSD is singlehandedly the best thing I've purchased so far in this hobby. Hands down. It is desktop power in a portable device, you can run everything from sensitive IEMs to the JVC or planars. Were I in your situation, I'd just hold off on buying another amp until you saved up for the iDSD.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #9,726 of 12,969
The iDSD is singlehandedly the best thing I've purchased so far in this hobby. Hands down. It is desktop power in a portable device, you can run everything from sensitive IEMs to the JVC or planars. Were I in your situation, I'd just hold off on buying another amp until you saved up for the iDSD.
I would like the Black Label because of the better bass boost switch and cleaner sound over the original, but on eBay used versions of the original iDSD are going for just $300.

Jul 26, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #9,728 of 12,969
20170727_000346[1].jpg

Sounds dope..

Not basshead but can change the amp module. Need to get my hands on the most potent one

Attachments

• 20170726_001223[1].jpg
    20170726_001223[1].jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 28, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #9,733 of 12,969
Decided to revisit troubleshooting my concerns. This time I've uploaded a video. I've added a small white sticker on the amp's volume indicator for better visibility.

Test Track

Video

EQ Settings

Turbo
Xbass ON
3D ON
Direct

What do you guys think? Is this distortion or am I losing it?

While we're on the subject, are there any "scientific" tests that can be done to determine whether the cans are clipping/distorting?

Thanks again.

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #9,734 of 12,969
Decided to revisit troubleshooting my concerns. This time I've uploaded a video. I've added a small white sticker on the amp's volume indicator for better visibility.

Test Track

Video

EQ Settings

Turbo
Xbass ON
3D ON
Direct

What do you guys think? Is this distortion or am I losing it?

While we're on the subject, are there any "scientific" tests that can be done to determine whether the cans are clipping/distorting?

Thanks again.

First off,

Take a ****ing bow bro.

This is how you ask a question. Nice!

That is distortion, the fluttering.

• Are you feeding that via PC?
  • Have you tried with a line out of a DAP to the iDSD?
  • Drop all freq to floor across the board except for a peak at 55Hz as high as you can until the roll-off hits 0dB at the beginning of the EQ graph (20Hz?)
  • Now max that.

You can compensate for lower slope with more gain since the other freq are flattened.

Are you still getting the fluttering?

FYI

90% of SZ issues had a PC in the chain. specs be damned it is a real observation so I always ask

Jul 28, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #9,735 of 12,969
First off,

Take a ****ing bow bro.

This is how you ask a question. Nice!

That is distortion, the fluttering.

• Are you feeding that via PC?
  • Have you tried with a line out of a DAP to the iDSD?
  • Drop all freq to floor across the board except for a peak at 55Hz as high as you can until the roll-off hits 0dB at the beginning of the EQ graph (20Hz?)
  • Now max that.
You can compensate for lower slope with more gain since the other freq are flattened.

Are you still getting the fluttering?

FYI

90% of SZ issues had a PC in the chain. specs be damned it is a real observation so I always ask
Thank you very much! Trying to be as technical as possible.

- That is correct, I am feeding via PC.
- Guess my iPhone can be considered a DAP. Here are two videos.

Demonstrating the app I'm using: Accudio. Adding the "True HiFi" profile for the cans.

In case the EQ settings weren't visible enough, here they are.

Results

Same amp settings as above.

- I did try singling out the 55Hz frequency and maxing it out on the PC, but the end results were still terrible.

I can try with the Cayin C5, but I'm sure it'll be a similar scenario. Anything that I've missed? Should I be considered with "Direct/Preamp" or "IEM Sensitivity"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back