The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 8, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #9,679 of 12,970
What modern hip hop albums do you follow bass heads recommend these days?

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #9,680 of 12,970
Just to name a few. They all don't have heavy bass lines but its good hiphop.

kendrick Lamar- To Pimp a Butterfly, D.A.M.N, good kid maad city
Juicy J - Stay Trippy
j.cole - 2014 forest hill drive
Lupe Fiasco - drogas light, food and liquor II
Dilated Peoples - Director of Photography
Schoolboy Q - Blank Face, oxymoron
Kid Cudi - passion pain and demon slayin, satellite flight

Then you have all the mumble rappers on the radio... lil'_____.

Jul 8, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #9,681 of 12,970
Well I think that you missed the DT-880...some of these listed there, are not hi-end headphones, so I can not comment on them, as I have zero experience with them, but the TH-X00, not of the three versions, are bass monsters, indeed I feel them very accurate, articulated and refined in the bass dept, so far the best I have ever heard from headphones, of course I have not heard all of the headphones in the market, but at least quite a few....

Jul 9, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #9,682 of 12,970
Well I think that you missed the DT-880

Nope, didn't miss anything.

Back on bass topic...

These Z7 can in-fact slam like their 70mm drivers would indicate but if you take them off head the drivers distort audibly or a wire or something is making contact with the back of the diaphragm? Not sure?
They stay in control when on head and pressure is normal but "free-air"?...they lose it.
That is an iFi iDSD in Turbo with Onkyo eq with a massive ski slope.

IMGP6252.JPG

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #9,683 of 12,970
Nope, didn't miss anything.

Back on bass topic...

These Z7 can in-fact slam like their 70mm drivers would indicate but if you take them off head the drivers distort audibly or a wire or something is making contact with the back of the diaphragm? Not sure?
They stay in control when on head and pressure is normal but "free-air"?...they lose it.
That is an iFi iDSD in Turbo with Onkyo eq with a massive ski slope.

The same thing happened with the latest set of lcd2 that I had. it was slamming when they were on my head but when I took them off i would hear distortion. Have no idea why it would do that. The non-fazor i had a couple years back didn't do that. Maybe it had something to do with that fazor plate that they use.

nice to hear that the z7 slam, might have to try them if the new set of iems coming in doesn't pan out.

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #9,684 of 12,970
I've been answering a few questions about headphones on another forum, but one question keeps coming up, and I don't have a good solution. Many people are looking for a headphone with good bass, reasonably durable and portable for less than $100. Is there a solution on the market that doesn't also have the bass muddy up the midrange?

You guys seem to concentrate on the lower registers, so thought I'd look for suggestions here.

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #9,685 of 12,970
I've been answering a few questions about headphones on another forum, but one question keeps coming up, and I don't have a good solution. Many people are looking for a headphone with good bass, reasonably durable and portable for less than $100. Is there a solution on the market that doesn't also have the bass muddy up the midrange?

You guys seem to concentrate on the lower registers, so thought I'd look for suggestions here.

My suggestion would be the ATH-WS770iS from Audio Technica. It's usually about $130 but it's on sale now for $83. It's capable of some good deep bass without muddying up the other frequencies. Below is a bass paper test vid I did for the ATH-WS770iS to see if the bass could move the paper.

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #9,690 of 12,970
Didn't do the paper test. I couldn't even get the paper vibration trick with my V Moda m100s looking like it does in the OP. I guess it's because I don't have a dedicated AMP. I decided to order an Uber Schiit Stack and try again when that comes in. I'll put all my cans through the test when I get that amp/dac in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back