The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 14, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #9,511 of 12,957
HBB, thanks for doing the heavy lifting on the driver swap for us and sharing your findings ;-p
This is the cable that I got, but it is too heavy for portable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172035253820?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I don't take my DXB-04s outside anyway. I have some JVC HAMR60s for walking the dogs. They can kick some serious bass, they have phone control, and since I switched the pads to M5 they are strangely comfortable.

The cables you linked look really good, they are the right size, and they look like they are weight proportional to the DXB-04. Is that about $50/6K yen?

May 14, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #9,512 of 12,957
HBB, thanks for doing the heavy lifting on the driver swap for us and sharing your findings ;-p
This is the cable that I got, but it is too heavy for portable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172035253820?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I don't take my DXB-04s outside anyway. I have some JVC HAMR60s for walking the dogs. They can kick some serious bass, they have phone control, and since I switched the pads to M5 they are strangely comfortable.

The cables you linked look really good, they are the right size, and they look like they are weight proportional to the DXB-04. Is that about $50/6K yen?

Yeah ,I bought the cable at Yahoo auction. About $50 U.S. for a Mogami balanced. I'm stoked. Thanks for the idea :)

Yeah the JVC 60 are the new version 55x which were the set that started my whole headphone bass journey. They are gone but the 77x are still here with me.

May 14, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #9,513 of 12,957
Good work on picking up that cable.
JVC didn't carry the HAM77X over into the current line up. I thought the HAMR60X was going to suck, but after I changed out the pads they are pretty comfy air blowers for my wig ;-@

PS. I don't usually like in-line mics, but when I'm outside, a lot of people know me on the block, so I like to be able to hit pause rather than pull an ear cup.

May 14, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #9,514 of 12,957
I got DDs and love them so far. Thanks HBB for the rec! I'm not an audiophile and don't have a lot of audio gear. My setup includes an Fiio X5 gen2, Cayin C5, SZ2K with Brainwavz pads and now the DDs (and Sony xb950bt when I need to go wireless). Before that, the only decent quality cans I had were the Sennheiser hd 380 pro. The DDs are my best overall sounding cans (they seem to handle my crazy bass heavy EQ slopes and sound sweet) and I really enjoy the SZ2Ks when I want the extra pounding and rattling.

I found these and want to know if you guys think they are the same as the DDs....
https://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Wraith-Premium-Genuine-Headphones/dp/B00ZGNX8XC

May 14, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #9,515 of 12,957
I got DDs and love them so far. Thanks HBB for the rec! I'm not an audiophile and don't have a lot of audio gear. My setup includes an Fiio X5 gen2, Cayin C5, SZ2K with Brainwavz pads and now the DDs (and Sony xb950bt when I need to go wireless). Before that, the only decent quality cans I had were the Sennheiser hd 380 pro. The DDs are my best overall sounding cans (they seem to handle my crazy bass heavy EQ slopes and sound sweet) and I really enjoy the SZ2Ks when I want the extra pounding and rattling.

I found these and want to know if you guys think they are the same as the DDs....
https://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Wraith-Premium-Genuine-Headphones/dp/B00ZGNX8XC

Seems like this company and DD used the same manufacturer but tuned differently to each companies demands.

Some researched showed that the set from amazon uses a 40mm driver where DD uses a 50mm driver.

My brother was looking for bt set, so i might grab these to do a comparison then give it to him.

Anyone in the US willing to let me borrow their DD for a couple of days.:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 14, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #9,516 of 12,957

They are pretty sweet!
I just got a new cable for mine which is my official stamp of approval :)

No veil,no treble or sub bass roll-off that I can detect = WIN

May 15, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #9,517 of 12,957
Ok, you won't believe this, but after doing some research online and getting a couple of these sub $100 "woodys", I stumbled upon these:
SIVGA SV007 on Amazon. Now, I could not find any information on who makes these or anything else about them. But they stank of knock off esque flagship.
I am wearing them now. Listening to Bass Boosted Trap. OMG! These are $400 headphones for $100. The sound all the way across the board is clean and clear. No bumps or dips that I can hear. It came in what I would call China packaging and accessories. Like the cardboard is just a little mushy, like the whole thing has been in a dusty, dank warehouse for too long. Even the "Instructions" had that soft, mushy feel. I bring all of this up because in the "instructions" the was a FR Graph that looked too good to be true. I figured they ripped it from somewhere. I am wearing them right now, and my mind is officially blown. These are crazy good bass monsters for under a C-note delivered. My only quibble is a single sided cable, but it is removable, 3.5 mm TRS, and comes with two cables, and two adaptors. That being said, 3.5 to 3.5 is pretty f'n common and easy to get. Plus, the cable is not great, but it is better than the DD DXB-04 cable, and the 1/4" adaptor screws on.
I wouldn't even mention these on head=fi, but they have taken me so by surprise and I don't think they will be around for long.

IMG_8893_zpslgww4mpg.jpg

61bYnbkMLbL._SL1000__zpsbpdtkcbe.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718VWCB...olid=2SOY7KI7AYZ5D&coliid=I35CTALJGVRP8R&th=1

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #9,518 of 12,957
Ok, you won't believe this, but after doing some research online and getting a couple of these sub $100 "woodys", I stumbled upon these:
SIVGA SV007 on Amazon. Now, I could not find any information on who makes these or anything else about them. But they stank of knock off esque flagship.
I am wearing them now. Listening to Bass Boosted Trap. OMG! These are $400 headphones for $100. The sound all the way across the board is clean and clear. No bumps or dips that I can hear. It came in what I would call China packaging and accessories. Like the cardboard is just a little mushy, like the whole thing has been in a dusty, dank warehouse for too long. Even the "Instructions" had that soft, mushy feel. I bring all of this up because in the "instructions" the was a FR Graph that looked too good to be true. I figured they ripped it from somewhere. I am wearing them right now, and my mind is officially blown. These are crazy good bass monsters for under a C-note delivered. My only quibble is a single sided cable, but it is removable, 3.5 mm TRS, and comes with two cables, and two adaptors. That being said, 3.5 to 3.5 is pretty f'n common and easy to get. Plus, the cable is not great, but it is better than the DD DXB-04 cable, and the 1/4" adaptor screws on.
I wouldn't even mention these on head=fi, but they have taken me so by surprise and I don't think they will be around for long.

IMG_8893_zpslgww4mpg.jpg

61bYnbkMLbL._SL1000__zpsbpdtkcbe.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718VWCB...olid=2SOY7KI7AYZ5D&coliid=I35CTALJGVRP8R&th=1

Please do a paper test and let's see what this headphone can do
party.gif

May 15, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #9,519 of 12,957

Wow, those look nice for $100. Is the build actually up to par? How does it compare to DD?

Here I was thinking of dropping 1K on the Atticus, but there's some good budget bass phones on here. DD already sounds pretty good at $100. But I'm tempted at some end-game bass phones (without that JVC veil or Fostex brightness).

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #9,520 of 12,957
How much of an upgrade would TH-X00s be over M-100s? How would the sub bass compare to the M-100s and EX800STs? I've been eyeing the X00s since they came out, but can't force myself to pull the trigger due to price, and the fact that I have the M-100s already. I've been looking into getting a replacement for my current daily driver HD650s, since they pretty much put me to sleep listening to anything that needs ample bass. I've considered just swapping them for my M-100s, but the M-100s honestly don't impress me too much in the bass department, so I just decided to stick with the clearer and smoother 650s, boring as they are. I've also considered getting the much more affordable SZ2ks, but I'm worried that the downgrade in clarity would be too much for me to stomach coming from 650s. I could handle the slight clarity downgrade (and massive bass upgrade) going from M-100s to EX800STs for my portable cans since I don't use them that much, and when I do I pretty much only listen to hip-hop/edm, but I listen to a lot of swing, KPop, rock, folk, etc. at my desk, so vocals and clarity are pretty important.. Also, I do have an amp and a dac. (modi 2 and vali 2)

May 15, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #9,521 of 12,957
How much of an upgrade would TH-X00s be over M-100s? How would the sub bass compare to the M-100s and EX800STs? I've been eyeing the X00s since they came out, but can't force myself to pull the trigger due to price, and the fact that I have the M-100s already. I've been looking into getting a replacement for my current daily driver HD650s, since they pretty much put me to sleep listening to anything that needs ample bass. I've considered just swapping them for my M-100s, but the M-100s honestly don't impress me too much in the bass department, so I just decided to stick with the clearer and smoother 650s, boring as they are. I've also considered getting the much more affordable SZ2ks, but I'm worried that the downgrade in clarity would be too much for me to stomach coming from 650s. I could handle the slight clarity downgrade (and massive bass upgrade) going from M-100s to EX800STs for my portable cans since I don't use them that much, and when I do I pretty much only listen to hip-hop/edm, but I listen to a lot of swing, KPop, rock, folk, etc. at my desk, so vocals and clarity are pretty important.. Also, I do have an amp and a dac. (modi 2 and vali 2)

Having heard both TH-X00 (Purpleheart) and EMU Teak, i would say they are worth it. I haven't heard of the M-100, but compared to the SZ2k, they were a satisfying upgrade. You trade off insane bass response for much better clarity. The bass is still good of course. You can also customize your sound based on which cups you purchase. Purplehearts were a little too hot in the upper mids for me, which is why I switched to EMU (plus I prefer detachable cables). Their Teak cups are more balanced. Ebony is the wood to go with for both brands, as it has the best bass with smoother highs. Palo Santo was the same as the Ebony, but without the smoother highs. I'm actually selling EMUs, but I don't know your budget. Additional cups are expensive too ($80-$120).

May 16, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #9,522 of 12,957
@ctaxxxx
The build on the sv007 is beyound the dd dxb-04. I suspect that all of these "woodys" are made in the same sweat shop on mainland China. The sv is actual over ear while the dd is psydo on ear. The sv has good sub bass but is not slanted as a bass can. The mids and highs are awesome. The sv is very comfortable. I am glad that I got the dd, bit I want to take a bath in the sv. I have that crazy feeling like I want to buy more of them even though I already have them. One slight quible is the single sided cable, I usually prefer double sided cable. But having single side 3.5 trs makes it very easy to try other cables.
I will do some more listening and get back to you.

May 16, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #9,523 of 12,957
After listening to the DD and the SV side by side using Bass Mechanik- King of Bass:
The DD has greater over head. The SV diver starts to hit the the grill or baffle after the bass goes beyound loud listening, where the DD goes farther without distortion. The SV doesn't distort, but I can hear the driver hitting something only on the right side. The SV is still more comfortable and more musical. The SV becomes audible at 22 hz while the DD becomes audible at 25 hz. I will use the Bass Outlaws-Stereo Bass next:
DD went a little louder without distorting, but at listening levels normal and high, the SV sounded better, fuller, more musical.
In conclusion I would not be disappointed with either of these cans.
But then, I have them both:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back