THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Sep 15, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #3,646 of 3,874
I don't actually keep my cables like that. I just did that for the picture. Normally I just loosely wind the cables in my hand and hang them on the posts. Sometimes the plugs will fall due to gravity, so I will drop the plug into the headphone cup. 

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #3,648 of 3,874
I thought so. But aside from cable rolling, your stand looks amazing and very doable. I still think we need to think of a way to fight off dusts.

This used to be black. If you see what i mean...

I don't actually keep my cables like that. I just did that for the picture. Normally I just loosely wind the cables in my hand and hang them on the posts. Sometimes the plugs will fall due to gravity, so I will drop the plug into the headphone cup. 

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #3,651 of 3,874
I'm thinking of doing an IEM/earbud style one to make my earbud collection a little more manageable. Has anyone tried this before? My challenges will be accommodating ~20 sets while being convenient and looking nice.

Thinking it might involve lots of very small hooks..

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #3,652 of 3,874
I'm thinking of doing an IEM/earbud style one to make my earbud collection a little more manageable. Has anyone tried this before? My challenges will be accommodating ~20 sets while being convenient and looking nice.

I did mine with a bunch of small hooks, it works well as long as you coil them up between each use (zip ties work, but I prefer the strings that you just twist on to keep it tidy). If you want a more aestetic look though, I did draw up some small sketches for a more elaborate design. I just got to impatient to actually getting around to making it.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #3,653 of 3,874
I did mine with a bunch of small hooks, it works well as long as you coil them up between each use (zip ties work, but I prefer the strings that you just twist on to keep it tidy). If you want a more aestetic look though, I did draw up some small sketches for a more elaborate design. I just got to impatient to actually getting around to making it.

Thanks for the inspiration. I am hoping to incorporate some sort of clip to keep them from unravelling.  Something like this...

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #3,654 of 3,874
Thanks for the inspiration. I am hoping to incorporate some sort of clip to keep them from unravelling.  Something like this...

That could work,. However a lot of wires just want to twist and such so the only real way to lock them down is by using a couple of hooks together, that or somethng like zip ties to keep them together. I would love for your method to work though as it would surely simplify the way I'll make my future IEM stand.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #3,655 of 3,874

Do a google search for 

"necklace tree"
or
"necklace organizer"

you will gets lots of idea, or you just might buy something.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,657 of 3,874

Do a google search for 

"necklace tree"
or
"necklace organizer"

you will gets lots of idea, or you just might buy something.

Great Idea!
'necklace organizer DIY'

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=796&q=necklace+tree&oq=necklace+tree&gs_l=img.12..0l4j0i30k1l3j0i5i30k1l3.1459.1459.0.4477.1.1.0.0.0.0.88.88.1.1.0....0...1ac.2.64.img..0.1.88.9Nn9vc4VI-M#tbm=isch&q=necklace+organizer+diy

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #3,660 of 3,874
Hmmm. neat idea! Maybe if i find one big enough premade for a nice price...

I found this one on gearbest if youre still looking. It's not the nicest looking thing in the world, but I think I'm going to copy the concept for my own design at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back