The discovery thread!
May 21, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #33,256 of 99,293
Say hello to Takstar Pro 82 - a great improvement over Pro 80!

Takstar Pro 82 Review
Takstar Pro 82 Review, impressions and discussion thread

upload_2017-5-22_3-49-57.png

May 24, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #33,257 of 99,293
Keep 'em coming! I'm on my third Elecom recently. All are winners though the GB1000 is not quite for me but was the first one i got so it was certainly good or I wouldn't have bought more
tongue.gif
. Have taken over from AT for me, atm. Pioneer I like a lot, JVC I like(started the club), Sony I like but kinda switched from AT over to Elecom. Like the sound and approach with whoever they are working with to make there stuff.

Soured some on Senn too as they have gotten worse from a design/ergonomics standpoint and they rehash too much and they seemed to have dropped making earbuds and are taking forever to fill in the IE60 through IE80 range with new models which are old and dated. Ages since they put out earphones in the $150 - $300 range.

Recently bought some more Elecom after my good impressions of my first purchase of the brand. Even better this time, the Elecom EHP R/HH1000 earphones. Very good soundstage, more bass, but not bleeding at all into the mids, musical whilst detailed. They look a bit bulky, but are light weight and comfortable (with complys that I use, the supplied large eartips fit me but I preferred the isolation and fit of the complys, saying that, everybody has their own likes/dislikes with tips). I've previously heard many BA/DD hybrids, but never been too impressed with the integration of the drivers, but not with these! Thoroughly enjoying them. For $130 they are worth every penny imo. Looks like these are keepers.

May 24, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #33,258 of 99,293
Still waiting on my Elecom's to arrive :frowning2: In the meantime, these EM-I CI800's continue to impress.

20170524_100952_HDR[1].jpg

Been putting them in for quick listening sessions here and there and they've pretty much become my favorite budget hybrid. Nicely balanced, detailed sound. Would take them over the Audbos K3 and DB-02, 1More C1002, KZ ZST, etc. Treble is particularly nice, tilting towards a thin presentation. It's very clean and crisp; no harshness. They have a fairly lush mid-range and punchy bass with a fairly tame boost. It avoids the big bass and bright treble qualities most of these cheap-o hybrids tend to display. Nice soundstage too.

May 25, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #33,259 of 99,293
Recently bought some more Elecom after my good impressions of my first purchase of the brand. Even better this time, the Elecom EHP R/HH1000 earphones. Very good soundstage, more bass, but not bleeding at all into the mids, musical whilst detailed. They look a bit bulky, but are light weight and comfortable (with complys that I use, the supplied large eartips fit me but I preferred the isolation and fit of the complys, saying that, everybody has their own likes/dislikes with tips). I've previously heard many BA/DD hybrids, but never been too impressed with the integration of the drivers, but not with these! Thoroughly enjoying them. For $130 they are worth every penny imo. Looks like these are keepers.

Was quite interested in the CB1000 after some good reviews and the price going close to $130 plus shipping. The slightly more neutral leaning than the HH1000 and it's Beryllium driver. But a different kind of hybrid being Dynamic plus piezo vertical support tweeter. Was reading a blog where the person declared the CB1000 the winner over the Sony XBA-N3 and the K30003.

Heck I love my Pioneer but at twice the price they really can't put much that distance at all between the EHP-CH1010 in the SQ dept.

May 25, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #33,260 of 99,293
So it has been a while since I contributed a discovery worthy of the name of this thread. I remember when I first started this thread it was in the name of discovery that I would dive head first into numerous phones to find that illusive one. Since then I can't count how many great earphones and gears we all had a hand in discovering. Well I have a big reveal today.

Later on today I will reveal something completely new to headfi and the world in our discovery thread. I am preparing my review of what is another collaboration from Massdrop. I will post a dedicated review and also post the review on here as well. Will have the big reveal later.

May 25, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #33,261 of 99,293
something completely new to headfi and the world
Wow, you have my attention

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-25_14-42-19.png
    upload_2017-5-25_14-42-19.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 0
May 25, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #33,262 of 99,293
So it has been a while since I contributed a discovery worthy of the name of this thread. I remember when I first started this thread it was in the name of discovery that I would dive head first into numerous phones to find that illusive one. Since then I can't count how many great earphones and gears we all had a hand in discovering. Well I have a big reveal today.

Later on today I will reveal something completely new to headfi and the world in our discovery thread. I am preparing my review of what is another collaboration from Massdrop. I will post a dedicated review and also post the review on here as well. Will have the big reveal later.

Oh, looking forward to this... :ok_hand::beerchug:

May 25, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #33,264 of 99,293
May 25, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #33,266 of 99,293
Don't you guys have work to do?Lol. I would have revealed it already but I have to finalize my preview/ review and Mike @ massdrop got me my photos at the very last minute. Litteraly this morning so I have to do some editing and finalizing. Then I will reveal.

Maybe during lunch I can post a pic. Ooooo a little teaser.

May 25, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #33,267 of 99,293
Can't wait, DS!

May 25, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #33,270 of 99,293

Hopefully your "discovery" came from a later production batch than mine, cause i'm waiting for replacement now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back