The discovery thread!
Jul 4, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #33,350 of 99,335
Musical IEMs With Detachable Cable
Made in collaboration with MEE Audio, the Pinnacle PX is the comfortable, versatile, and incredibly engaging IEM you’ll want to listen to all day long. It has the same tuning and detailed, enjoyable sound signature as the Pinnacle P1, with updates to the build quality and a significantly lower price. The zinc alloy housing has a scratch-resistant PVD finish in a custom dark blue, and the robust, detachable MMCX cable is complete with an inline microphone and remote. The 10-millimeter copper-clad dynamic moving-coil driver delivers a musical sound with crystal-clear mids and a realistic bass note, while the proprietary acoustic diffuser creates the ideal balance of treble extension and smooth in-ear response

Taken from the product description. It is the same Zinc Alloy housing but with a more tougher finish. They also improved the connectors and cable that came with the PX. It doesn't look as fancy as the P1 but is actually an improvement in a few ways. But will be sold at $114

Jul 12, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #33,351 of 99,335
So, what's new? Plenty actually! A few things...

For those who want a true Tenore upgrade...

"CARBO i" is equipped with a newly developed ultra compact dynamic driver, covering the reproduction frequency band 8 to 70,000 kHz, a high responding earphone. It adopts the new concept "i shape" design, improves the fitting feeling and detachability performance by installing diagonally from the ear into the ear named "slant in (slant in)", "High-definition original sound reproduction" realized
ZH.jpg

Also, the AZLA looks like a solid earphone and comes in at a shade under $500
2_thumb.jpg

The AZLA is a hybrid coaxial set-up by Mr. Ashley Lee who worked with Astel & Kern while at iriver
12.jpg

https://translate.googleusercontent...98.php&usg=ALkJrhgmoNlv8Mi4QhVUTyAy-wfuAV7P1A
  • Brand AZLA
  • Model number AZLA
  • Release date From the end of July 2017 to the beginning of August
  • Price direct sales site 49,980 yen (tax included)

BeB is back with the dual driver powered 2000EX
2000EX_blue_productpage3.jpg

https://translate.google.com/transl....bebjapan.com/product_2000EX.html&prev=search

New JVC's under construction so it will be a while but here is a peek...
jvc.jpg

Waiting for Radius to join the rest of the world with an over ear design?? A hybrid perhaps??
They are releasing such models through Bic Camera group.

HP-HHR11R-K_thumb.jpg

HP-HHR11R-K is a two-way hybrid type earphone equipped with a newly developed dynamic driver for mid and low range and one BA driver for high range. The cable adopted the twist structure, carefully removed the noise at the time of listening to music and made it possible to concentrate on music. The tendency of sound is said to be a sound with a well-balanced depth, singing voice stands out in vocal songs and it is said that you can enjoy "sound of voice".

In order to reproduce delicate sound of the high resolution sound source, HP-DHR 01R-K is equipped with a dynamic type driver of 8 mm caliber which newly developed and reviewed all parts such as diaphragm, magnet and coil. Compared to HP-HHR 11 R - K, the sound is characterized by a powerful deep bass and an obvious middle and high tone, and it is said to be compatible with rock - tasted songs like guitar overlap.

Both models adopt Radius's ear ear hook type. The ear hook was developed for this product, supposing that the thickness of the hook body is made as thin as possible to reduce discomfort during wearing and further improve the fit of the earphone body. Furthermore, it is designed to take a wide width by the thickness of silicon at both ends of the hook, preventing the cable from being detached from the hook at the time of attachment / detachment.

The cable is detachable, the connector is MMCX specification. The earpiece adopts a deep mount earpiece that fits behind the ear.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #33,353 of 99,335
New Zero Audio always good news!.. though idk if I can deal with straight barrel + rear entry + flat cable, as if those things weren't often irritating enough on their own :dizzy_face:

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #33,354 of 99,335
Good stuff Jant. Carbo looks good. I would assume price will be fair for those. I just hope they introduce those to the international market sooner than later. JVCs look like a metal version of the woodies. Look forward to reading about them.

A bit of an update on the EDC and PX Massdrop earphones. Been busy with work and there was a bit of a snafu for when I was allowed to post a review for the PX. Gave me some times to reevaluate the PX. I wrote a revised version of them and will post the review soon and will include sound differences between the 2 earphons. Basically the EDC is awesome for enjoying your music and has a more musical full bodied sound including a full bass end. The PX is a much more mature tuning with almost a reference like quality to them and is much more neutral in tone and does mids and treble better than most single dynamics I have heard a bit weak in the sub bass however. Both actually compliment each other and have their strenths and weaknesses I will write more about in the PX revised review.

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #33,357 of 99,335
I got a lot of questions about the Shure earphones on MD. I have to be honest as say I have never had the Shure SE215. Don't know if it will be an upgrade but I can tell you I own earphones that cost up to 8X the EDC and I would much rather carry the EDC out in public than them simply due to the fact that they isolate so well and sound so engaging out and about.

It is a no brainer what they are asking for them at $60.

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #33,358 of 99,335
Jul 15, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #33,359 of 99,335

Nice review, DS! As an aside, I was curious about your DAP collection. How would you rate/compare them? I have the Pono, DX90, and has the original X3 (gave it to my daughter, think she lost it). I'd rate them in that order for SQ (Pono, DX90, then X3). More recently got the Pioneer XDP-300R, which I think is really good sounding, but had some user issues that I dislike (UI, battery life). Just curious...

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #33,360 of 99,335
Love the Pono for what it is but my X5iii is easily my favorite Dap. It shares some similarities to the original X3. Think a much more refined X3 and you might get a good idea how the X5iii could be. In comparison to the Pono. It has more height and depth to the sound. Stage is roughly similar. Not the widest stage for sound but more than makes up for it with deep detail to your music. It has a very musical sound to it. Been using it every day since I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back