The Black Grado SR325 Appreciation Thread (Also, SR100/200/300) :
Oct 6, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 39
ebay, a couple weeks ago. the set with the busted headband and no pads...
i have spares of every grado pad known to man (except sr-60 stock pads) and all the parts from my sr-125 which became the gradodynamic dt-125 so a spare headband. the sr-125 has the cheap vinyl top-strap, but i have fluffy hair, so i cant feel the leather anyways.

it was a match made in heaven.

Oct 6, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #17 of 39
Good job then, I wanted this busted set so much but couldn't justify spending $130ish when I don't have any replacement parts on hand. I do like having the original box as well as the warranty papers and all that bling bling, they look to be in mint condition as well.
icon10.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #18 of 39
I just received them... they're brand new. They look sooo sexy with the black aluminum cups. I switched the SR325 headband for the SR100 one and it's even sexier. I can't wait to pop the HP1000 drivers in these babies.

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #21 of 39
They just can't beat the HP1000 drivers in my SR100 but that doesn't mean they suck, it's mainly because of my preferences. They're a great improvement on the SR325i/MS2i but they really need flats to shine.

They have a bigger soundstage than my SR100 but the latter do imaging better than the SR325. The bass is nice, tight and snappy and it does go a bit deeper than the SR100. Mids are clean as hell and really refined but still lack that wonderful Joe Grado magic. The highs are fairly extended and doesn't have too much impact like the current SR325i, wich I found painful. Only one word comes to mind when I'm listening to these and that's ''Clean''... perhaps too clean for my tastes. The SR100, while being more neutral, is funnier to listen to due to the smooth upfront presentation.

Oct 19, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 39
I was really close to bidding on a pair that came up on Ebay uk a while back, but a pair of RS-1s were listed a day or so later (that i eventually won).

Oct 20, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #23 of 39
I listened to Killercrush's pair and I was really deceived. That'S my opinion. Don't trust at 100% what I'm going to say.

I had the SR325i for one time, and they sounded harsh and sibilant, with no soundstage at all and not enough bass, but those SR325 are just the cake. They sound thin, distant, dry, everything I feared in a Grado headphone. The soundstage might be increased a little, but everyrhing is distant and dry. I was deceived, because those headphones are really sexy.

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #24 of 39
i had a chance to pick up one of these, but was scared off by another member's description of his pair.
he said they were boring.
he said he brought them to meets just so he could show everyone how boring they are.
your impression of them sounds about the same.
i settled on the rs-2 and am glad i did.

Mar 17, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 39
Here's the almost ultimate black SR325 version :

Grado SR100 w/ Factory HP1000 Drivers,
Grado Signature Laboratory Standard Audio Cable,
Unbuttoned/Regrilled Black SR325 Housings,
Beyer Headband & Grado Flat Pads.

Put together by a good friend of mine, Laurent aka larryminator on this forum.

Mar 18, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #27 of 39
I always use my SR100 as a reference:

hp.PNG

On the flip side, you should see a beautiful black star in the middle of the speaker cloth. =)

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #29 of 39
what the heck are those 325 cups doing on your sr100's? does it sound better? ahhh, i see, you're probably going for the hp1000 metal housing thing? interesting...

do you by chance have a pic of that beautiful star of which you speak?

Jun 30, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #30 of 39
Hi Folks,

I have the Black 325s, didn't realise they were so rare! What would be the best drivers to put in these and where can I find them? I actually really like the sound on mine stock especially with the re-cable : ) But willing to try some new drivers if they can be improved.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back