The Altmann Tera Player - Thread
Jul 10, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #2,296 of 2,897
What's the difference between that and the original?
There are only two versions as far as i am aware.
V0 and V1 that is slightly more powerful, however there are few versions of the Tera Player and that includes: Light Edition, Standard Legacy Edition , Stealth Edition, and Ultra Stealth Edition that is harder to get and is completely black without any writing, truly beautiful.
I am not sure but some may be tunned a bit different as my Stealth Edition was a bit different than a Standard Legacy Edition.
CanJam is a good place for people to bring their Tera Player and try it with other owners.
All written above is IMHO.

Cheers,
Musicday

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #2,298 of 2,897
There are only two versions as far as i am aware.
V0 and V1 that is slightly more powerful, however there are few versions of the Tera Player and that includes: Light Edition, Standard Legacy Edition , Stealth Edition, and Ultra Stealth Edition that is harder to get and is completely black without any writing, truly beautiful.
I am not sure but some may be tunned a bit different as my Stealth Edition was a bit different than a Standard Legacy Edition.
CanJam is a good place for people to bring their Tera Player and try it with other owners.
All written above is IMHO.

Cheers,
Musicday

Didn't realize that the different models had different tuning. I just purchased a v1 Tera edition that has a peace sign on the back. My understanding is that it's the Light edition but could be wrong. I've heard and lusted after the Tera player for a while now so excited to finally get my hands on it. Just need to start converting my library into wav files now !!

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #2,300 of 2,897
You just made a very good investment. Enjoy your Tera Player. Don't forget the modified Koss Porta Pro and yes, your model is a V1 Light Edition.
Thanks. Any recommendations for s/w to convert my flac library into wav? I have a mac and was thinking of using the XLD converter but wanted to know if there were any better choices

Jul 10, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #2,302 of 2,897
Sorry i have never used a Mac, but Charles himself recommends XLD to convert Flac to WAV . Make sure the music files are clean or any metadata, album art etc.
And happy listening.
Awesome, thanks

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #2,303 of 2,897
any suggestions for a case for the Tera player other than the crimson hides option i saw a few pages back?

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #2,305 of 2,897
i don't have those headphones. Are there any other case options?

Jul 13, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #2,306 of 2,897
The Tera Player doesn't really need a case when out and about or listening at home. As long as you don't use it at the gym or in the rain where it can get wet is fine.
Is a very sturdy and well built portable music player.
I have never heard stories of any being faulty.
Just keep it in your pocket while listening to your music and you will be fine.
Also it won't hurt if you could add some photos as other people may still be interested to see it.

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #2,307 of 2,897
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #2,309 of 2,897
Wonderful, what's best earphones/headphones you have used so far? I would like to try it with Aeon and LCD i4.
I have only used the AKG K3003 thus far and not enough time to form any opinions. Will be trying my Shure's and Noble's over the weekend.

Jul 14, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,310 of 2,897
I have only used the AKG K3003 thus far and not enough time to form any opinions. Will be trying my Shure's and Noble's over the weekend.
Let me know. I love the Tera with my Audeo PFE232 iems

Users who are viewing this thread

Back