The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Reviews and Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #31 of 2,251
I actually like the Exclusive 1 and the King.
Thought the Exclusive 1 reminded me somewhat of Fitear tuning.

The King's trebles can get a bit hot.

I feel the 1 and King are the most alike in the Exclusive Series, with the 1 having more treble and bass tossed in. All are quite good, but I'd personally give the 1 a pass, unless I couldn't get a hold of the King.

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #35 of 2,251
Can anyone pow wow with the k3 magaosi? Thanks

My Exclusive just arrived and with only about 20 minutes of listening, I am very pleased with the overall sound signature. Full and lush with very nice bass. As for comparing it against the K3 Pro, in just a real quick A/B between the two, my initial impression is that the K3 Pro is technically better with better control of the bass, wider soundstage and better resolution. I'll post more once the Exclusive 5 has burned in more. However as things stand right now, the K3 is subjectively better, maybe not night and day better, but it's something I can hear right away.

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #36 of 2,251
...K3 Pro is technically better with better control of the bass, wider soundstage and better resolution...
:astonished: What?!?

I was contemplating on getting Exclusive 5 or Exclusive King to complement my K3 Pro as non necessarily more fun listen, but more precise and more analytical earphone which would have better control, better soundstage, clarity, details... All that was written so far in reviews and threads have made me believe that The King (or even perhaps Excl. 5) would be just that... now I am not so sure...

Waiting for further and more in depth comparisons... :popcorn:

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #37 of 2,251

I was contemplating on getting Exclusive 5 or Exclusive King to complement my K3 Pro as non necessarily more fun listen, but more precise and more analytical earphone which would have better control, better soundstage, clarity, details... All that was written so far in reviews and threads have made me believe that The King (or even perhaps Excl. 5) would be just that... now I am not so sure...

Only this two are the K3 contenders? :smile_phones:

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #38 of 2,251
Only this two are the K3 contenders? :smile_phones:
Well - no.

Thing is - my preferred "domain" was under $50 IEMs and I stretched that for K3 Pro. I definitely am glad I did that because K3 Pro is really IMO better than all KZ's, Urbanfun and all other good cheap IEMs I've collected so far. It is even (again IMO) better listen and in certain aspects even technically better than two Etymotics that I have.

Based on that K3 Pro experience I wanted to see what $100 whereabouts can do best in soundstage, clarity, details and control. Was very excited with Exclusive King reports, but will definitely appreciate any other suggestion - thanks in advance. :ksc75smile:

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #39 of 2,251
Well - no.

Thing is - my preferred "domain" was under $50 IEMs and I stretched that for K3 Pro. I definitely am glad I did that because K3 Pro is really IMO better than all KZ's, Urbanfun and all other good cheap IEMs I've collected so far. It is even (again IMO) better listen and in certain aspects even technically better than two Etymotics that I have.

Based on that K3 Pro experience I wanted to see what $100 whereabouts can do best in soundstage, clarity, details and control. Was very excited with Exclusive King reports, but will definitely appreciate any other suggestion - thanks in advance. :ksc75smile:

I have high hopes for TFZ as they are using the Graphenes. Hopefully they can better or get close to the K3 at a fraction of the cost.

Jul 14, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #40 of 2,251
I have high hopes for TFZ as they are using the Graphenes. Hopefully they can better or get close to the K3 at a fraction of the cost.
Yes, yes... that 12 mm dual magnet graphene thingy is one of the reasons I am considering "audition with the King" :wink: It is just normal that dynamic drivers should evolve... not sure though that they can match BA drivers in the aspects I've mentioned...

Jul 14, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #42 of 2,251
Well - no.

It's funny you mention the KZ lineup... The K3 Pro is definitely miles better than the ZS3 and ZST that I have, for different reasons, but for some reason I find myself reaching for my ZS5 quite a lot. There is something that's just really fun with those. It's technically a step or two behind the K3 Pros, but it has for me quite an engaging sound. The K3 Pro, however, is much more refined without presenting itself as clinical. I've listened to the Exclusive 5 a bit more, and while I am very much enjoying it, for some reason I feel like there's just something missing, some excitement that's been misplaced somewhere. I'll keep chiming in as more burn in hours pass and I can better compare the various IEMs I possess. My Chi-fi contenders include the K3 Pro, Ex. 5, KZ ZS5, ZST, ZS3, and I'll throw in an outlier with the Beyerdynamic Byron wired. Should the YINJW P8 arrive on the slow boat from China anytime soon, I'll throw those into the comparison as well.

Give me a week or two and I'll try to write something up.

Jul 17, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #44 of 2,251
It's funny you mention the KZ lineup... The K3 Pro is definitely miles better than the ZS3 and ZST that I have, for different reasons, but for some reason I find myself reaching for my ZS5 quite a lot. There is something that's just really fun with those. It's technically a step or two behind the K3 Pros, but it has for me quite an engaging sound. The K3 Pro, however, is much more refined without presenting itself as clinical. I've listened to the Exclusive 5 a bit more, and while I am very much enjoying it, for some reason I feel like there's just something missing, some excitement that's been misplaced somewhere. I'll keep chiming in as more burn in hours pass and I can better compare the various IEMs I possess. My Chi-fi contenders include the K3 Pro, Ex. 5, KZ ZS5, ZST, ZS3, and I'll throw in an outlier with the Beyerdynamic Byron wired. Should the YINJW P8 arrive on the slow boat from China anytime soon, I'll throw those into the comparison as well.

Give me a week or two and I'll try to write something up.
Patiently awaiting your review but I won't mind if you can drop a liner or two every few days if that's not too uch to ask for lol

Jul 21, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #45 of 2,251

Really quickly, as I will write more in detail in a few days, all the things you are looking for, the K3 Pro does better than the Exclusive 5. At least to my ears. Don't get me wrong, the Ex 5 is a great pair, and fun in its own right, with more bass quantity. It's like the K3 Pro is a refinement of the Ex 5. I'll throw in the disclaimer, however, that my Ex 5 really only has about 20 plus hours on them. Maybe they'll change once they get past the 150-200 hour mark, but as they stand right now, the K3 Pro comes out on top. From what I've read, and from what you seem to be looking for, you might want to look at the Mee Audio Pinnacle PX that Massdrop has right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back