Test Monster Turbine Pro Headphones!
Dec 10, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #106 of 131
Mine came in the mail today as well. Right away....packaging is exquisite. Well done there monster. Felt like a very luxurious product.

Gave a quick listen and put them through a burn in CD that I like to run equipment through. Want them to be in good shape before really sitting down and listening.

CREFG_1000__7444__01152009112123-2989.jpg

Dec 10, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #107 of 131
I didn't get mine yet.
frown.gif

They better come today or I'm going to start worrying. Especially since I noticed that shaizada is in the same state as me.

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #108 of 131
deleted

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #109 of 131
Are you allowed to post some pics and give us a Real Quick First Impression about the Sound Quality and what the Equalizer on the Armature looks like. Cable and build quality seems more sturdy than Original.?.
Or did Monster say not-to until a special date?

Dec 16, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #110 of 131
My ear is completely blocked by congestion - my friend will do a quick review that I wil;l post and I will do a detailed one when I am healthy. This sucks..

Dec 17, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #111 of 131
Dammit, how did I miss this thread?
frown.gif
Because I enjoy the original Turbines so much from my Sansa e280 -- but find them much too bassy from my Fuze -- I've been debating whether or not to add the Turbine Pros to my Christmas list...and the lack of head-fi user reviews has had me leaning toward the "don't bother" side. Having my very own review sample might have swayed me, though...
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #112 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you allowed to post some pics and give us a Real Quick First Impression about the Sound Quality and what the Equalizer on the Armature looks like. Cable and build quality seems more sturdy than Original.?.
Or did Monster say not-to until a special date?

What kind of pics you want? I paid for mine, so I can do as I please.

Dec 19, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #113 of 131
I just received my Pros today (non-review, paid for by me), and have to say I am impressed. The sound is very neutral on first listen (pre-burn in), without the bass hump of the Turbines while still extending deep into the bass and retaining good mids and treble. I have to say that I really enjoy the Turbines, with a nice sound that is pleasing and very detailed across the spectrum, but the Pros keep that while providing a more audiophile-centric neutrality. Both are great, it seems the Pros are more accurate right now.

The build quality also appears to be an improvement, with a thicker cable from the L-plug to the splitter, and the strain relief (finally!) looks good. The L-plug seems a little blingy to me, but it is a big improvement over the straight plug used in the regular Turbines.

My Turbines are almost a year old and still look and sound new, but the Pros do seem to be an improvement in sound and build quality. I'm looking forward to breaking them in over the next two weeks.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #114 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobber65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my Pros today (non-review, paid for by me), and have to say I am impressed. The sound is very neutral on first listen (pre-burn in), without the bass hump of the Turbines while still extending deep into the bass and retaining good mids and treble. I have to say that I really enjoy the Turbines, with a nice sound that is pleasing and very detailed across the spectrum, but the Pros keep that while providing a more audiophile-centric neutrality. Both are great, it seems the Pros are more accurate right now.

The build quality also appears to be an improvement, with a thicker cable from the L-plug to the splitter, and the strain relief (finally!) looks good. The L-plug seems a little blingy to me, but it is a big improvement over the straight plug used in the regular Turbines.

My Turbines are almost a year old and still look and sound new, but the Pros do seem to be an improvement in sound and build quality. I'm looking forward to breaking them in over the next two weeks.

Thanks for the early impressions. Did you buy the gold version?

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #115 of 131
Yes, I bought the gold version. It seems to be the only version available right now, but I'm also worried about the copper oxidizing over time (gold seems to be more stable). Silly concern, but I tend to keep my equipment for a long time.

From a sound perspective, I can't say right now if I could detect a difference if the copper version is supposed to be the most neutral. The gold is very neutral, and a nice complement to the regular Turbines.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #118 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am getting surgery on the 29th that should fix this problem. Stand by.

Wow. Best of luck with the operation. What's your recovery time?

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #119 of 131
(Don't worry, this is a good story.)

I was supposed to receive the Monster Turbine Pros two weeks ago, but they never came. SoundMatters12 PM'd me soon after I posted my concern on this thread, and said he/she would look into it. A few days after, it was concluded that from the tracking number, they were lost in transit.

So they shipped out another pair to me via FedEx Express Saver Overnight, and they arrived a day early at their destination. Unfortunately, the destination was my college, which I'm seven hours away from until January 2nd, and the earliest I can nab them is on the 4th.

Heck, I'm even lucky enough that somebody was over there to receive the package. University services were supposed to be on break starting yesterday.
tongue.gif

So just wanted to say how nice and helpful SoundMatters12 was in not abandoning me on the shipping issue, and I look forward to finally spending time with evaluating these IEMs through January.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #120 of 131
Really loving my Turbines since I got em about 6 months ago. One thing that worries me is the cabling, but its nice to see a bit more thought into Pro's design. Hope to see some Pro vs. Non-Pro comparisons
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back