Test Monster Turbine Pro COPPER Headphones
Jun 12, 2010 at 11:03 AM Post #256 of 293
I wouldnt know.
The IEMs havent even arrived yet.
I hope they didnt get lost in the mail.  I originally gave him my PO Box, then i found out they were Fedexing them to people so i messaged Soundmatters12 and gave Him my home addy so he can Fedex them, knowing Fedex doesnt send to PO Boxes.

Has anyone else NOT recieved the Coppers, or im I the only one waiting?

Quote:
Just making sure, everyone else from the 2nd round didn't receive the pair of Comply foam, right?

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #258 of 293
They finally got here yesterday!
I was out all day so i havent gotten a chance to listen to the Coppers yet.

I want to do an "out of the box" initial impression, then im going to burn them in for about 100 hours, being theyre dynamic drivers.   Then ill start the listenning, comparing, and taking notes.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #259 of 293
I'm glad you finally got them although a bit late (compared to the rest of us) but better late than never. I'm hoping to be done with my review and posted here by Thursday or Friday.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #260 of 293
Im not looking to rush this review.  I did the review on the Golds a little quick i think, and i want to add a comparison between the golds and coppers also, and allow burn-in this time, which i didnt do with the golds.

I dont see a package that says comply tips.  I have 2 packs that say super tips, and i have 2 baggies that zip closed .    I think complys are the hard foam type stuff that used to come with the Koss The Plug, which were impossible to insert, unless complys are improved.

This will take longer than just a few days to review properly.

Remember, Monster wants all the tips commented on, and 3 genres of music at least, and its to be posted on Head-Fi, Amazon, and Monster......i may add it also to Audioreview.com .
I hope the pictures on all sites use the same code so the pics show.
I havent tried to post pics here on the new site, and my review of the golds never showed up on monsters site yet.  I messaged Soundmatters12 about the issue, so hopefully they find my review. If not, ill re-post it again.

My Gold review has been on Head-Fi for months though. 

I also want to compare amped and unamped and with a few players and my home studio , being theyre also for studio pros. I have a Lexicon Omega home studio for my PC and it has a built-in dac and can drive anything. 
Itll be nice to show how it works for audiophile, pro, and common consumer use. 

They sure give you alot of stuff with these and present them well.
If they keep this up and make more products that are serious like this, they will really do better and lose the old stigma.  So far im really impressed with their IEMs.  Its the natural full speaker-type sound that i like.

Quote:
I'm glad you finally got them although a bit late (compared to the rest of us) but better late than never. I'm hoping to be done with my review and posted here by Thursday or Friday.

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #261 of 293
I started my review yesterday. I'm kind of afraid it'll be too long... I have 2 Word pages single spaced for packaging and first impressions. Hopefully it doesn't end up like darth_nut's O2 review haha. I tend to over-explain things.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #262 of 293
i wouldn't worry about it. My last review was 5 pages on a document. I got 4 pages on this one so far and I'm not done.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #264 of 293

Quote:
i wouldn't worry about it. My last review was 5 pages on a document. I got 4 pages on this one so far and I'm not done.

Okay, I have 3 out of the at least 7 albums done and I still have to do sound summaries and conclusions...4 pages...Well, there is no limit for length.

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #265 of 293
Im burning in right now for a few days.
Im also looking for my 1/8" to 1/4" adapter.  I have like 3 or 4 of them, and i cant find one...lol.
Oh wait...i just remembered where they are. I packed them in a box when i brought them to the last meet...lol.
Funny, im looking for them over an hour, and i remember while sitting here writing about how i cant find it..lol.
I need it to try the Coppers on my home stereo and also my PC Studio. 

Edit:  Ok...im even more stupid than thought previously, as i forgot theres a 1/4" adapter included...lol.  It gorgeous too!!! lol

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #267 of 293
It's not bragging. No one believes me when I say I'm no good at reviews :frowning2:

Anyway I'm just about done. I just have to put up some song comparisons/notes and then edit the whole thing. It will be up later today or early tomorrow.

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #268 of 293

Ok , heres my review:

YA!

Ok, that about explains it.

Beat that suckuh!!! 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
let's have a contest of who can write the shortest review. :3

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #269 of 293
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497735/review-monster-turbine-pro-copper

posted my review there

Jun 23, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #270 of 293
Nice review Rawrster....ill have mine soon i hope. Been working alot.   I tell ya, i love these things...lol.
Ill post a review soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back