TEAC UD-301
Nov 13, 2016 at 5:57 AM Post #181 of 283
Recently got a new computer with Windows 10, had a laptop with W7 for 5 years and I owned this DAC/Amp for over 6 months now. I'm very happy with till just now as it doesn't look like it "gets along" with W10 very well. It basically stops playing after about a minute or so and I have to restart it, or restart the computer or both. Tried it with 2 different media players and and all the available streaming methods.[Direct, WASAPI, Asio.] It worked great with W7 with the TEAC supplied driver, and it is also flawless with my LG v20 Android phone. I did try to uninstall the driver and reinstall with no difference.Went through all the settings I could think of.
Any ideas?

Do you have the Win 10 anniversary update?  I had some issues when the anniversary update was installed, did a revert to previous version, un-installed the USB driver for the UD-301, re-did the anniversary update, and then re-installed the USB driver.  Seems to work great now, but have since installed a Xonar DG sound card and use the optical port and in-installed the USB driver.  On another system the anniversary update crashes all the time so just reverted to previous version and will pray that the next version update fixes the issue.

Nov 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #183 of 283
Yes I have the latest windows version, I probably just re insert my Parasound Zdac for the time being since it is just USB 1.0 so no drivers needed, and use the TEAC with the V20 via OTG. Looks like Windows might finally have USB AC 2.0 "soon" enough" It's a bummer since I bought the TEAC for it's Pre amp feature with my Nuforce mono blocks, and happens to have a superior headphone amp section as well....

Nov 13, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #184 of 283
I have W10 as well with no issues. However, perhaps Windows is putting the USB port to sleep. I'd check the properties on all of the USB ports in your system and ensure that the checkbox that allows Windows to put the port to sleep, is not checked. Are you using the ASIO driver?

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #185 of 283
I haven't checked the USB ports's properties but the USB cable I use have a light built in and it's lit when power goes through, the DAC also report the USB input with a solid light on.Other DACs work on the same USB port with no issues, however they are driver less designs[24/96 only ] As I've said I tried all of the USB audio outputs including ASIO on my media player [Music Bee].

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #186 of 283
I haven't checked the USB ports's properties but the USB cable I use have a light built in and it's lit when power goes through, the DAC also report the USB input with a solid light on.Other DACs work on the same USB port with no issues, however they are driver less designs[24/96 only ] As I've said I tried all of the USB audio outputs including ASIO on my media player [Music Bee].

try and in-install the driver, reboot the system, do a check for updates and install any that you find, reboot the system again and download the drivers from the Teac site again.  Might also want to install with Admin rights (right click on the file and chose "run as admin")

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #187 of 283
OK I think I fixed this. There is a setting for "supported formats" and all three Dolby, DTS Microsoft WMA pro was checked for some reason. I have no idea why, since this DAC don't support any of those formats directly. It should have been unchecked for all 3, so I did, and voila it works.!
Enjoying my DAC again for the better part of the day. Thanks guys. :)

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #188 of 283
OK I think I fixed this. There is a setting for "supported formats" and all three Dolby, DTS Microsoft WMA pro was checked for some reason. I have no idea why, since this DAC don't support any of those formats directly. It should have been unchecked for all 3, so I did, and voila it works.!
Enjoying my DAC again for the better part of the day. Thanks guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for posting the fix, hopefully others don't have the same issues.

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #189 of 283
In response to the volume control, in my correspondence with Teac I learned that it is Digital. I believe the only the 503 uses their advanced volume circuits used in their Esoteric line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back