Superlux HD330..29euros gives you A LOT! ( Review )
Mar 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #17 of 30
My HD 330 left side doesnt have white thing around the speaker. right side has it i can see white when see through thin foam but left side is black and i can see few grooves. Is it something that i need to be worried or that white film is just for looks?

Jun 18, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #19 of 30
I basically agree to some of your reviews here.

The bass is great, down to below 20 hz, good all around and tight, treble is also clear and good. Sound stage is better but not the best compared to gaming headphones. Positioning and clarity is good. Build is good. Comfort is average but not very comfortable. Good for electronic music and rock. For 3D music, orchestral, movie, and modern pop music this is also great.

But my only complain I have is is the MID. The mid is not forward. True that we can hear details, but the voice is not very personal and close, but rather a bit distant among the sounds around, especially female voice. I listen to jazz and as critical listener I want the voices to be more forward, more personal, more intimate and detailed. Maybe it is only my preference but I revert back to my simple portable Sennheiser PX and HD 5xx series.

But overall for the money this is excellent. For some songs this is great. I will keep it.

Jun 18, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #20 of 30
Nice review. I have the HD681 Evo and have been very impressed with them for the money. Definitely better than my M50x. I might have to pick up a pair of the 330--thanks for writing this up.

Jun 18, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #21 of 30
Nice review. I have the HD681 Evo and have been very impressed with them for the money. Definitely better than my M50x. I might have to pick up a pair of the 330--thanks for writing this up.
I loved my HD681 EVOs.....until the male connector started to fail...which only took a few months. This is a well-known flaw in the design of the EVOs. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #22 of 30
I loved my HD681 EVOs.....until the male connector started to fail...which only took a few months. This is a well-known flaw in the design of the EVOs. :frowning2:
Ah. For some reason, I have escaped that flaw. It has been about two years or so, but I really baby mine (not sure if that even makes a difference--I am probably just lucky ---)).

Jun 18, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #23 of 30
Ah. For some reason, I have escaped that flaw. It has been about two years or so, but I really baby mine (not sure if that even makes a difference--I am probably just lucky ---)).
i think you're lucky. i'm unlucky.

Jun 22, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #24 of 30
Yes this is amazing headphone. Inexpensive. Built quality good, even outward appearance is rather studio not stylish. Soundstage great. Clarity superb. Bass is low and very good. I enhance equalizer up on area around 200-250 hertz and female vocal is also becoming much better. Next according to the graphs above I reduce the area 8 Khz a bit as there are sibilances here, but I step up area 16 Khz to max. The result is amazing. The sound is analytical but pleasing. Good for orchestral, 3Dmusic and modern pop music that use much bass and effects. I prefer this than my other cans such as ATH M40x, HD598 and Superlux HD 581 Evo. I really want to buy others from Superlux or Takstar. Perhaps someone can test Superlux HD 6000 or Takstar Pro 82 and Takstar TS 671 and compare with this

Jun 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #25 of 30
I tried to use equalizer to balance it, to enhance voices, and compensate high and so far it is successful. Very good for acoustics, sounds become very clear and natural. Good for pop and jazz.

upload_2017-6-29_21-25-34.png

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #26 of 30
Yes this is amazing headphone. Inexpensive. Built quality good, even outward appearance is rather studio not stylish. Soundstage great. Clarity superb. Bass is low and very good. I enhance equalizer up on area around 200-250 hertz and female vocal is also becoming much better. Next according to the graphs above I reduce the area 8 Khz a bit as there are sibilances here, but I step up area 16 Khz to max. The result is amazing. The sound is analytical but pleasing. Good for orchestral, 3Dmusic and modern pop music that use much bass and effects. I prefer this than my other cans such as ATH M40x, HD598 and Superlux HD 581 Evo. I really want to buy others from Superlux or Takstar. Perhaps someone can test Superlux HD 6000 or Takstar Pro 82 and Takstar TS 671 and compare with this

Have the Hd330 and Hd6000
HD6000 is also very good sounding can.
But sounds is much more linear than HD330.
HD6000 is also on the warm side, touch more darker than HD330. With better vocals as mids are not as much recessed as HD330. Also good tight bass without bleed to mids. Better mids and higs quality compared to Superlux cans(also have Hd668b)
But the comfort is the problem on HD6000 as overall build is clunky and headband dosent have enough profile - puts to much pressure. Earcups are more on ear than over ear size and the same time are very shallow - more than CAL for example.

As for hd668b and hd330. 668 sounds much wider but somehow restricted. While 330 is clser sounding can but soudstage feel is much more apparent end pleasing. Mids and higs are better on hd330 as hd668b they are covered with grain.
HD330 - musical sounding,middle V shape can; HD668B - analyticall sounding, small V shape can(beyer custom one pro earpads add some warmth and bass to it)

If you already didnt try, i do recommend Shure SRH940 welur earpads ro beyer custom one pro pads for the HD330.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:34 AM Post #27 of 30
Can my phone drive these headphones at decent volume, it is new phone Oneplus two?? Right now I dont have money for amp.
To be honest: an iphone 4s can do it if you dont choose a very low volume track (there are differences of volume in recordings of course) a uphone 5 is slightly louder and perfect. I dont go to highest volume level on iphone 5 on any track with my 330.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #28 of 30

Attachments

• D3DD6F29-4D68-439E-BDAC-CC27E24C8EF6.jpeg
    D3DD6F29-4D68-439E-BDAC-CC27E24C8EF6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #29 of 30
I just received my unit of this headphone and I'm enjoying it very much.

All frequencies work in harmony (I'm surprised!) with very nice details. It's not burnet yet but I noted high volume (using NX4 DSD amp) causes a few of distortion on the low bass and treble area. Pehaps very early feeling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back